Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
** Walks behind the bar, rolls up the sleeves and gets to work **

All of this talk, is making me thirsty.

** Pours a Jack & Coke in honor of Digsy and hangs a Cow Bell by the register. **

The cowbell is for getting the waitstaff's attention. When you need more attention, just give it more cowbell :D

Hey Nurse, do you think BOC likes or hates the cowbell? Can you imagine you're whole career boiled down to "More Cowbell" How depressingly funny :laugh:

** Puts Danish song that Merc sent me on the jukebox **

I like it. It reminds me of something, both vocally and musically. My problem is that my ears want to translate the Danish into an approximation of English, but I don't know a lick of Danish! I'll listen to it some more tonight, but it's losing to Snow Patrol's Run at the moment.

I can't wait until my iPod arrives so that I can quickly store new songs and bring them to work. Right now, I have to burn a disc to do that.

** Run comes on the jukebox and I continue to sweep behind the bar as the song slowly builds **

Hey, where did all the dudes go? Did they get girlfriends and only talk off-line now? If so. Lame! If we don't have more guys here, we'll just be Pleba-lite. :scratch: Don't know why guys wouldn't want to be surrounded by these lovelies. :banghead: At least Enajh still comes by (I have the hardest time remembering how to spell his name. Change it! :wink:) I hope that manwiththespinninhead comes in to help serve drinks. We could use the help sometimes.

** Washes some glasses and peruses the receipts from last night **

:hmm: No where in any of our arguments has anyone considered what the band wants.

Can you imagine that you pick a date for an evening out with dinner and a movie at a restaurant that you've never been to, and a movie that you've heard is wonderful. You've got the reservations, you've got the tickets, you're dressed up and your Keen to surprise your lover with all of this. You pick your lover up and you arrive at the restaurant, and your lover says "I love this place, I've been here every night for the last two weeks! You should try the steak!" The dinner is delicious and you drive to the theatre and as you get close, your lover says "I loved this movie! Oh, I can't wait for you to see it too!" The movie, of course is wonderful, but all of your planning was unnecessary, all of your attempts at surprising your lover were a waste of time. You can't help feeling a little betrayed, because your lover knew that you wanted to see this film and eat at that restaurant, but chose to not wait until you were ready to eat there and see that.

We ripped the album out of U2 hands, to get it into our hungry hands, not really caring what the band wants to do with it's own presents. Would you have downloaded the album if it had hit the internet back in July? Would you have justified it then? The principle that your are violating is the same. And I think the band is at best resigned to it being out there, but I don't think that they are happy.

Look, this is in many ways a minor point, and I wouldn't be getting this up-in-arms about it if people weren't pushing so hard for converts to their side. I'd say it's your choice, but once you start trying to sway people, then be prepared for the counter-arguments and this is one of mine.

:hug: Stars. I just disagree with you, but I'm still tickled by you. :wink: :reject: (hates confrontation)

starsgoblue said:
What happened?

:hug:

:reject:

Some :censored: :censored: in Germany didn't send the "Vertigo" singles to Denmark in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

It's impossible to get any of them until tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

:rant: :banghead: :rant:

It seems that Are you gonna wait forever? is a very suitable title - 'cause apparently I am!!! :grumpy:

Hey Stars:

Love and Peace - having a T Rex moment...:lol: with a bit of the Beatles thrown in for good measure. Waddaya think?

Merc said:

Some :censored: :censored: in Germany didn't send the "Vertigo" singles to Denmark in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's impossible to get any of them until tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that Are you gonna wait forever? is a very suitable title - 'cause apparently I am!!! :grumpy:

I feel your pain :hug: if I don't receive here today at work, I won't get it until Friday :sad: My trip is ill-timed for receiving U2 stuff.

** Squeezes Merc tightly :hug: **

Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is going to be alright...

starsforu2 said:
** Puts Danish song that Merc sent me on the jukebox **

I like it. It reminds me of something, both vocally and musically. My problem is that my ears want to translate the Danish into an approximation of English, but I don't know a lick of Danish! I'll listen to it some more tonight, but it's losing to Snow Patrol's Run at the moment.

Well, since my plans for the evening went down the drain - thanks to some :censored: :censored: in Germany! :banghead: - I'll translate the song for you now...

:D

Hey Tim:

Stars didn't really have to try to hard to persuade me, I was well on the way to the dark side all by myself, so don't be too hard on her.

:wink:

Hey Merc, we got Vertigo CDs but NO DVD's for at least another week....:mad: so I know exactly how you feel (well, sort of ...)

starsforu2 said:

I feel your pain :hug: if I don't receive here today at work, I won't get it until Friday :sad: My trip is ill-timed for receiving U2 stuff.

** Squeezes Merc tightly :hug: **

Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is going to be alright...

Awww... :hug: Hope you get it today! :hug:

Waiting until friday would make me :crazy:!!! I'm glad I know for certain that I get it tomorrow afternoon...

Hey Guys,

time to go, its pissing down rain here and if I snuggle into bed and look out the wall of glass with my headphones on and u know who playing I'll be one happy camper :)

Have a nice evening/day whereever you are.

.:wave:

starsforu2 said:

Song translated and sent... :)

Listning to it over and over actually made me feel better... so no more :rant:ing tonight...

Thanks Tim! :hug:

** Walks into the bar with a swagger and sack of Cds, places cowboy hat on the bar near the Cowbell. **

I'm ready for the laughing gas, I'm ready for the push. Tick Tock, 2 weeks remaining and they can't be a silent two weeks can they?

I went to Best Buy and for $30.42 I picked up *drumroll please*

The Killers - Hot Fuss
Franz Ferdinand
and Snow Patrol

** Hunkers down on the sofa to read the cd booklets with Run on the jukebox :drool: **

Best Buy is selling Snow Patrol for $6.99. :shocked:
The Killers was only $7.99 :shocked:

These should easily hold my hand through the next two weeks. :dance:

Merc, thanks for the translation! I'm going to listen to it at home and give you my final verdict :wink: :hug:

**Wanders into the bar**

**Goes up to the bar desk and notice the cowboy hat**

Ohhh, that's where I left it... Couldn't find it anywhere! :wink:

So...

**Looks around the bar**

... is it possible to get a drink in this place...? :flirt:

:sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
Merc, thanks for the translation! I'm going to listen to it at home and give you my final verdict :wink: :hug:

:D:up: ... as long as your final verdict isn't something along the lines of "Your language sounds like your talking with a hot potato in your mouth!" :laugh:

starsforu2 said:
** Puts down cd book for Hot Fuss and bounds over to the bar **

What can I get you a sexy creature like you? :flirt:

Well... :flirt: .... :hmm:... what about... a glas of champagne...? :flirt:

I feel like celebrating that the small things in life is starting to go my way again... except that little Vertigo-incidence earlier, but... let's just forget about that now... :sexywink:

Merc said:

Well... :flirt: .... :hmm:... what about... a glas of champagne...? :flirt:

I feel like celebrating that the small things in life is starting to go my way again... except that little Vertigo-incidence earlier, but... let's just forget about that now... :sexywink:

** Pulls flute from cabinet, twirls it like Larry's drumstick before returning it to the bar safe and sound. **

Why don't I join you for a little celebration of the little things. :wink:

** Grabs a second flute with less fanfare. Begins working on opening a fresh bottle of champagne... **

Want to fill me in on one thing that is going your way so I know what I'm celebrating?

** Fills two flutes and hands one to Merc **

Cheers! :)

starsforu2 said:

** Pulls flute from cabinet, twirls it like Larry's drumstick before returning it to the bar safe and sound. **

Why don't I join you for a little celebration of the little things. :wink:

** Grabs a second flute with less fanfare. Begins working on opening a fresh bottle of champagne... **

Want to fill me in on one thing that is going your way so I know what I'm celebrating?

** Fills two flutes and hands one to Merc **

Cheers! :)

**Watches Tims every move as he is serving champagne**

Mmmm... :flirt:... Sorry...?!

Oh, cheers! :sexywink:

What we're celebrating...? The fact that I just got a place to live when I have to move for a while... :yes: That I'm very soon is going to see some family that I haven't seen in a long time... :yes: ... and that U2 is the most wonderful band in the world... That's some of the things we're celebrating... :D

Merc said:

**Watches Tims every move as he is serving champagne**

Mmmm... :flirt:... Sorry...?!

Oh, cheers! :sexywink:

What we're celebrating...? The fact that I just got a place to live when I have to move for a while... :yes: That I'm very soon is going to see some family that I haven't seen in a long time... :yes: ... and that U2 is the most wonderful band in the world... That's some of the things we're celebrating... :D

:applaud: So you're moving to Norway? What's the story behind this? How long, what for, when are you leaving? Tell us :yes:

** Freshens up Champagne with a :sexywink: **

starsforu2 said:
:applause: So you're moving to Norway? What's the story behind this? How long, what for, when are you leaving? Tell us :yes:

** Freshens up Champagne with a :sexywink: **

Yeah, I am really moving up there, to Norway... It really is kinda like a dream comming true :cute: - I always wanted to live there, since I was there for the first time... :yes:

It's because of my pharmacy internship - the university offers a few internships at pharmacies in Norway (and of course the rest in Denmark), but the Norwegian students usually gets them first...and has the right to get them first...

I was just lucky that there were more internships than Norwegian students... :wink:

So, I'm moving to Stavanger from February 1st and I'll be there until July 31st... I'll be doing my internship on the hospital pharmacy... and just enjoying life... spending some more time on my other (apart from U2! :lol: ) great obsession...!

**Takes a drink of her champagne**

Last edited:
Merc said:

Yeah, I am really moving up there, to Norway... It really is kinda like a dream comming true :cute: - I always wanted to live there, since I was there for the first time... :yes:

It's because of my pharmacy internship - the university offers a few internships at pharmacies in Norway (and of course the rest in Denmark), but the Norwegian students usually gets them first...and has the right to get them first...

I was just lucky that there were more internships than Norwegian students... :wink:

So, I'm moving to Stavanger from February 1st and I'll be there until July 31st... I'll be doing my internship on the hospital pharmacy... and just enjoying life... spending some more time on my other (apart from U2! :lol: ) great obsession...!

**Takes a drink of her champagne**

Great! Because of where you live, I'm learning more about World Geography then I would have on my own. It would be very exciting to see all that territory over there. It's taking me quite a while to see America and I've already been to 32 out of the 50 states! It feels like most of those have been covered this past year! :wink:
Congratulations on your Norway internship, will this prohibit you from seeing the band back home or in other parts of Europe?
I gather that you will get a good bit of skiiing in now. You can't forget us now when you go either :flirt:

starsforu2 said:
Great! Because of where you live, I'm learning more about World Geography then I would have on my own. It would be very exciting to see all that territory over there. It's taking me quite a while to see America and I've already been to 32 out of the 50 states! It feels like most of those have been covered this past year! :wink:

I think that goes both ways... I'm learning something 'bout America and Americans as well...! :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
Congratulations on your Norway internship, will this prohibit you from seeing the band back home or in other parts of Europe?
I gather that you will get a good bit of skiiing in now. You can't forget us now when you go either :flirt:

I think it actually can give me the chance of seeing them two places... in Norway and Denmark :hyper: - all depending on the dates, ticket prices and my cash situation...

I haven't planned on going to other parts of Europe to see them - that I simply cannot afford! :shrug:

Yeah, the other great obsession... telemark-skiing! :yes:

:dance: :hyper:

I'll never forget The Octagon... :hug: ... So much I can promise you...! :flirt:

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:
Hey Merc,
I don't think I'm getting my Vertigo singles today :sad: But, I did get my Vertigo 45, complete with Jukebox Tag! That's a cool bit of U2 memorabilia, let me tell you! :dance: I'll scan it and show it you guys later on tonight, if I remember.

Awww... :sad:

**Takes Tims hand and leads him to the couch**

You sit there... Here! **Hands Tim a blanket**

and I'll go light the fire...

**Goes over and starts the fire**

**Returns to the couch**

:hug:

Merc said:

I think it actually can give me the chance of seeing them two places... in Norway and Denmark :hyper: - all depending on the dates, ticket prices and my cash situation...

Hmm seems like the boys are having doubts about coming to Sweden...if this would happen against all odds i'll be at the gigs in both Norway and Denmark for sure.....

Lemonboy said:
*walks into the octagon* Hey bartender! Could you please get me a Guinness and a shot of Jägermeister??

**Looks up from the couch**

Lemonb.... :huh:

**Sees the :evil: and :macdevil: look in LB's eyes**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom