NFL 2012: AFC/NFC Championships and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't please me to say it, but I like the two running back selections the Packers have made. I think they both could be pretty good.

I'm not going to pretend like I knew a lot about either of them before the draft, but I'm liking what I've read so far.

In other news, Bill Belichick has petitioned the NFL to allow for the New England franchise to change its name to the New England Scarlet Knights.

Yeah I have no idea if the Redskins actually had a good draft or not. As long as needs are addressed, I'm happy for now.

Obviously every draft needs several years to truly judge. But the Steelers seem to have done a good job. Jarvis Jones is a great fit. I like Shemarko Thomas as well.

I'm happy with their choices, but yeah, can't sit here and pretend to know how it will pan out. Steeler fans can usually assume if we draft a LB he's good, and if we cut one he's finished or close.

I do think there's a difference between saying a draft is good and saying draft picks will be good. If a player doesn't pan out, that doesn't necessarily mean the selection was a bad choice. Which I think is the place where a lot of people are coming from in saying drafts are good or bad.

I do think there's a difference between saying a draft is good and saying draft picks will be good. If a player doesn't pan out, that doesn't necessarily mean the selection was a bad choice. Which I think is the place where a lot of people are coming from in saying drafts are good or bad.

We disagree. And draft analysis is a joke.

I think it's fair to claim that a given player's strengths aren't a good fit for a given scheme, which could make the pick a "bad" one. That's one criteria. Another would be areas of need and how a player suits that, I suppose. Otherwise yeah, draft analysis is useless.

Not a shock, but Tebow has been released. Watching the Jets go about their business is one of life's true joys.

Montreal owns his Canadian league rights. Many think he might head north for a while, but I certainly hope it doesn't happen in Montreal.

I think it's fair to claim that a given player's strengths aren't a good fit for a given scheme, which could make the pick a "bad" one. That's one criteria. Another would be areas of need and how a player suits that, I suppose. Otherwise yeah, draft analysis is useless.
The Eagles drafted a 26-year-old run blocking guard with an injury history in the first round in 2011. Sure enough, he didn't fit the scheme (I don't know if you've heard this but Andy Reid loves passing the ball) and has had trouble staying on the field. Everyone thought it was a shitty, arrogant pick at the time, and everyone was right. Fire Andy Reid.

It's early, to me. The man can still play. Of course he's lost a couple of steps but, if he were on a team in 2013, he'd still make plays and impact the game in a positive way for his team.

Back
Top Bottom