New York II Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
redkat said:
If You Shout

damn I actually love the sound of your paper :reject:

I took a film class and a psychology of women <feminism> class.

I could get into that paper :hyper:

Good luck with it!

Okay. This is it. i can't believe I'm still trolling around in an otherwise-dead thread!!! But keep your eyes on "Dream Out Loud." I will post my paper there, as I've decided to start doing...at least, like, five people will read 'em that way! Right?

Make it six, my friend. Make it six!

Yeah Monday night I was drinking a 40, then Tuesday night I was about 8 feet away from Bono singing 40.
The joke was just bound to pop into my head, and it did.

This is a song about intoxication. This is Gone.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Yeah Monday night I was drinking a 40, then Tuesday night I was about 8 feet away from Bono singing 40.
The joke was just bound to pop into my head, and it did.

This is a song about intoxication. This is Gone.

Good one :up:

theu2fly said:
Wow... what a setlist tonight!!!

Only 5 Bomb songs!! :ohmy:

:huh:

There were eight.

Vertigo, Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, LAPOE, COBL, ABOY, OOTS, and Fast Cars.

any questions for Diane - she may still be around, waiting for her train.... (Sorry, I had a long phone call with my sister)

Just got back from tonight... it was amazing!!! Very impressive setlist-- LOVED All I Want is You! I liked how Bono had some trouble finding the mike after he blindfolded himself and a roadie had to jump up on stage to help him. :lol:

pookybear said:
Just got back from tonight... it was amazing!!! Very impressive setlist-- LOVED All I Want is You! I liked how Bono had some trouble finding the mike after he blindfolded himself and a roadie had to jump up on stage to help him. :lol:

Was birthday song sung to a midwife/friend of Bono's? Or Gavin Friday as some thought earlier in the show. What happened to Larry's drums? 3 sisters brought on stage during WOWY?

Pookybear, awesome, glad you got such a great show! :)

Lila, perhaps the one who solved his midwife crisis? :hmm: Kinda odd that he wouldn't give Gavin a shout-out if it's his birthday...

And why did Bono scold a fan?? :lol:

Lila64 said:
Birthday song was sung to midwife that Bono knows... That's what Diane said!

It was sung to Gavin Friday, who Bono described as being a sort of midwife for the band.

I cant believe they played with Mary J. again. She fricken blows. I hated One from that benefit thing. :barf: :sick:

theu2fly said:

No Yahweh... that's a first!

No it's not. It was missed at multiple first leg shows, one in Europe, and the second Boston show this leg.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

When I tell people I'm going to Philly for both shows next weekend, most of them say, "Didn't you just see them in May?" And I want to grab them and shake them and say, "That was five months ago!" Most of the people I go to school with think I'm nuts to see 4 shows on the same tour.
:lol:
This just reminded me of how I called Ticketbastard the other day to see if they had any tix for the second detroit show, mentioned that I already had tickets to the first one, and the woman said while she was 'searching', "so, do they play different shows every night?". Um...no, yes, maybe, who cares?!

cheers...

Yeah, Bono apparently saw some dude in the front of the ellipse on his phone and told him aloud, "Turn off your f*cking phone, this is a concert!" Later in the show he apologized though. As for me, I was excited to hear Bono say the f word for the first time in person. :cool:

I couldn't quite tell-- it was two girls I think (though they looked similar from where I was sitting) and then a guy who were pulled up during WOWY.

I didn't think Mary J. Blige was bad at all... it's cool that she decided to join them tonight.

I am the first of the two sisters (there are 3 of us total) that got up on stage tonight.. It was amazing! I don't think Bono really liked me though - he wanted to stand and hug while I wanted to run around!
I think his original intention was to keep me up there the whole song but since I wasn't cooperating (he kept asking me to keep still and keep eye contact with him but i didn't) he ended with me and my little sister got up for a minute. Sadly, the the song was over by then and my older sister didn't get up :( Bono stood on the platform next to us and sang to her instead.

dude i'll say it again, Mary J. is fantastic. lighten up fans. she can hold a note or 50 better than most of the other clowns that make it on stage.

pookybear said:
Yeah, Bono apparently saw some dude in the front of the ellipse on his phone and told him aloud, "Turn off your f*cking phone, this is a concert!" Later in the show he apologized though. As for me, I was excited to hear Bono say the f word for the first time in person. :cool:

I couldn't quite tell-- it was two girls I think (though they looked similar from where I was sitting) and then a guy who were pulled up during WOWY.

I didn't think Mary J. Blige was bad at all... it's cool that she decided to join them tonight.

:lmao:

I heard either 3 sisters or 2 girls & 1 in turbin :shrug:

I couldn't hear Mary via the cell-call I got

After my little sister got up, Bono did pull up Amp and sang with him for a minute. I think this took the time that my older sister should have had with Bono but I am still happy for Amp because he was a great guy. Amp did try to jump down so my sister could get up - he knew about the 3 sister thing as we had been in line together all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom