New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 > Sign In

1. Bad
2. Where The Streets Have No Name
3. Magnificent
4. One
5. Ultraviolet
6. Even Better than The Real Thing
7. With or Without You
8. Beautiful Day
9. City of Blinding Lights
10. The Unforgettable Fire
11. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
12. All I Want is You/Love Rescue Me
13. Moment of Surrender
14. Until The End of the World
15. The Fly
16. One Tree Hill
17. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
18. Walk On
19. Zooropa
20. Elevation
21. Out of Control
22. Mysterious Ways

What a profound disappointment, and a complete and utter waste of time.

15 of 22 songs already available in 360 versions on the Rose Bowl DVD. And 21 of 22 songs have previous "official" live releases. So thats 1 song (Zooropa) we don't have a live version of. Yet another fan club release full of stuff we essentially already have in one form or another. And the irony is, this time the fans only have themselves to blame. I never want to hear a single "fan" who voted for some of these retreads bitch about a fan club release again.

Way to intelligently vote, U2 fans (not directed towards anyone here...I know most people here tried).

Well, it could have been worse I guess, at least One Tree Hill made it, which is the one I wanted most. And I know a lot of people were hoping for Zooropa. That's some consolation.

we still don't know what the surprise is, maybe we could get more tracks, wish they would have announced that with the setlist

I'd subscribe again if No Line were on there.. but instead I'll spend my $50 on booze..

Registered Dude said:
I'd subscribe again if No Line were on there.. but instead I'll spend my $50 on booze..

You hear that, U2? You're causing this man to resort to alcoholism out of depression from seeing the track listing. How dare you.

we still don't know what the surprise is, maybe we could get more tracks, wish they would have announced that with the setlist

They might have already announced it in the email:

(Already subscribed for 'U22' ? You can download one of the winning tracks next week. We'll be in touch!)

35rgr3.jpg

(Already subscribed for 'U22' ? You can download one of the winning tracks next week. We'll be in touch!)

just got the email now, well was hoping for something more, how about one of the tracks of your choice that didn't make it

Oh fantastic. For some reason I don't get their emails, even though I'm a subscriber and I've signed up for the mailing list. So I hope it is a unique code that I'll end up not getting. :|

I was all set to bitch about the tracklist, but it's really not bad at all. I do wish HMTMKMKM, NLOTH, and YBR had made it, but at least we get TUF, Zooropa, Bad and OTH. I'm actually looking forward to receiving this in the mail.

I do have to wonder about whoever voted for Elevation. I mean, really?

Sorry, but I hate this list. What a disappointment. It feels like if U2 went out on the road and played only hits U2 fans wouldn't be much bothered about it. Makes you wonder if the band's message of doing different things and reinventing themselves has been delivered to U2 fans at all.... I mean these are big U2 fans, they registered and are paying to vote at u2.com and this is what comes out...? What a load of crap.

I was all set to bitch about the tracklist, but it's really not bad at all. I do wish HMTMKMKM, NLOTH, and YBR had made it, but at least we get TUF, Zooropa, Bad and OTH. I'm actually looking forward to receiving this in the mail.

I do have to wonder about whoever voted for Elevation. I mean, really?

yeah, elevation, city of blinding lights, and one

Sure, I'd like to see YBR, NLOTH, and the other rarities on there, but this really is a pretty good set of songs. Much better than I was expecting.

The only way U2 could have made EVERYONE happy with this project is to make all 46 tracks available, and let each member select their own 22 to download and make their own compilation. Actually, I'm sure there would have been a lot of bitching even then...

Terribly disappointed with the absence of HMTMKMKM . About 1/2 of my choices showed up so I'm ok with I suppose.

I don't think the list is that bad - I'll take Bad, One Tree Hill, All I Want is You/Love Rescue Me, Zooropa and Out of Control live anyday :drool:

Yes, a few songs I was hoping for didn't make it (NLOTH, HMTMKMKM, ES specifically). But on the flip side at least Pride, SBS, Vertigo, IALW and IWF didn't make it either. It could have been a lot worse!

Can't please 'em all. I'll give it a grade of B+ :up:

Sorry, but I hate this list. What a disappointment. It feels like if U2 went out on the road and played only hits U2 fans wouldn't be much bothered about it. Makes you wonder if the band's message of doing different things and reinventing themselves has been delivered to U2 fans at all.... I mean these are big U2 fans, they registered and are paying to vote at u2.com and this is what comes out...? What a load of crap.

I tend to agree with you, but I think most of the fans on on this site fought the good fight to get some of those more "obscure" (for lack of a better term) tracks on there. The fact that the ratings for the UF/JT b-sides are so high in the recent polling by Digitize demonstrates how for the most part the more knowledgable fans here are generally receptive to some of the more less-heard music. But let's face it, the general public isn't receptive to things like Your Blue Room any more than they are to Bass Trap...they basically just either don't understand or appreciate more ambient sounding music, and would rather hear just another fist pumping stadium anthem, no matter how many times it's been released.

At one time I thought U2.com was pretty much just comprised of the hard core, but I think it's more mainstream than I originally suspected.

The list is pretty much what I thought would occur. There are a few NLOTH tracks, which is good, but a lot of "hits" too, along with some "rarities".

However, I still wish U2.com would put the songs that didn't make the cut up for download. No need to download a song we'll get on CD soon. It's nice, but not necessary. Instead, I'd rather have some songs that aren't on the CD.

Again, they could charge for this - hook it up with iTunes or whatever and get it going. They could even associate this with charity!

If I'm disappointed at all right now, it's not in the set list of the CD's, but the fact that they aren't capitalizing on the songs that aren't included.

Hm, not a bad setlist, I expected it to be a bit different. Of course there is some stuff missing and I'm sure everyone has some lack of songs to be pissed about, there are some I would have liked to hear, too. I would have prefered Hold Me over Ultraviolet and more NLOTH songs, especially the title track, BUT I still think it's a good set list. U2.com really did their job this time.

LOVE that they start with Bad, and LOVE that AIWIY plus Love Rescue Me will be on it, as well as Zooropa and some of the AB songs, also LOVE Out of Control and One Tree Hill. Actually very good choices.

But, of course, those who want to bitch about this will bitch about it anyway, so there's no way U2 can make everyone happy.

And I love the fact that it's not that easy to blame U2 or U2.com for any disappointment because in the end it's the fans that voted. Democracy, bitches :rockon:

I think it's pretty sensible to assume that most fans voted for the songs that U2 played most on tour and not for some of the obscure songs that only a few of the voters have actually heard live.

YBR was a total snooze fest, I am pretty glad they didn't include that, and ES was quite bad, too, though I was excited hearing it live in Milan.

What bothers me a bit is the lack of Miss Sarajevo. I would have prefered it over WOWY by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom