October 12, 14 - Dallas/Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So seems like nobody would care if you parked your car at a mall at 6am. So I think we'll plan to park there, get in line and then when the mall opens, I'll send hubby over to get his shop on and put the little receipt thingy in the window. Do you think anyone in line would mind that? I mean, the protocol is it's okay to leave for an hour or so to shower / eat / pee right?

i'd take it a step further and park at walmart then move your car when the mall opens

ooh - good idea rose. I'll look into that tonight.

If we're getting there super early in the morning, I assume we'll park somewhere off site, get in line and then move the car to the onsite lot when it opens? yes?

this is what i'm planning on doing. just not sure where to park offsite.

OU SUCKS!

Haha. Just saw both nights in Chicago. AMAZING SHOW! Almost as good as Croker.

I'll be in Houston for this show. I can't wait!!!!!

Ok. So what are the rules for lining up? 9am? 6am? Who has a marker we can use to stamp people's hands. That seemed to work last time around and everyone was happy. Gonna have to get a hotel in Arlington too. I live in North Dallas and dont feel like driving. Any suggestions!?

a.

Ok. So what are the rules for lining up? 9am? 6am? Who has a marker we can use to stamp people's hands. That seemed to work last time around and everyone was happy. Gonna have to get a hotel in Arlington too. I live in North Dallas and dont feel like driving. Any suggestions!?

a.

You live in North Dallas and you are going to stay in a hotel (in Arlington)? Really?

Nobody's contacted the stadium yet as far as how early they'll let us line up. Or if they have, they haven't posted the answer here. I sure as hell don't want to be line nazi, but I don't think that'll happen as I don't plan on getting in line until around 7am-ish.

Apparently some staff from the Cowboys stadium were present at the Chicago show and they were briefed, along with staff from other venues on how to run the show and organize it. So I'm hoping that there will be some consistencies in terms of how the shows will be organized.

^That's good to know. But I heard that the 'self-policing' that went on in the days leading up to the show, the fan assigned numbers were not honored by security. Wonder if that'll change.

Apparently some staff from the Cowboys stadium were present at the Chicago show and they were briefed, along with staff from other venues on how to run the show and organize it. So I'm hoping that there will be some consistencies in terms of how the shows will be organized.

i thought the ropes that soldier field used were a great idea.

they moved them in sections and kept a large distance between the turnstiles and the line

-dan

Got my air tix for 6:00 am to Houston! Gonna head straight to the stadium as soon as we land

Hi we are doing the same but our plane will land arround 11am. How are you planning to go to the stadium, by taxi, metro?

For the locals, is it difficult to get a taxi after the event? we are staying at the Hilton at the IAH so we need some kind of transportation after the concert.

Hi we are doing the same but our plane will land arround 11am. How are you planning to go to the stadium, by taxi, metro?

For the locals, is it difficult to get a taxi after the event? we are staying at the Hilton at the IAH so we need some kind of transportation after the concert.

Right now at this point I think we're gonna do taxi to get there. We were considering walking but I think the stadium is to far from the airport.

What neighborhoods do you think Bono will mention before Meganificent? It'd be cool if he said M Streets or Greenville Ave

I plan on attending one of their tours on the 10th in the Cowboys stadium and take some pics of the claw being constructed. also i will find out, as much as i can, about how the GA is gonna be handled. Its pretty convenient to live about 2 and a half miles away from the stadium. plan on walking to the stadium the show day. parking prices will be pretty ridiculous. expect to pay at least 40. i drove around the stadium today before the cowboys game and some lots charged in excess of 70 dollars.

So, I seriously doubt it, but anyone [know anyone] driving to (Houston) TX from anywhere way northish (like, Minneapolis or farther, or from along interstate 35 or something if I were to be driving my car)? I can't really pay $350 for a flight right now and my peeps invited me down there...

I probably won't end up going, but ugh, I'd love to see Muse live. AND U2 AGAIN.

It's apparently a 19+ hour drive, LAME...I couldn't do it alone without stopping overnight both ways, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom