New U2 interviews: Schedules and discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about promotional appearances.

Guy Oseary did say they would do some performances before the tour. Next summer is a long way away and they need to go on radio stations and get heard. Hopefully they'll have one or two more singles before the tour starts.

This must be related to a live BBC appearance on Tuesday: Una grossissima sorpresa per i fan degli U2? - U2place, le notizie in italiano sugli U2

Translated: Nono , we can tell you more , but according to our reliable source , in the next few days could be a very big surprise U2 fans

If it is the bbc then why dont they just announce it? Im in london next week and would get down there a day early if i knew they were going to be there. Why wouldnt the bbc promote it?

Everything about U2 seems to be a surprise these days. I'm starting to think that even their upcoming performances will be a surprise. They will just appear somewhere without notice and play some songs. How cool would that be?

Everything about U2 seems to be a surprise these days. I'm starting to think that even their upcoming performances will be a surprise. They will just appear somewhere without notice and play some songs. How cool would that be?

And they can call it the Invisible tour since no-one will see them coming. :giggle:

Seriously though, everything seems to be a lot different with Oseary at the helm and it's actually kinda neat since us fans are just as surprised as anyone else. :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Do anybody know when the next issue of rollingstone coming out with the band on the cover?

I don't really understand what else they could surprise us with at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't really understand what else they could surprise us with at this point.

Maybe the 70% finished SOE was a head fake?

Where the album has TWO names. :happydance:

I don't know. Does it make sense to release SOE right now?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT IS IT?!?!?!

Nothing about this particular U2 release has really made sense. This would push sales for both albums...it would be like GNR Illusions. I am sure I am just wishful thinking...but after thinking... I am glad that SOI has made me hungry for more U2.

Yeah. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I could see maybe the band playing the album in full live or something cool like that. Or maybe a tour announcement.

Yeah. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I could see maybe the band playing the album in full live or something cool like that. Or maybe a tour announcement.

We can't lose in that case!

It's an exciting time for us given you can throw ideas around like this and they can very well happen!

I really can't think of a more exciting time to be a U2 fan than now(fyi...Zooropa was the start of my fandom).

It's an exciting time for us given you can throw ideas around like this and they can very well happen!

I really can't think of a more exciting time to be a U2 fan than now(fyi...Zooropa was the start of my fandom).

Very true.

I was thinking maybe a tour announcement but we are still 7 months out and previous tours were announced only 3 months out but who knows?

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Maybe the idea Adam was talking about with "2 different shows" meaning one night songs of innocence - innocence + early material, 2nd night, songs of experience - experience + newer songs

The tour is well into next year so it's not unimaginable to think experience can be out in 6 months

What else would they have up their sleeves? :crack:

AH! But everyone is forgetting that U2 still has not done a full Symphonic record while they play their favorite music. Lots of violins and the full force of
Beethoven and Wagner behind their songs! Ride of the U2 Valkyries !

Also something else they have not done yet...
They are four guys and they never sang in Acapela. They need to do a "Barbershop quartet song" :D No instruments, just singing :lol:

Any sort of "surprise" coming our way in this year is going to be either a) live promotional performances b) tour announcement c) music videos, single promotions, etc.

I can't see us hearing any surprises regarding SoE this year. They need to let SoI breathe and make sure the songs are given enough time on their own to find their way to as many U2 fans and non-fans as possible. (which seems to have been working so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom