NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
solid contribution there

i know everybody likes to be "witty," it seems like nobody can disagree with people on this board anymore without being insulting.

Dusty Bottoms said:
solid contribution there

This coming from a guy who's only posts in this thread consist entirely of bitter whining that his team lost the Super Bowl SIX years ago to a team that MIGHT have filmed a practice.

Get over yourself.

When you're ready to talk about something else (of substance), we'll be waiting.

Hewson said:
An online petition is generally looked at by intelligent people as foolhardiness, and nothing more.

Normally, intelligent people would look at a screwed up audio clip on TV and say it was a screwed up audio clip...not "Clearly piped in crowd noise."

Even normally intelligent people here showed their foolhardiness.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

why stop there when you clearly have an open and shut case against bob stanley and bill buckner.

Oh yeah, they're on the list, along with Calvin Schiraldi and the idiot fan with the parachute. And the entire umpiring crew from the '99 ALCS. And Mike Torrez...I mean, giving up a HR to Bucky Dent? Bucky F**king Dent??? I call shenanigans.

zonelistener said:

Is it any different from the Patriots fans creating a petition to the NFL concerning the clock in the super bowl? Where is the similar outrage at their stupidity?

Two things:

1. It is not our job to police Patriots fans all over the universe. Do not assume that silence implies consent.

2. As Hewson has pointed out, frivolous lawsuits cost lots of money. Many other civilized nations give a judge authority to force a party that files a frivolous lawsuit to pay the other party's legal costs.

CTU2fan said:

Oh yeah, they're on the list, along with Calvin Schiraldi and the idiot fan with the parachute. And the entire umpiring crew from the '99 ALCS. And Mike Torrez...I mean, giving up a HR to Bucky Dent? Bucky F**king Dent??? I call shenanigans.

i actually know the guy who defended the guy who jumped into shea with the parachute... i could get you in touch.

curses!

:no:

Eli Manning is suddenly marketable enough to be Madden's cover boy
By MJD

Monday, Feb 18, 2008 9:00 am EST
I wonder what's the largest amount of money one athlete has ever made from a single game or single play.

Mike Eruzione's goal was probably quite lucrative (especially since his earnings in hockey from that point on were somewhere around $0). Cedric Ceballos made way too much money after winning the dunk contest, and Buster Douglas's win over Mike Tyson drastically changed his financial future.

I'm not saying that Eli Manning is going the way of Mike Eruzione, Cedric "The Franchise" Ceballos, or Buster Douglas. I wouldn't expect that he would, but Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, and Shaun Alexander might advise Eli to use caution in signing up to be the next victim of the Madden Curse.

Rumors are out there that Eli's going to be the cover boy for EA Sports' Madden 09. Deadspin noted them yesterday, and you can see further unsubstantiated talk about it here and here. I actually see no reason to believe that the rumors are true, but then again, there's no reason to believe they aren't true, either. He's got that kind of shine now.

Imagine that ... Eli Manning on the cover of Madden. It's still a little hard to grasp that Eli's that marketable.

If you'd have told me a year ago that that would've been a possibility, I'd have assumed that EA had gone bankrupt after sinking all their resources into their new "Doris Burke '09" WNBA game franchise, and they got Eli to do the cover for free after Trent Dilfer and Dennis Northcutt turned them down.

well i suppose that he's already broken the sports illustrated curse and, well, the curse of being eli manning... so, ah, what the hell... what's one more.

i actually know the guy who defended the guy who jumped into shea with the parachute... i could get you in touch.

I actually thought that was kind of funny. Remember the guy who 'chuted into a fight, I think at Caesar's? Bouncers kicked the snot out of the guy...

nothing gets me excited more than a good ol' fashioned wonderlic test

Actually, it is pretty cool to have the event here in town and work at the airport. They have big logos in all of the jetbridges and signs up all over the airport.

And, all of the corporate jets with NFL logos on the tails in the charter areas. Daniel Snyder has a pretty nice bird. Paul Allen uses his smaller plane.

When the NFL Competition Committee (read: Bill Polian) says it's time to give it a rest, perhaps it is.

So to sum it up: As it all turned out, the Patriots story played out like a cartoon race where the snickering, cheating villain gets way ahead and in the end is only stopped at the very end in exciting fashion by a much more likeable underdog and thus the heroic storybook ending. Hollywood couldn't have written it any better.

AnnRKeyintheUSA said:
a much more likeable underdog

Yeah because that Tom Brady was such a douche, set to be the #1 pick in the draft but whining and stamping his little feet, refusing to play for San Diego. Oh wait...

CTU2fan said:

Yeah because that Tom Brady was such a douche, set to be the #1 pick in the draft but whining and stamping his little feet, refusing to play for San Diego. Oh wait...

In four months, Bill Belichick MORE than cancelled out Eli's antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom