Next Album Rumours Thread V - Your Song Ruined My Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Edge screws up, Bono is always there to say "It's not your fault. It's not your fault."

Thank christ I have the new chili peppers album to get me through the bad puns.

Might be better than stadium arcadium. And that is one of my favorite albums,so don't say that lightly.

Thank christ I have the new chili peppers album to get me through the bad puns.

Might be better than stadium arcadium. And that is one of my favorite albums,so don't say that lightly.

The Heavy Wing! My God!

Unlimited Love is amazing. They picked up right where they left off with Frusciante except they're even better musicians now. I wish U2 would show that level of commitment to thier music. The Peppers spent a year or more playing together in a room.

The Heavy Wing! My God!

Unlimited Love is amazing. They picked up right where they left off with Frusciante except they're even better musicians now. I wish U2 would show that level of commitment to thier music. The Peppers spent a year or more playing together in a room.
The heavy wing is an absolute banger,played it in the car on the way home. About blew the speakers off. Weirdly bastards of light has risen right up near the top of my favourites on the album.

you know U2 are pretty savvy about this kind of thing. And we know Bono has an autobiography due out this year, at some point. Good opportunity to cross promote.

No planned release for a book this spring. Put your money on the fall.

Yeah, I can't see us getting much in the first half of the year. If only there had been some sort of album-anniversary they could have celebrated...

Just release Songs of Ascent as a digital download with profits going to organisations doing good work in Ukraine. That's a win-win for everyone surely.

New RHCP - like most of their longer albums, swathes of it blends together and struggles for clear identity. That’s the strongest criticism I can give, because the bits that stand out are really good, and just like SA, if it was more focussed and lean then it would be a wonderful late career effort. As it is it is a very good one.

New RHCP - like most of their longer albums, swathes of it blends together and struggles for clear identity. That’s the strongest criticism I can give, because the bits that stand out are really good, and just like SA, if it was more focussed and lean then it would be a wonderful late career effort. As it is it is a very good one.
What songs would you cut,I'm struggling to think of many. Maybe poster child?

u2songs is legit. Songs of Surrender, folks.

"We are being told that U2 have delivered a full album of newly recorded versions of old U2 songs to Universal Music. The album is tentatively penciled in for a November 18, 2022 release date. It is expected that the album will be released in all the usual formats, and there will likely be some special limited versions of the album pressed. The album is being referred to as Songs of Surrender.

Recording of the album started after U2 finished their most recent tour in December 2019, and was finished throughout last year. The album will feature U2 songs from throughout their entire career, recorded in new ways. This includes new arrangements and reworkings of the songs, and yes, some acoustic recordings have been mentioned. We are told that this is a single disc with 14-15 tracks in total.

A producer of this material has not been confirmed. We were previously told that in some cases, the original producers were brought back to the studio to work on these new versions of the songs. The album will be a full length album, with songs from U2’s entire career reinterpreted. Alice Cooper has also recently mentioned that Bob Ezrin was working with U2 on a project. Ezrin was the producer on U2’s appearance at the BBC in 2018, featuring orchestral versions of their songs. It is known that U2 are also working on a new album, in a rock n’ roll vein, and it may be this material that Ezrin has been working on."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom