New Video on U2.com Pt 3 (New Video 11/1)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's not the only one who'll be in character on this album & tour. Expect to see Adam adding a cape & cowl to his MC Hammer pants at a stadium near you!

The drumming reminds me of the Crazy Tonight clip, but I can't really trust my hearing. Do you all agree? If so, then :drool:. Crazy Tonight could be a monster hit. I love what I can hear of it so far and I wasn't really expecting this based on some early review readings.

The drumming reminds me of the Crazy Tonight clip, but I can't really trust my hearing. Do you all agree? If so, then :drool:. Crazy Tonight could be a monster hit. I love what I can hear of it so far and I wasn't really expecting this based on some early review readings.

The tempo is also the same. Although the intro has different chords, the later section of his playing goes into the same chords as Crazy tonight.

Yeah sounds like crazy tonight to me.
God Adam's on fire these days....seems like all of them are actually!

That bass line is reminiscent of The Wanderer. I like it. Very Cool!

Adam rocks. He's the only band member I've ever met personally and I have to say he was the most normal and down to earth person. Great guy. :up:

That's a great little clip. As other have mentioned, Larry's reaction to the bass is priceless.

By the way, the bit of music that can be heard playing in 'larryinstudio' is great...I really hope it made it on to the record somewhere but I have no idea how it would fit in to any of the songs judging from the previews.

So Crazy Tonight is a Lillywhite song. I guess that makes sense because, based on the clips, it sounds like it'd fit very easily onto HTDAAB. I wonder why U2 couldn't just make a whole album with Eno and Lanois only, so as to achieve maximum cohesion between all the songs. Maybe this has something to do with Iovine's comments that they needed "2 more songs", and so they began looking to Lillywhite for "hit" material? Although since Crazy Tonight was around as a beach clip, I'm actually very confused about what those "2 more songs" ever turned out to be. All the proposed singles were already in pretty finished form.

So Crazy Tonight is a Lillywhite song. I guess that makes sense because, based on the clips, it sounds like it'd fit very easily onto HTDAAB. I wonder why U2 couldn't just make a whole album with Eno and Lanois only, so as to achieve maximum cohesion between all the songs. Maybe this has something to do with Iovine's comments that they needed "2 more songs", and so they began looking to Lillywhite for "hit" material? Although since Crazy Tonight was around as a beach clip, I'm actually very confused about what those "2 more songs" ever turned out to be. All the proposed singles were already in pretty finished form.

agree 100%

this song will suck in front of eno's songs

Crazy Tonight does indeed sound very Lillywhite-esque and could fit on Bomb, but I must say that I am completely addicted to the clip :love: Yes, it sounds like classic 00s pop-rock U2, but damn they can be so good at this stuff! They can do U2-by-numbers any day if it sounds that good :up:

this song will suck in front of eno's songs

Wow, the positivity of some is again overwhelming. People act like everything U2 did this decade is crap. I have just been listening to ATYCLB and it is still a very good record and Crazy Tonight sounds awesome (at least the 45 seconds I heard from it).

Wow, the positivity of some is again overwhelming. People act like everything U2 did this decade is crap. I have just been listening to ATYCLB and it is still a very good record and Crazy Tonight sounds awesome (at least the 45 seconds I heard from it).

I agree with you. I've been listening to ATYCLB a lot this week (after not listening to it for ages) and it really is a great album. Although that wasn't a Lillywhite album was it?

I think that Eno and Lanois were also involved in the Lilywhite stuff on No line of the Horizon and visa versa. I think that Eno/Lanois/Lilywhite is a winning combination. More so then Eno/lanois or Lilywhite on his own. They all have their specific qualities but like all the records: the songs are 80% U2 and 20% the producers and not the other way around.

I'm thinking those "2 more songs" were probably Fez-Being Born and White as Snow because those are the two titles that we hadn't heard about when Q mag had visited the studio for their article. We had heard about Tripoli and Winter, but I can imagine that those were the last two songs they needed to work on, which eventually turned into the songs we have now.

Back
Top Bottom