NHL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In fairness they had to get past actually better teams, so it was also just a matter of teams getting hot and cold at the right time.

But yes, Tampa’s biggest challengers came in the first two rounds.

Yeah the NHL playoffs can sometimes be dominated by one hot player (goalie), and it looked like Price was on his way to that for a spell.
Plus a couple of their opponents definitely underperformed compared to their regular season records.
But the whole just playing within your division regular season allowed them to get in the playoffs in the first place.
If they had to play their normal schedule last season they wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs.

RIP Mike Bossy. The greatest Islander of All Time. I didn't wear too many jerseys when I was a kid, but I wore his whenever I played hockey.

mike bossy had a similar kind of impact on the NHL as steph curry on the NBA. he invented and perfected countless new ways to score and he led an all-time dynasty. the gretzky/lemieux generation owes an uncountable debt to mike bossy. RIP.

Last edited:
mike bossy had a similar kind of impact on the NHL as steph curry on the NBA. he invented and perfected countless new ways to score and he led an all-time dynasty. the gretzky/lemieux generation owes an uncountable debt to mike bossy. RIP.

Exactly! The Islanders Dynasty in the 80's was remarkable and they almost won 5 in a row, but sometimes that dynasty is not given the props it deserves. Even The Great One's Oilers never won 4 Cups in a row.

The Islanders had other superstars from that era, but on Long Island, 22 was the number most fans wore.

He'll bet all of them:

slap-shot-nhl-san-jose-sharks-washington-capitals.jpg

Hey headache, you going to any of these cats caps games?
Passed on tickets yesterday because kids had too many sportsball games during the day... which proceeded to all be rained out. Go figure.

Out of town next week otherwise I'd probably go to a game or two. If they advance further on I'm sure I'll get to a game.

You going?

Last edited:
That was my first playoff game. Brutal choice. You guys know obviously I love all my sports except for the one sport we don’t talk about anymore, but hockey is and always has been my #1. It’s hella hard knowing we haven’t won a playoff series in rounding 30 years.

I might go on Monday, if I build up a strong stomach.

I turn 30 in June. I was about 9 or 10 when I started watching every hockey game I could. I waited about 10 years to see a playoff berth. I’ve waited my entire conscious life to see them win a round. Here we are at last.

I attended the only road loss [emoji23] I would’ve gone but the only game I was able to convince anyone to come along to was Game 3.

don't hesitate to go on your own if you can't find anyone to go with. i went to a raptors playoff game by myself a few years ago and it was loads of fun. being able to do my own thing without having to worry about my buddies or whoever else was great, and not having anyone really to chat with (though i did make a bit of small talk with the family sitting next to me) meant i was a lot more focused on the game itself than usual. highly recommended for the next time you have a chance :up:

Last time I went to a Panthers game alone in Washington was 15 years ago and Nathan Horton was so upset at being a loser that he flipped me (a 15 year old) off.

Fuck that guy.

Back
Top Bottom