NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin24 said:
Well here is the thing. I think any team can beat any super team, like the pats, colts, cowboys packers. Why because if they really want to win then the offense and defense will make sure they do their job and stop there opponent. Dallas played hard today against the patriots and with the majority against them they held up until the end.

007_yoda~Yoda-Posters.jpg

Thank you?

While the game pretty much validated that the Patriots and Colts are on their own level and then there is everyone else, I will say that Dallas performed fairly well there for a while, especially the offense. They had a couple of series where they moved the ball and mixed it up nicely. They are the best team in the NFC to this point.

The Cowboys D got killed, but then again, every defense going up against the Patriots has gotten killed...

LemonMelon said:
And how late is "until the end" in Justin's mind? The beginning of the 4th quarter?

And who's this majority that's against them? The fans? Interference posters? So, I guess this means that Dallas performed admirably, considering that a majority of football fans across the country were against them.

Maybe if a few more people were on their side the Cowboys would have prevailed! :happy:

BonoManiac said:

And who's this majority that's against them? The fans? Interference posters? So, I guess this means that Dallas performed admirably, considering that a majority of football fans across the country were against them.

Maybe if a few more people were on their side the Cowboys would have prevailed! :happy:

The Cowboys have more fans than any other NFL team, that's for sure. They also have more folks that hate them, but that hardly makes up a "majority".

I just hope all of the bandwagoner fans don't jump off now. I have to suck up a tough loss, and so should they.

phanan said:

The Cowboys D got killed, but then again, every defense going up against the Patriots has gotten killed...
Yeah, but Cleveland's D which surrendered 31 to Cleo Lemon and his band of marine mammals yesterday looked a lot better against the Pats than Dallas' D.

Come January, Tony Romo and his house of ribs(maybe bbq sauce caused him to drop the snap in the playoffs last year) won't be able to overcome that defense.

that was an execution.

my favorite part of the game was the brady fumble. the pats were marching down the field ready to go up 21-3 when the protection broke down and brady got hit for that fumble. all of a sudden it's a "game" again. the cowboys are going nuts, everyone's happy... there's brady, giving up a fumble for a touchdown, sitting on the turf, calmly tying his shoe, as if it didn't matter whatsoever.

why? 'cause it didn't. even after dallas took the lead it was only a matter of time before new england retook momentum and took control of the game.

they are an unbelivable team, and there's only one game left on their schedule that, baring injury, they could lose.

the cowboys? they scratched and clawed and did everything in their power just to keep it close... and in the end, they couldn't keep it close. dallas is a good team, but they, and maybe no one, is in the class of the pats.

Hewson said:
Yeah, but Cleveland's D which surrendered 31 to Cleo Lemon and his band of marine mammals yesterday looked a lot better against the Pats than Dallas' D.

True, but I think that was more of a case of the Pats offense not performing up to par than anything else.

I was actually a bit impressed by the Cowboys. They were game...a lesser team packs it in down 14-0 early like they were. NE is clearly the superior team, but Dallas proved they belong at the top of the NFC IMO.

I loved that TD pass to Stallworth where he tossed the defender aside like a fly, great stuff :)

CTU2fan said:
I was actually a bit impressed by the Cowboys. They were game...a lesser team packs it in down 14-0 early like they were. NE is clearly the superior team, but Dallas proved they belong at the top of the NFC IMO.

I loved that TD pass to Stallworth where he tossed the defender aside like a fly, great stuff :)

momentum is big in the NFL.

if brady doesn't fumble there, the pats march down the field and make it 21-3. and dallas would have packed it in.

the fumble gave them hope... a hope that was, of course, crushed like a steamroller.

Devin Hester is awesome. Ive come to believe that at least once a game if he gets the ball from a kick-off or a punt return, he will bring the ball back. Sad loss for the bears though, but what can you do about a field goal? Reggie and LT are just starting to get warmed up. And what can I say about Tom Brady and the recievers? Damn good team that thankfully beat the Cowboys, not a fan of both teams, but dont like Romo.

Justin c'mon, dallas got whooped, get over it. and you wish evil things to the patriots? c'mon is a fricken game. and i found it funny that you thought the patriots were going to get killed, and when it went the other way around you say I hope the colts kill the patriots. Get over it, your team lost:|

TO, discussing the Patriots:

"They're a good team. I wouldn't say they're the best, but we had our opportunities." :|

I hope Dallas loses every game by 50.

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:
Dallas deserves to lose for a number of reasons: the fans

:sad:

(Justin doesn't speak for all of us.)

((And by all of us, I mean Texans.))

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i dislike romo more than TO. i don't mind TO. he amuses me.

Me too. Thank god he's basically Rex Grossman with spinners & sexy decals...if he was actually consistently good I'd really start disliking him. I might even dislike him as much as this guy does:

http://www.tonyhomo.com/

eli still throws that one god awful INT per game, which is a problem, yes. but the rest of the game he looked damn good last night. i know it was against the falcons and all, but he's certainly getting better.

he still has those brain fart moments, but they're becoming fewer and farther between.

giants should be 6-2 by the bye... who woulda thunk.

Giants look good. Dallas at home will be tough but otherwise the only game where they're a clear underdog is the Pats game. I could see both wildcards coming out of the NFC East this year. They should all have a 3-1 record vs. the putrid AFC East, that'll be a big advantage over the other NFC teams who will play AFC divisions that don't totally suck.

i'm worried about brandon jacobs. he's just too damned big to be a running back. he's quite good, don't get me wrong. but you have to figure it's only a matter of time until someone goes low on him and takes out his knee. he's already had his share of injuries, mostly because it takes so much to take him down that he takes an extra special pounding.

inmyplace13 said:

:sad:

(Justin doesn't speak for all of us.)

((And by all of us, I mean Texans.))

The people that live in Texas and are fans of Dallas, I have no problem with.

It's the frontrunners and the whole America and God's Team BS that pisses me off.

It's unfair to you real fans.

Although I still hate the Cowboys. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i dislike romo more than TO. i don't mind TO. he amuses me.

That's because you're not a fan of San Francisco or Philadelphia.

Yes, the Eagles made some mistakes along the way, but the bottom line is that he is a complete jackass. You guys probably don't want to see my full rant on T.O., so I'll spare you. For now.

phillyfan26 said:

The people that live in Texas and are fans of Dallas, I have no problem with.

It's the frontrunners and the whole America and God's Team BS that pisses me off.

It's unfair to you real fans.

Although I still hate the Cowboys. :wink:

Well Philly as a fan of the cowboys I don't hate you, but I hate the eagles. :wink:

I don't hate you at all either, it's just that your allegiance should be with your hometown team. I don't see how you can be a Dallas fan without being a frontrunner.

Why do you have to be a fan of a home town team? The niners are garbage as is the raiders. You expect me to be loyal to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom