NFL 2011, Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers should still be MVP. He broke the all time QB rating record.....much more impressive than yards.

Not to write off the fantatic season that Drew Brees had (in any other year he'd easily be the MVP), but I have yet to hear anything resembling a good argument for Brees over Rodgers.

The Marino mark was nice . . . but Tom Brady also passed it easily, and Stafford came damn close.

Also consider: For Rodgers to match Brees' stats, Rodgers would have had to have recorded the following stats: 155 more attempts, 125 more completions, 833 more yards, 1 more TD and 8 (!) more INTs. His rating over that stretch would have been under 70.

Multi-interception games: Brees: 5, Rodgers 0.

Drew shot his team in the foot with poor performances against two of the worst teams in the league.

Plus Rodgers sat out a game but still won more games than Drew did this year (14 vs 13).

If Brees has lesser weapons at the receiver/TE position, that might be an argument. But he doesn't. He also has a much better running game and plays in a dome.

I would say Brees played better in the second half of the season in games that were vital for his team, and has a better record in the second half of the season as well... but the point is moot. Rodgers will likely win the MVP. He put himself so far in front early and did nothing to knock himself off the top of the list. His backup putting up better numbers against a team still fighting for a spot doesn't help, but I doubt its enough to give Brees or Brady the edge.

Rodgers is still the MVP.

Also, anyone notice that the Patriots didn't finish with the league's worst D? It ended up being the Packers, yet I don't hear many people saying it will prevent GB from making the SB.

phanan said:

Also, anyone notice that the Patriots didn't finish with the league's worst D? It ended up being the Packers, yet I don't hear many people saying it will prevent GB from making the SB.

I think it's because the Packers create so many turnovers. Rodgers gets 2-3 extra possessions per game.

The saints, falcons and lions are all dome teams... the 49ers are inexperienced and are bad against the pass... the giants are wildly inconsistent.

So if there's any year that a team that can't run the ball and has a terrible defense can win the NFC, this is the year. I'm still gonna take the field though.

The two biggest differences between Green Bay's D this year and last year are probably the pass rush and the play of the safeties. The pass rush is dead, and Matthews seems to be less potent now that teams have finally figured out that he's about the only pass rush threat that the Packers have. Green Bay's DE's are just weak. Pickett's ok against the run, but the Wynn/Wilson/Neal combo on the other end is worthless. Hanging onto Cullen Jenkins seems like it would have been the right answer, but Jenkins was injured for a decent amount of time of last year, and I don't remember the pass rush struggling this much when he was absent or less than 100%. ROLB is the same deal. Walden is ok, but I'd rather have just about anyone else on the roster starting going into the playoffs. At the safety position, the loss of Collins has been huge. Having Burnett or Peprah play alongside Collins is just fine, but Peprah/Burnett just isn't working that well. Collins is just a much, much smarter player.

I call bullshit on that, the Cowboys Defense has to be the worst in the league. Statistics do lie sometimes...

Polian fired. The era of the successful Colts - over.

Not that I'm sad about it, but I don't understand this move at all. Seems like either a total panic move, or Polian had a falling out with Jim Irsay.

It blows my mind to see Colts fans wearing Luck jerseys. Is this just a joke or are they really looking forward to kicking Peyton out of town?

Hey GAF, it looks like Angelo is out. Maybe the new guy will actually get your team a receiver or two. :)

Colts need to find out how healthy Peyton will be...if he can be his old self for 3 more years, they should trade the #1 pick, can get a boatload in return and drop down a little and still grab Griffin, plus add a couple more #1's, especially if Mike Ditka gets hired as someone's GM in the next few months.

Call me crazy, but I'm not so certain Andrew Luck is the second coming of John Elway...I think Matt Barkley will be better, but he's staying put at USC for another year.

i dunno about barkley... with the recent track record of USC quarterbacks and all.

then again, if rex ryan is to be believed, mark sanchez isn't actually bad... it's santonio holmes' fault that sanchez couldn't throw him the ball. the answer? no captains next year. C will no longer be on anyone's uniform. C will, however, still stand for cookie, and captain crunch is very much still welcome in the ryan household.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom