Oct. 29, American Airlines Center in Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so, this will be the first time that any of us have "camped out" in a line....what are the essentials?

will people give us hell if one of us has to leave to go check-in to our hotel?

Well, a small cooler with waters or especially Dr Pepper's is recommended. The Dr Pepper's mostly because if I run out I like to bum them off other people.

180px-Dr_pepper_can.jpg
:drool:

Anyway where was I.

Lawn chairs or a blanket to sit on are good to have, too. An iPod never hurts, but if you're hanging out with the rest of us, I'm probably going to bring my iPod and little speakers set so we'll be set for music for the day.

I don't know what else really, it's mostly just common sense stuff. No need for creature comforts when you're GAing it.

Oh and about the hotel, I think just letting the people around you know won't make much of a difference. Just keep in mind you cannot be gone for TOO long. I would think most people would be understanding of the fact that you need to get something like that done.

Last edited:
Anyone know how AA is going to divy up the lines? Will there be 2 from the get-go?

We don't have FAN tix ( i know, what a sin) so...same line in the a.m right?

I don't think they've said anything about it yet. Wait until tomorrow, ABEL is supposed to be learning a little more about how this is gonna go down.

Yeah, I don't know how it's been back there, but in San Marcos is hasn't been too bad in the mornings.

I'm going to the Mavs game tonight, I might scope out the arena a bit and see what I think about how things will work out out there. Hell, maybe there's even someone I can speak to about their procedures.

We'll have a much larger contingent than I thought we would.

This Warrior will be there.. nose bleeding all the way up in section 328. Had to ebay my tix but couldnt break my string of seeing them since 1985. Thought about wearing my aquablue, armpit stained shirt from the UNF tour but not sure I want to take the abuse. What do you think?

Hello, Hello!!

2 more days!!! The U2Texas group is trying to light up the GA area with glowsticks so if you have time, stop by your local Walmart and pick up some sticks and/or bracelets :)

(Copy the group below and add your name to the list)

Recap:
---------
U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
LaceyM. - Section 104 (w/hubby)
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
jelloe - Section 123, Row P
kimby - nosebleeds

GAs
------
inmyplace (wearing white Mavs shirt)
TCUfrog (wearing S.F. Giants hat)
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)
nightsong

(Copy the group below and add your name to the list)

Recap:
---------
U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
kimby - nosebleeds

GAs
------
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Spanisheyes74 ( rhinestone tank "U2" + with 5 friends)

ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)
nightsong

awesome idea about the glowstix...okay, i'm a dork..what section does Walmart carry them in? :nerd:

Allegra said:

For the most part she should be OK. U2 fans are the best! I've never seen such a civilized bunch of folks in my life until I noticed the floor during the Elevation tour. U2 fans are mostly very orderly and calm. Now it can get a little bit pushy as Bono gets close to the edge of the stage and starts trying to touch hands, but that only lasts for a few seconds. Now if I were you, I'd tell all the people that are standing around her that she is 3 months pregnant and does not want to get crushed. Also let the bouncer know too, so that just in case if things get out of hand the bouncer will help her first. Now if you stand in the middle of the floor or further away from the stage then she shouldn't have a problem at all.

Thanks for the response Allegra...she's a wee one..standing on 5 feet tall so we're already worried about her just for that reason alone! I hope we get close enough where we can get "protection" if needed.

Spanisheyes74 said:
cool, you're in SM . I'm in Kyle..small world ..we're almost neighbors...:wave:

Not too far at all. I'll be passing through there today on my way back to Maaaansfield for the weekend.

No Friday classes :drool:

And besides no Friday classes, the math test I was dreading just got cancelled right when we got our answer sheets due to a fire alarm

Life is sweeeeet

yay, just confirmed w/ the hotel that they will hold our reservation until 7am the next morning (Sunday) as long as we have a CC...that means we won't have to leave the line to check-in and we can just arrive after the concert...:up:

need to start charging up my camera batteries...i'm going to fill up my 2gig card:wink:

Ah yes, the camera. May I ask that all of you take as many pictures as possible if indeed I get to play Party Girl with them?

anyone know if you pay for parking, but need to leave for about two hours if they will let you back in? we'll need to leave for about 1.5-2 hours in the middle of the day. does anyone have experience with this?

U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
kimby - nosebleeds

GAs
------
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)
nightsong

and me!! - artdirector

So everyones meeting at 7 am the following morning?

U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
kimby - nosebleeds

GAs
------
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Jara's Song (2 of us from OKC, Hey u2okc!)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)
nightsong

For TCUFrog, yes there will be some meters but they are a little closer to the West End. You might find a lot close by that is cheaper than AAC's lots. Also beware the metertenders, they are merciless if your meter expires!! :madspit:

is anyone other than me getting the jitters about all this? :hyper: I added a new pic to the LS thread...if you see us :wave:

Last edited:
Does Bono have the Flu? Tell me it is a rumor. I have tickets to Dallas Sat. night!

Who's going to the after party at Trinity Hall Irish Pub? Electrcal Storm will be playing. Yes, I will be the one in a OU Sooners hat!

Hey Jara's Song! Give it up to the Okies coming to the big D!!

Back
Top Bottom