Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I now have plane reservations. In and out, one night. Can anyone suggest hotel and transportation options?

Yeah, same here ... I wasn't planning on going to Phoenix, but I just won a Red Zone auction spot, :wave: so now I've gotta plan. (And want to keep the expenses to a MINIMUM).

Yeah, same here ... I wasn't planning on going to Phoenix, but I just won a Red Zone auction spot, :wave: so now I've gotta plan. (And want to keep the expenses to a MINIMUM).

Same here, I wasn't planning on Phoenix, but just got a RZ ticket. Saw that the auction was still at $115, got out a map to check how far Phoenix was from Vegas & LA, & said, what the heck! Should be a great way to start my mini tour :drool:

Same here, I wasn't planning on Phoenix, but just got a RZ ticket. Saw that the auction was still at $115, got out a map to check how far Phoenix was from Vegas & LA, & said, what the heck! Should be a great way to start my mini tour :drool:

dang, sounds like a bunch of us are "Phoenix, on a Red Zone whim"

party time before the show?????

and we'll have advance knowledge for Vegas and LA.

Are you coming over from Australia for your "mini tour"?? :up:

good leads - thanks zuropa!

the question now is local transportation from the airport. I wonder if there's a hotel option that has an airport shuttle that also wouldn't mind shuttling you to the stadium.

I hate getting a car just to get to/from the hotel/airport. found the lowest one day rentals at around $40, but that comes to around $60 out the door with all the fees. 20 mile taxi rides will probably be $25+, so those are basically the same cost.

dang, sounds like a bunch of us are "Phoenix, on a Red Zone whim"

party time before the show?????

and we'll have advance knowledge for Vegas and LA.

Exactly, I've never done GA in the US (actually I've never seen U2 in the US - had tickets for Vertigo there, but had to miss it :angry: ). So I'm sure Phoenix will definitely help out for the Vegas & LA planning. Plus it will be very nice not to have to wait in the blazing sun all day.

Party time before the show sounds great to me!

Are you coming over from Australia for your "mini tour"?? :up:

Yep, I certainly am :wink:

I'm hoping to be staying for work though. I usually work in the US for 5 months a year, in the ski fields. Last year that was all canned, as my work visa wasn't approved (due to the financial crisis). :angry:

Normally I start work on Nov. 1, which would work out perfectly with the timing of the concerts. Finger's crossed!

Thanks zuropa. These rooms sure are pricier than vegas. I noticed pasadena hotels were over $100/night too. May be above my budget (well I'd rather not spend that much anyway). May end up in my tent again :angry:

If anyone wants to share a room to reduce costs, just let me know, or maybe a rental car. Not sure if I'd just want a rental for a trip from the airport, but I might do the drive to Vegas. So if anyone's up for a Phoenix-Vegas-LA road trip (or part there of), just let me know.

So much planning,... but so much time.

PHX airport ride..

CAREFUL screening.. I might have an extra couple of seats in my truck the day of the show... so if anyone needs a ride right from the airport to the Glendale arena, PM me, and see if we can make it work.
I'm Redzone for PHX.
Oh, it's a reliable ride.. kinda big, club cab situation.

Last edited:
hello everyone. yes i'm new to the board. i actually joined back in 05 (but have long forgotten my username and pw), and was able to see U2 in chicago on the night before bono's birthday (may 4th maybe). they were filming the DVD that night. I lived in Missouri at the time. anyway, I live in Phoenix now as the name suggests.

I strongly suggest staying in a hotel near Bell Road. Bell Road has tons of shopping, restaurants, bars, pubs, and pretty much everything else you need. Traffic is difficult at times, but not too bad. The hotels are located right off the Loop 101 and University of Phoenix stadium is about 6-7 miles south of this area (10-15 min drive time). There are a handful of restaurants and bars down at the Westgate area (right across the street from the stadium), so that is a good option as well. There is a Renaissance Inn right across the street from the stadium but it is pricey.

Oh, for those planning on not getting a rental car: the stadium is a good 30 min drive from the airport and I dont believe any shuttles travel all the way over to the stadium. you can always take a "super shuttle" for about 20 bucks each way though. they'll take to and from your hotel.

any questions about sights to see, restaurants, bars, etc here in the PHX, just let me know.

Howdy...Is anyone planning on camping out this time around? I did for Glendale in '05, but I'm not sure what will be happening this time around.....Justin

i'll be there the night before

srsly? :huh: I don't think I can convince even my bestest bestie to camp out overnight with me. It was a struggle to convince her of a 6am line up time.

Non-believing friends

Sadly, most of my friends don't understand the magnitude of the situation and believe that I'm mad for even thinking about camping out...I'll be there nevertheless, rain or shine. Wonder what the weather will be like....The last several years daytime temperatures in Glendale have been high 80's to mid 90's...Yuck

Sadly, most of my friends don't understand the magnitude of the situation and believe that I'm mad for even thinking about camping out...I'll be there nevertheless, rain or shine. Wonder what the weather will be like....The last several years daytime temperatures in Glendale have been high 80's to mid 90's...Yuck

Yeah, daytime temps don't get reasonable until Halloween (and last year not even then :madspit: ) I anticipate HOT, with a slight chance of ridiculously hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom