New York I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

It was always played as The Cry/The Electric Co., though, never by itself, so that one's debatable ...

That's true, but The Electric Co. has been played without Cry, so it truly is its own song. Plus, on the Fire 7 inch single, Cry is clearly noted as being an individual song, whereas on Blood Red Sky, it's title does not even get listed. I count it as a separate song myself, the way that An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart are 2 different songs.

Also, The Cry is incorrect. On the Fire 7 inch it is only called Cry.

Axver said:

THE ZENITH OF CAR MANUFACTURING IN AUCKLAND

Aucklandcar.jpg

UNIVERSALLY REGARDED AS THE BEST PART OF ANY VISIT TO WELLINGTON

EXIT.jpg

Lol im just stopping in too see hows it going?!...:wave:

Looks like alot of famous folk got GA in MSG tonight :hmm:

Well i can't stay too long...i have to get up bright and early tomorrow :(

tsweeney said:

Would Can't Help Falling in Love , Wake Up Dead Man, If God Will Send His Angels or Unchained Melody count even though they weren't full songs? Sometimes two or three verses were played.

I don't know. The Ocean's only a 1:30 song so that's pretty tough to beat. Not sure just how long WUDM was, whether that'd win. Same for IGWSHA. Not sure I'd count Unchained Melody or Can't Help Falling In Love as they're covers.

SETLIST

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co./ The Ocean
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While Snippet
6. Beautiful Day / Blackbird Snippet
7. Miracle Drug

Halup said:

That's true, but The Electric Co. has been played without Cry, so it truly is its own song. Plus, on the Fire 7 inch single, Cry is clearly noted as being an individual song, whereas on Blood Red Sky, it's title does not even get listed. I count it as a separate song myself, the way that An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart are 2 different songs.

Also, The Cry is incorrect. On the Fire 7 inch it is only called Cry.

On U2's printed setlists, it was The Cry, and I've bootlegs of Bono introducing it as such. Though this tour it's Cry, and I think some of the earlier printed sets also omitted 'The'.

it's only 10 and I'm sleepy already. At this rate, I'll be the one curled up sleeping in a corner of the ellipse next weekend

Lila, can you renumber your setlist,since The Ocean should be 5. as it is an entirely diffwerent song form The Electric Co.?

edited:

SETLIST

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co./ The Ocean
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While Snippet
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper / Blackbird / Many Rivers To Cross Snippets
7. Miracle Drug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back