October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part III - Be there and be part of History.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of all nighters from the Dallas show coming?

Anyways, I'll be getting into town tomorrow, I'll have (another) nice 10 X 10 sun shelter, that should help with the heat! Should be room for a few of you :wink:

So what's the official lineup situation, is anyone meeting anywhere besides the stadium? At the Dallas show, security and staff were more than fine with us camping. But I'm getting a vibe that people aren't ok with that here.

530-410-9145, someone call or text tomorrow if there's people meeting elsewhere!

My schedule just opened up so I am heading down ticketless on Sunday. Will be my first show since Dodger Stadium 10/30/92. Been wanting to go again ever since but it never really worked out. Let's hope someone out of the 96,000 people showing up will have an extra ticket for me.

Hey, I called the Rose Bowl today to ask if they are allowing cameras into the venue. They said that "if its a personal camera for you and your friend to take pictures", that will be fine. But if its a (here is the catchy phrase...) a nice looking, zoom camera that takes nice pictures... they would not allow them. Well, most personal digital cameras ARE nice... wtf? What do you guys think?

I'm thinking they mean something like a digital camera with removable/telephoto lenses. If it's a small digitial camera I'm thinking it won't be a big deal.

I'm thinking they mean something like a digital camera with removable/telephoto lenses. If it's a small digitial camera I'm thinking it won't be a big deal.

I agree. I have been to the last 3 rose bowl games (cmon' now, I am a Trojan!) hehehe, anyways, in the past 3 years, they have drawn the line on detachable lens'. That is, if you cannot take your camera's lens off, then you should be good.

Also, if the guys working security are as dumb as they have been in the past, they may night even care (I got into the 2008 Rose Bowl game with a Digital SLR with a huge telephoto lens!). However, if you come with a nice camera, you are taking a chance.

So many people have cameras in their cell phones now that the powers that be probably realized they can't police everyone. They can only worry about the more professional-looking cameras that might give the DVD a run for its money.

I'm bringing my little digital P&S, but I figure I can still get great claw and stadium photos! :D

They have been showing stuff on the local news channels as well. Saw something on ABC (Channel 7) about 30 minutes ago.

Parking confusion and an extra pair of GA's for sale

Hey guys!

First, I wanted to let you all know that I just got my hands on an extra pair of GAs for Sunday's show at the Rose Bowl (friend bailed on me). They are hard tickets and I know that they are legit because I bought them myself from Ticketmaster. $125 for the pair. Hardcore fans only!

Also, I wanted to share what I have learned about the parking situation. For those of you who live in the area, you probably already know that you cannot park on the streets of Pasadena between the hours of 2AM-6AM unless you have a permit. This poses a big problem, unless you know of the following alternates:

ALTERNATE 1
Park at the Sierra Madre Villa Metro Gold Line station (LINK) and take the train. Sierra Madre Villa station is a huge parking garage and it is free to use.

The first train of the day departs for Memorial Park station (the station closest to the Rose Bowl) at 4:36 AM and then they depart about every 10 minutes or so. It is best to get there a few minutes early because they will probably leave exactly at on schedule (LINK TO GOLD LINE SCHEDULE). Charge is a little over $1 per train ride (bring cash, just in case the credit isn't working).

The train ride is only 7 minutes long, after which we will have about a 20-30 minute walk to the rose bowl (don't worry, it goes by faster than you think). HERE are walking directions to the Rose Bowl from Memorial Park station.

ALTERNATE 2

Park at one of the the 24 hour CITY garages in Old Town Pasadena. I emphasize CITY garages because I have called and spoken with a few of the private lot companies and they are (1) increasing their fees to a ridiculous amount and (2) typically not opening their lots until mid-morning (e.g. parpark). To drive to the city garage closest to the Rose Bowl, exit Fair Oaks South on the 210 and head south, turn right (west) on Colorado, turn left (South) on De Lacey and the garage will be down on your right hand side in between Colorado & Green (look for the actual parking garage, not one of the pay lots!). Fees are paid after the show and should be about $11 total. If you go with this alternate (as I plan on doing), HERE are the walking directions from the garage.

On a final note, I would recommend going with one of these two options (if you can't get street parking after 6AM) because if you park at the Rose Bowl, you will pay more and you will wait longer to exit (it is a mess after any big event).

Keep in mind that the google maps directions say that the walks will be approximately 35-45 minutes, but this isn't true. I have done both walks many times and (probably because I am so excited and walking faster), for me, the walks have only been about 20-25 minutes.

I hope that this all helps you guys. :D Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions (or want the pair of tickets that I have for sale). I will be in my gray Barcelona Tour shirt and hopefully near the front of the GA line (studying, unfortunately), so say "hi" if you see me!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey - thanks for the information. However, that doesn't help me if I already have the Preferred Parking Pass.... Any suggestions there jefe? :wink:

I thought so too but I kinda got the feeling that it was more like, "well, take your chances buddy".

Yea, I think that they always are a bit hazy on the actual policy because they do not want to argue specifics with anyone. That is, if they don't want you taking your camera in, there is nothing that you can do (i.e. no specific policy to hide behind).

That being said, I have never heard of anyone not being allowed to take a point & shoot into the Rose Bowl for any event.

Hey - thanks for the information. However, that doesn't help me if I already have the Preferred Parking Pass.... Any suggestions there jefe? :wink:

Ohhh!! That changes everything! Yea, you will have to arrive early (definitely before 8) and drop someone off; hopefully the people working the numbers in the line are okay with people joining their groups later. Sorry for not clarifying! :sad: If a lot of people did this (purchased preferred parking ahead of time), then you probably won't have any trouble from people already in line. We are all one big family, right!?:heart:

Hey guys!

First, I wanted to let you all know that I just got my hands on an extra pair of GAs for Sunday's show at the Rose Bowl (friend bailed on me). They are hard tickets and I know that they are legit because I bought them myself from Ticketmaster. $125 for the pair. Hardcore fans only!

Cheers!

YES! I Want these for friends! i will be in GA Line on Sunday wearing my green ireland jersey and red top hat!

As long as you cannot detach your lens, you should be fine.

So they're going to allow cameras despite it being filmed? That's cool. I was wondering if filming rules would hamper people from being able to bring in their own point and shooters

So they're going to allow cameras despite it being filmed? That's cool. I was wondering if filming rules would hamper people from being able to bring in their own point and shooters

I don't think that they prohibit point and shoots when filming. Before the Chicago Vertigo show when the lights go out, there are tons of pictures flashing, right? :hmm:

Hey everyone,
Sorry for all of the questions. I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not, but I am flying into LAX tomorrow night (9:05pm), heading to the Hollywood area and I'm not sure which mode of transportation would be the safest. Originally, my friend was going to drive and pick me up, but now that can't happen, so I'm stuck. Should I take a shuttle? If so, does anyone know of a reputable one? Or is a cab the better way to go? I've never been to L.A so this worries me a little bit. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks guys!!
:)

I've heard that the subways are open late that night. From another board, I found this recommendation:

"Red Line subway to Union Station, then the Gold Line train from there. Exit at the Memorial Park station. If I understand the Rose Bowl website correctly, there will be a $5 shuttle bus (you can purchase tickets in advance) from there to the Parson's office building & parking lot which is about 1/4 mile from the station (walk west along East Holly St.)."

Rose Bowl - U2 - Public Transit? - Los Angeles Forum - TripAdvisor

I also found the official MTA version:

All Metro Rail Lines
Metro Rail Special Service
U2 Concert, Rose Bowl
Sunday, October 25 Only
Take Metro Rail to the U2 Concert this Sunday, October 25 at the Rose Bowl. Train service will be extended for this night only to ensure that all attendees will be able to return home after the concert.
Concert attendees are encouraged to take advantage of Metro Park and Ride locations adjacent to numerous Metro Rail stations. Please see our Metro Rail interactive map at Interactive Map for details.
From your starting location, use Metro Rail to travel to the Gold Line Memorial Park Station in downtown Pasadena. Exit the train and walk 3 blocks west to Parsons Corporation at the corner of Union St. and Pasadena Av. From that location, board Rose Bowl shuttle buses.
Metro Rail general fare is $1.25 for a one-way trip on one line. If using more than one line to travel to Pasadena, purchase a $5 Day Pass. This will allow you unlimited rides and transfers between lines for the evening. All fares can be purchased from ticket vending machines at Metro Rail Stations.
Trains will run throughout and after the concert. Shuttle buses will leave the Rose Bowl to return back to downtown Pasadena until 1:00am. The last trains will leave the Gold Line Memorial Park Station Northbound to Sierra Madre Villa Station at 1:15am and Southbound to Union Station at 1:27am. Connecting service will be available on the Red, Blue and Green Lines as follows:
Red Line:
Westbound – last train will leave Union Station to North Hollywood at 1:57am.
Blue Line:
Southbound – last train will leave 7th St./Metro Center to Long Beach at 2:05am (connecting with the last westbound Red Line train).
Green Line:
Eastbound – last train will leave Imperial/Wilmington to Norwalk at 2:37am (connecting with the last southbound Blue Line train).
Westbound – last train will leave Imperial/Wilmington to Redondo Beach at 2:41am (connecting with the last southbound Blue Line train).
Metro thanks the City of Pasadena, the Rose Bowl Operating Company and Live Nation Global Touring for providing funding to operate the extended late night hours for this event. For more information, please contact Metro Customer Relations at 213-922-6235.

Planned Service Advisories

Super Shuttle might be the way to go laleighU2. I think a taxi from LAX to Hollywood could be pretty pricey, but I don't really know for sure. Sorry I can't help you out (I'm not near LAX). :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom