NFL 2014/2015 - Super Bowl Postmortem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to say I'm glad to be here, but I'm probably more distraught than I've ever been as a sports fan. The Sixers are literally the best thing in pro sports in Philly, not even in a joking way any longer. I might just go walk around in the rain for a while.

I 100% believe that they think Bradford is the key to moving up for Mariota. Someone told them Bradford was what this teams wanted and Kelly and company believe it.

I just have lost total faith in their ability to negotiate and cannot see a scenario where this ends well.

I 100% believe that they think Bradford is the key to moving up for Mariota. Someone told them Bradford was what this teams wanted and Kelly and company believe it.

I just have lost total faith in their ability to negotiate and cannot see a scenario where this ends well.

I can see something where they trade him to the Titans, but they're still gonna give up at least two firsts and two seconds.

If I'm Tennessee, I take that. If Bradford is healthy, he's really good, and Mettenberger isn't awful. Meanwhile they build up the team real fast. And if Neither QB works out this year, it's not like people thought this was THE SEASON. They were always going to be rebuilding, but they can rebuild a lot faster this way.

Oh I know who EDP is, what an ambassador for Eagles fans! I'm so mad that I have to side with the anti-Chip crowd now. This fucking blows.

Yes, he and Woody are reunited and (I suppose) it feels so good. Good thing Revis got that SB ring while he could because he sure as Hell ain't getting it with the Jets.

It's amazing how bad ownership can just decimate a franchise.

With all the holes the Jets have, Woody steps in and throws that kind of guaranteed money at a cornerback with a history of injuries

The Philly media have been bitching about his lack of public appearances all offseason, especially after the front office power struggle. So there was a lot going on with that and him smacking them around a bit, which was cathartic. He talked up Bradford, which of course he did. He blasted Buffalo for releasing the terms of the Alonso-McCoy deal before he had a chance to talk to Shady, and commended St. Louis for letting him talk to Foles first. He said he wants to "dispel" the notion that they're "mortgaging the future for any player," including Mariota. And he said he's already been offered a first round pick for Bradford.

It's all posturing, but it was well done posturing. I really think he's calling the bluff of teams at the top and making them prove they really have interest in Mariota. Bradford is his hedge bet.

And he said he's already been offered a first round pick for Bradford.

:lol: OK.

Let's assume that isn't just posturing. Considering the Rams were the team raking in picks from the trade, I wonder if they could have gotten a 1st and something else for Foles. Or perhaps the team in question believes third (fourth? fifth?) time's the charm with Bradford.

Last edited:
There's also a possibility that it isn't a 2015 first round. Could be years from now with a conditional aspect.

But yeah, very likely just Chip trying to make this trade seem worthwhile.

Last edited:
There's also a possibility that it isn't a 2015 first round. Could be years from now with a conditional aspect.

But yeah, very likely just Chip trying to make this trade seem worthwhile.
My guess is he got an offer for a future first in which the Eagles would also have to give up a second or something.

It's amazing how bad ownership can just decimate a franchise.

With all the holes the Jets have, Woody steps in and throws that kind of guaranteed money at a cornerback with a history of injuries

Woody/Jets organization seems like they are more concerned with PR than actually making their team better. Most Jet fans are happy with this move, but their offense is for shit.

Back
Top Bottom