Not impressed by the set-list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what do I do only see one show or take up Golf? Theres alot of great music from Boy, October, War and so on that may never be played again. And in all honesty thats a shame.

Well, if it bothers you that much that their setlists tend to be standard from tour to tour, bothers you to the point where seeing them more than once is a disappointment instead of enjoying the experience anyway, then yes. You only see one show.

Sure, it's disappointing to a lot of people that they don't play more varied setlists. But guess what? It should come to no surprise to anyone (unless they're brand new U2 fans) that this is what they tend to do. So at least you can plan for the next tour with some educated assumptions.

Theres alot of great music from Boy, October, War and so on that may never be played again. And in all honesty thats a shame.

Yes, that's a terrible shame, oh well, life goes on...

I think that's what I hate the most about these stupid arguments, I don't disagree with you but what can you do about it?

Complaining on an Internet forum about something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things is just so pointless.

And you know that not only will we have this conversation when the next tour comes around, but also likely several times in between.

And by "we," I mean those of us who apparently are insane enough to keep getting into the arguments every time.

And you know that not only will we have this conversation when the next tour comes around, but also likely several times in between.

And by "we," I mean those of us who apparently are insane enough to keep getting into the arguments every time.

You want to play golf sometime? :wave:

:yes:

we always have these same discussions, over and over and over again... and guess what? U2 hasn't changed their setlists all that much, big surprise...

Perhaps we should change since they are clearly not interested in doing so...

Well, it's not like I actually think they're going to change.

For me, this is just something to do to kill time when I'm bored. Like I said, in the end, the one show I go to will be great, and I'm very excited for it, and that's it.

Yes, that's a terrible shame, oh well, life goes on...

I think that's what I hate the most about these stupid arguments, I don't disagree with you but what can you do about it?

Complaining on an Internet forum about something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things is just so pointless.

Your right there are many many more important things in life than U2's setlist. And I hope everyone on this board is healthy and happy. But maybe where you get pissed at these threads others such as myself see it as a way to vent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I have been a U2 fan since borrowing my friends Under A Blood Red Sky cassette. Seeing them for the Joshua Tree at the Spectrum in 1987 was awesome. Watching Zoo TV in New Jersey in the pouring rain Blew me away. But something happened several years ago to me in which I went to a Springsteen concert and have been to over 20 since. I have never seen a setlist or show that was the same. Every show was 3 hours or more and I have never seen anyone live bring it the way he does.

That being said I guess where I'm going wrong is that I would love to see being this of U2. The setlist they are playing now with exception of Breathe being the opener is good but change it up a little from night to night. Hey true U2 fans say at your show all of a sudden you hear: A Day Without Me,Shadows and Tall Trees, October, Stranger in a Strange Land, Surrender, A Sort of Homecoming, Love Comes Tumbling Down, Red Hill Mining Town, Heartland, If God Will Send His Angels, Last Night on Earth, Love Is Blindness. I guess I could go on forever these are great F$%king songs and most likely we'll never hear them live again.

PLus Bad and I will Follow sgould be played a hell of alot more as well. I hope this made a little sense of where I'm trying to come from.

Oh, you make perfect sense. We're just a bunch of jaded internet hounds who've seen/had this argument many, many times before.

Yes, it would be great. But by this point in their career, U2 has made it pretty clear that they're not going to be a band that pulls out a lot of rarities. For better or worse, their concerts are structured towards the majority of the fans in attendance - the fans who are only seeing them once per tour and who don't spend hours of their weeks poring over setlists on the internet. :)

And I'm actually happy to see I Will Follow has been at least temporarily shelved. I've seen/heard it more than enough. But if they play it at one of the concerts I'm attending, I'll jump up and down and sing along, because hey - it's my favorite band playing a great song - what's not to love?

Oh, you make perfect sense. We're just a bunch of jaded internet hounds who've seen/had this argument many, many times before.

Yes, it would be great. But by this point in their career, U2 has made it pretty clear that they're not going to be a band that pulls out a lot of rarities. For better or worse, their concerts are structured towards the majority of the fans in attendance - the fans who are only seeing them once per tour and who don't spend hours of their weeks poring over setlists on the internet. :)

And I'm actually happy to see I Will Follow has been at least temporarily shelved. I've seen/heard it more than enough. But if they play it at one of the concerts I'm attending, I'll jump up and down and sing along, because hey - it's my favorite band playing a great song - what's not to love?

Wow someone has finally said that I made sense:applaud:. I hope your not kidding cause sometimes I dont even think I make sense. Plus I hope your still in for bowling! :wave:

Oh no, my use of the "sexywink" smiley has led to horrible assumptions! :scream:

Thank you for the offer, but I'll have to politely decline. ;)

Wow someone has finally said that I made sense:applaud:. I hope your not kidding cause sometimes I dont even think I make sense. Plus I hope your still in for bowling! :wave:

Totally not kidding. U2 concerts: they is what they is!

I've got my bowling shoes ready, dude. Meet me at the ball-cleaning station!

I just want to clarify (and I think I did before), that I'm not bitching myself about the static nature of U2's setlists. I agree we are diehards here and we pay more attention to "x" song being played every night versus the standard concert goer.

Here is my problem with the current setlist. The opener Breathe just is not a good opener. From the reviews I have read and the footage I have seen of those that have attended shows it does not go down well with "most" of the audience as an opener. Diehard or casual concert goer an opening song should hit you immediately and get you into the show. I don't think Breathe accomplishes that at all and is not accomplishing that for the most part. The only excitement seems to be the band appearing and then the crowd kind of seem to go into a lull about mid way through the song. Thats not good for an opening song IMO. :shrug: U2 need to experiment with something different to open. They did last tour, not sure why they don't this time out.

If there are ANY diehards in the audience, especially if, say, 20% of them are, they deserve to be thrown a bone at some point during the show. Rotate 5-6 of the songs, have half be well-known and the other half obscurities. Experiment with the opener. Don't even SUGGEST that your fans should CONSIDER wearing masks of any kind. This is basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom