NHL Play-Offs - ALL First Round Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AvsGirl41 said:
:dance: 3-1!!

Sakic, Hinote, where were you during the regular season? Oh well. You are here now. :hug:

Yeah - it was nice to see the Wild score a goal (and especially Gaborik - whose father I met tonight). Looks like we'll have to look to the future for more Wild success. Good luck to the Avs in the next round (despite the fact I think the Wild will still take the next game, leaving the Avs to win the series in game six in St. Paul).

As for Hinote stepping up.....he is a Minnesota boy....he has to step up at home!!!!! GO HINOTE! You should have seen all the Hinote jerseys at the arena (friends and family).

zonelistener said:

Yeah - it was nice to see the Wild score a goal (and especially Gaborik - whose father I met tonight). Looks like we'll have to look to the future for more Wild success. Good luck to the Avs in the next round (despite the fact I think the Wild will still take the next game, leaving the Avs to win the series in game six in St. Paul).

As for Hinote stepping up.....he is a Minnesota boy....he has to step up at home!!!!! GO HINOTE! You should have seen all the Hinote jerseys at the arena (friends and family).

I'm glad you weren't one of the ones booing. :sexywink: But I imagine Hinote has alot of high school hockey enemies. He said he shelled out $1,000 or so for tickets. He's a really nice guy, quite the charmer. :sexywink:

My prediction was Avs win in 5 and I still think they can do it, but I can also see the Wild coming back and pushing it to 7. The Avs seem to like punishing themselves by always going to a game 7.

But Granato is arranging the lines and ice time much better than Bob "panic during the playoffs" Hartley ever did, so it's possible that the Game 7 trend could be snapped.

Quano Abidji-Achibi said:
vancouver = :down:
Don't break anything on the way down :wink:

I think I'm the only one on the planet who still believes in them. The Canucks haven't lost 3 games in a row all season long. Why should they start now? If they go back to St. Louis for game 6, and play as well as they did for 95% of last night's game (outshooting, outchancing, and outplaying them in every department), they should be able to take it back to Vancouver for game 7. And you KNOW the Blues would not want to go back to Vancouver for game 7.

But AvsGirl - they almost came back!! That was so close. That one shot from the point missed by 2 inches or so. I love watching Colorado; they're so entertaining. If they play the Canucks in the next round, that would be an amazing series.

Michael Griffiths said:
But AvsGirl - they almost came back!! That was so close. That one shot from the point missed by 2 inches or so. I love watching Colorado; they're so entertaining. If they play the Canucks in the next round, that would be an amazing series.

I know! I was on here for the end of the third, so I missed Blake's goal. If only they could have done that in the second! So close...

They lost both games at home...so they should do much better in St. Paul.

I would like to see a Canucks-Avs series too! It's always entertaining when they play each other, they don't like each other very well. :wink: I always like to watch Naslund and Forsberg battle.

Avs Girl:

I felt sorry for the Avs players at the end of the second when the fans started booing. I mean, they're up 3-1 in the series, and their fans are booing them? If I were the Avs, I would have felt a little encouragement would have been nice!

Apparently Forsberg and Naslund played hockey together in Sweden, and are friends. It was nice to see them play together at the all-star game. And, yes, it would be an intensely fought series if they played each other. Things could get quite heated between you and me, Avs-Girl. :wink:

Michael Griffiths said:
Avs Girl:

I felt sorry for the Avs players at the end of the second when the fans started booing. I mean, they're up 3-1 in the series, and their fans are booing them? If I were the Avs, I would have felt a little encouragement would have been nice!

Apparently Forsberg and Naslund played hockey together in Sweden, and are friends. It was nice to see them play together at the all-star game. And, yes, it would be an intensely fought series if they played each other. Things could get quite heated between you and me, Avs-Girl. :wink:

I know, it's so embarressing and so typical of the fans. The ones who consider themselves really brilliant hockey fans spend most of their time ripping on the team. :rolleyes: The announcers said "Wow, can you believe people started leaving when it was 31?" and I just laughed. They leave early even if they're winning...they like to beat the traffic...why even bother going?

Yeah, Forsberg and Naslund are even from the same town. It must be something in the water there--turns them into high scorers!

LOL! Things *could* get quite heated! I don't think I could compete with you, you are a tough person to argue with. :sexywink: It would be a great series, more fun than the Blues. (Sorry, Chizip!)

Last edited:
Oh, Avs-Girl, I could never get heated with you. :sexywink: You and I are too much alike. We both have Western teams that play with speed and open ice. I think we really would understand each other - we're on the same level! And from what I've seen, Avs-Girl, you are pretty good at arguing as well. It would be me who would have a tough time!

And yes, a series between the Avs and the Canucks would be much better than with the Blues, as the Blues are tight little checkers. Every single one of them! Not that I'm a frustrated fan or anything...

I'm glad the Wild will bring it home for another game. It's good to see such a new team have a respectble performance their first appearence in the play-offs. They have a loyal fan base and it's great to have one more game at home. :up: I think they have done better than most people expected. No cake walk for the Avs.

Michael Griffiths said:
Oh, Avs-Girl, I could never get heated with you. :sexywink: You and I are too much alike. We both have Western teams that play with speed and open ice. I think we really would understand each other - we're on the same level! And from what I've seen, Avs-Girl, you are pretty good at arguing as well. It would be me who would have a tough time!

And yes, a series between the Avs and the Canucks would be much better than with the Blues, as the Blues are tight little checkers. Every single one of them! Not that I'm a frustrated fan or anything...

Awwww. :sexywink: I don't know, an Avs-Canucks series could be so friendly no one would come to the board anymore, LOL!

You have more hockey knowledge than I do--I'm still catching up, being from the pretend hockey city. :p And I'm outnumbered! There's more Canucks' fans here than Avs.

LOL - a Canucks/Avs series would turn out to be a love fest! Pretty soon we'd be cheering for each other. As for your hockey knowledge, AvsGirl, I don't agree - you seem to know a lot about the history of the game that many of us don't. I had no idea about Plante and his self-knitted touques! And I'm sure Denver is a pretty good hockey city by now?

And thank-you MVD :)

Last edited:
what a bunch of pansies, this is hockey, not some lovey dovey grab ass game

sheesh

^ This coming from a guy who played Center on his football team... who actually did have some lovey dovey grab ass action

:wink:

I am... the only thing I did in football is ride the bench. Second string Safety my ass!

Yeah, I was just following Chizip's lead when he was talking the same thing about the Blues when the series was 3-1 St. Louis.

Actually, to be honest, I never said Vancouver was going to win game 7. I was just thinking of the possibilities. *IF* Vancouver and Colorado both win, it would be a great series between the two is all I was getting at.

Chizip said:
way to go, i just really want the oilers to win now so the blues dont have to face colorado next series, if they do it will be a really good series though. im afraid the blues would lose, so go edmonton!

And from the Oiler thread...

alright, the oilers need to beat dallas now, or else the blues will have to play the avalanche in the second round, and id much rather play the ducks than the avalanche

so now i am a big oilers fan

Here are two examples where Chizip presupposes a Blues victory. "So freakin arrogant" is right! Not only is he arrogant, but he doesn't even have the faith in his team to beat Colorado! How fickle! Wow, that takes the cake. :wink:

Last edited:
its a little thing called hoping for future match ups, everyone does that. thats a reason why people watch other hockey games, to see who they may face in the future.

so freakin arrogant

Back
Top Bottom