New York I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SETLIST

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co.
5. The Ocean
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While Snippet
7. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper / Blackbird / Many Rivers To Cross Snippets
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Sorrento Snippet (make sense?)
10. Love & Peace Or Else

angelordevil said:
My least favourite snippet is Old Man River....makes Bono actually sound like an old man

I don't count any of the songs that Bono performas after One as snippets, as they are not performed within a U2 song. They are performed as short separate songs.

My definition of snippets are when Bono throws in some lyrics from another song inside of a song he is singing.

Axver, how do you feel about this way of defining snippets?

i had a dream last night where i was talking to the edge. i asked him if they were going to play mofo, he laughed and said no :sigh:

sami0201 said:
anyone have pictures of tattoo dan? I think I've seen once...he's the one with "one" written in all different languages down his back, right?

We stood with him at both Chicago shows...he's covered in U2-ey goodness. :drool: And he's also the loudest singer I've ever heard...doesn't even need a PA system. :lol:

Halup said:

I don't count any of the songs that Bono performas after One as snippets, as they are not performed within a U2 song. They are performed as short separate songs.

My definition of snippets are when Bono throws in some lyrics from another song inside of a song he is singing.

Yes, maybe technically a Tag?

Chizip said:
i had a dream last night where i was talking to the edge. i asked him if they were going to play mofo, he laughed and said no :sigh:

That picture of U2 you have on your signature is so funny. I laughed so hard when I saw it on Conan last night.

Axver said:

AUCKLAND'S ARCHITECTS DESIGN ANOTHER BRILLIANT BUILDING

More%20Roman%20ruins%20in%20Rhodes.jpg

THE LOCAL WELLINGTONIAN TAKES HIS PICK ON HIS WEEKLY VISIT TO THE CITY'S "BROTHEL"

tas_sheep_dog_web.sized.jpg

SETLIST

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co.
5. The Ocean
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While Snippet
7. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper / Blackbird / Many Rivers To Cross Snippets
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Sorrento Snippet (make sense?)
10. Love & Peace Or Else (Bono broke drumstick)
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday

kellyahern said:
I had a dream where I went to a U2 concert and the guy sitting next to me was Al Pacino.

:huh:

I had a dream that I met Edge in the parking lot of a CVS an hour before the concert started, and I was all pissed because I had GA tickets so now I would have a bad spot :lmao: I was going to CVS to buy a disposable camera

the good news is in my dream i talked the edge into bring back discotheque!

so if we see it tonight then you can thank me

Halup said:

Well, I've had my concerns about this. I generally go by how much of the song they play. On ZooTV, Unchained Melody pretty much has to be considered to be a separate song - you can't clearly say it's at the end of One or the start of UTEOTW so it gets classed by itself. And on Popmart, when something like WUDM followed One, it was clearly played as its own song.

So yeah, I generally tend to count it as a separate song. But sometimes Bono sings a few lines of a song before or after another and it's obvious it's not the whole song, it can't be counted as a separate song, so I attach it as a snippet to the nearest song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom