Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, that one is a dead duck... :(

But, Ive found some other bits and pieces, so I'm working on it...

Back soon....

Its okay, I am starting to get it.....

OMG what I have listened to so far.....

I can't describe how I am feeling its all censorable (is that a word).

F*#k I need to go and turn this up LOUD...

BRB

:shame: :rolleyes: You will never get it back. Your virginity is gone. *poof* disappeared.

The question I ask myself is "who is the fox". I don't know, maybe I'm the one who doesn't want to feel like the fool, but I'll let you read the fable and decide.

The Fox who had Lost his Tail

A FOX, caught in a trap, escaped by tearing off his brushy tail.
After that, the other animals mocked him, making him feel so ashamed that his life was a burden to him. He therefore worked out a plan to make all the other foxes the same as him, so that in their common loss he might better conceal his own deprivation.

He called a meeting of foxes. A good many came to it, and he gave a speech, advising them all to cut off their tails. He said that they would not only look much better without them, but that they would get rid of the weight of the brush, which was a very great inconvenience.

But one of them interrupted his speech.

"If you had not lost your own tail, my friend," that fox said, "you would not be giving us this advice."

starsgoblue said:
Oh, my dear sweet Nurse Chrissi....you always make me giggle. :wink:

FYI...see Nana's GIF in Dear Sweet Lord! :yes:

I've seen it - copied it - made it my own:wink:
then went to find my numb video.....

Och, Stars chill baby.... :wink: :heart: That was gone a long time ago...

The music is fantastic and it won't stop me from spending my future earnings on the everything they bring out (I promise) :love: :D

And other Stars, I have nearly got the whole thing... and I won't tell you that its blowing my mind and that Bono's voice is still sex on a stick or that its got massive written all over it :yes: :lol:

Sorry Tim, just call me Darth from now on :macdevil:

:hug:

:dance:

starsgoblue said:
Stars....why are YOU holding out? Honestly, cute stories about furry critters aside....

Because I want it to be special. And if I listen to it today, the new album will arrive with less excitement than it should. It will be :yawn: New album. Kind of like Vertigo. The new single is out today, but I've had it for weeks :yawn: When it arrives, it arrives.

It would be like opening your presents on December 11th. When Christmas does come and the world is alive because they finally got their presents, you will be left out. There is nothing left to unwrap, no more mystery.

Don't answer this, but have you ever had sex with someone too soon? Did you feel like you maybe got shortchanged because it was more animal than spiritual? Did you kind of regret it? I don't know if this will at all approximate that, but I will say that I won't have any regrets if two weeks of my life were spent without HTDAAB. I wish that I could hear Achtung Baby again with new ears. I remember literally bouncing on my Water Bed as I absorbed the new album. You only get once chance at hearing it for the first time, and I'm aiming to make it as special as I can muster.

There are also principles involved, ie, the band hasn't authorized this :blahblah: but I can't muster much passion for that argument.

But Stars...it was special... I downloaded the whole thing and dimmed the lights in the room, light a Midsummer's Night candle and had some wine. It was beautiful.

Besides, I won't be going :yawn: on the 23rd because I will have a DVD to watch, a book to read, and 4 acoustic songs to hear. I'm more excited now because I have those to look forward to 'enriching' the experience. You really are doing yourself and Bruce Dickenson a disservice by not playing the hell out of your speakers right now. :wink:

Star, you are to be commended on your strength of character and amazing resiliance. :heart:

We all love you for it :sexywink:

I can't believe that 4 people who I have never met can turn me inside out over and over again. So far not one bad song. I won't say too much more because I don't want to wreck it for the others, plus I just can't articulate how I am feeling right now, except to say I could easily throw my arms around the world...

You only get once chance at hearing it for the first time, and I'm aiming to make it as special as I can muster.

Tim - See your point, and I can tell you it will be. I was a bit worried with the what if I don't like it angle (bad u2 fan I know). For me I need a lot of time with a new u2 album - (I'm still playing Miracle Drug on heavy rotation but I starting to edge into SYCMIOYO). The songs - while I found them beautiful from the start - are growing on me even more.

and stars a man and a woman is v.v.v.v. good - adam is amazing in that song

Tania said:
I can't believe that 4 people who I have never met can turn me inside out over and over again. So far not one bad song. I won't say too much more because I don't want to wreck it for the others, plus I just can't articulate how I am feeling right now, except to say I could easily throw my arms around the world...

:hug:

Yes, words failed me for a few hours...perfectly normal reaction! :wink:

You really are doing yourself and Bruce Dickenson a disservice by not playing the hell out of your speakers right now.

you really want to start this again:laugh:
speaking of more cowbell - I saw Blue Oyster Club last week - actually quite fun (and half of the people there were wearing "More Cowbell" shirts)

edited to say - it is u2's most slow dance-able song

Last edited:
Tania said:
Nope, that one is a dead duck... :(

But, Ive found some other bits and pieces, so I'm working on it...

Back soon....

Sorry guys (and gals!).....I took the files down and put my video clips back up (and the original links to these will still work)...partly out of guilt and also because my name is on the page in bold letters!! :lol:

I didn't want to get any emails from my ISP and the album is frankly everywhere now and my copy was only 128kbps.

I have something :cool: to scan and post in a little while when I've unpacked my shopping. Probably in EYKIW.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1847381#post1847381

Alan

ps. My throat's a little better now thank you :)

Last edited:
**Slams the doors open - almost breaking the glass in the door**

:angry:

**Goes up to the DJ and rips off whatever CD is playing and puts on "A Night At The Opera" and plays 'Death On Two Legs'**

:rant:

I'd like to dedicate this to some :censored: :censored: in Germany - take it away Freddie!

:mad:

"...But now you can kiss my ass goodbye
Feel good are you satisfied?
Do you feel like suicide?
(I think you should)
Is your conscience all right?
Does it plague you at night?
Do you feel good feel good?

Insane you should be put inside
You're a sewer rat decaying in a cesspool of pride
Should be made unemployed
Then make yourself null and void..."