New York II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

You know, Timo, when I first met you, I thought you were much older than 18.

When are you seeing Neil? Is he touring again?

But once we started playing this game I well and truly showed my immaturity :wink:.

He is playing the ARIA's as a tribute to Paul (1 song I payed $50 :yikes: ) and Homebake they are playing an "All Star Performance" as they headline. Rumoured members of the group include Jim Moginie & Rob Hirst (Midnight Oil), Brent Eccles (The Angels), Nick Seymour (Crowded House), Eddie Rayner, Nigel Griggs, Noel Crombie (Split Enz) etc.

There is a rumour going round it could be a complet Split Enz reunion. :shrug:

Alcooliques14.gif

Drinks for all tonite :wink:

HI everyone! Do I even want to know the set so far or will I be annoyed that I'm not there again until Monday?

Halup said:

I missed that night. :-(

I have been able to meet Neil, Tim and Mark Hart on several occasions, but I never met Paul or Nick. I have seen about 3-4 of Neil's performances at Largo here in L.A.

Please tell me you were there the night where he played Making Plans For Nigel! :hyper:

Did you manage to get on stage and play anything when he asked for all comers! :hyper:

That bootleg is sooooooooo funny!

From a few pages back -- People Got the Power is a Patti Smith song and one frequently covered by other bands. I've seen both R.E.M. and Pearl Jam do it (R.E.M. with Smith, who opened for them that night).

Maybe with U2 in November? Maybe...

ThoraSEB said:
Hee hee - they just played Elevation in the Vancouver - Edmonton game! :D

Before the Leafs games they play WTSHNN, LOL! Puts me in a goooooof mood. :dance:

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
hypnodisk.gif
/ Glad To See You Go Snippet
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
Happy Birthday To You (For Bono's friend, probably Gavin Friday)
5. ALL I WANT IS YOU :combust:
6. Beautiful Day
7. Miracle Drug / People Got The Power Snippet
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills of Dakota Snippet possibly
9. Love & Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
11. Bullet The Blue Sky

timothius said:

But once we started playing this game I well and truly showed my immaturity :wink:.

He is playing the ARIA's as a tribute to Paul (1 song I payed $50 :yikes: ) and Homebake they are playing an "All Star Performance" as they headline. Rumoured members of the group include Jim Moginie & Rob Hirst (Midnight Oil), Brent Eccles (The Angels), Nick Seymour (Crowded House), Eddie Rayner, Nigel Griggs, Noel Crombie (Split Enz) etc.

There is a rumour going round it could be a complet Split Enz reunion. :shrug:

Ahhh, right, I remember you posting about those now. I wasn't sure if your wording implied there was some full tour coming up or not. In any case, next time either/both Finns come around, I'm there!

A complete Enz reunion would be pretty awesome. :drool:

By the way, I'm having a hard time dividing my attention between the set party, Bathurst, and my girlfriend as it is, so do you mind if we continue our Aucks/Welly rivalry at the next setlist party? :eek:livebranch:

theu2fly said:

Hardly played on the Leg 1 at all.
I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Are you talking about AIWIY, or a different song?

Carek1230 said:
Did anyone see Conan last night? He played a U2 SECRETS skit, it was pretty funny

Yeah that was great! There are still pics in PLEBA, along with possible (expired?) links to download. It was great. I liked Bono's the best :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom