New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm content with this tracklisting. By my count, half of the album is stuff that is somewhat rare live material (Ultraviolet, All I Want is You/Love Rescue Me, One Tree Hill, Bad, NLOTH, etc). Not surprised about the hits -- they come with the territory -- but they're nicely interspersed with rarer stuff.

I would happily swap One, Elevation, WOWY and MoS for live versions of Breathe, Unknown Caller, Electrical Storm and HMTMKMKM. The rest is ok- I suppose you can’t please everyone!
Possible tracklist order?
1. Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. The Fly
3. Magnificent
4. Beautiful Day
5. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For
6. One Tree Hill
7. No Line On the Horizon
8. Until The End Of The World
9. The Unforgettable Fire
10. City Of Blinding Lights
11. Elevation
12. Walk On
13. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
14. Zooropa
15. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
16. Bad
17. Where The Streets Have No Name

18. One 3.1%
19. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
20. With Or Without You
21. Moment of Surrender
22. Out Of Control

This actually a generous move by U2. I suppose some fans would feel that the next logical move would be to be able to pick setlists but I would be against it. I really don't know how U2 muster the wherewithal to play the same tracks in a live setting for 25 years. The boredom factor is very high.

i'll take a stab at it too:

1. Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. The Fly
3. Until The End Of The World
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
8. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
9. No Line On The Horizon
10. Elevation
11. One Tree Hill
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. Zooropa
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Bad
16. Walk On
17. One
18. Where The Streets Have No Name
19. Ultraviolet
20. With Or Without You
21. Moment Of Surrender
22. Out Of Control

I'm relieved that we can watch the poll right up to the end on this. It was a good move on the site's part not to follow through on making any of this a secret. I hope it ends in a few hours. I don't like watching the song No Line suffer as it hangs on to the last spot. End it now.

13 of my picks might make it. A 59% approval rating. Things could of been worse.

If it stays as is 15 of my picks will make it. Not bad!

No Line you must hang on!
tinypriest.gif

15? That is a 68% rating! A really good cd mix.

Thanks, 68% does seem pretty good! I picked a mix of the rarities (so there are songs I'm sad won't be on there :() But I also chose some favorites which I truly felt they performed awesomely this tour, and deserved to represent 360 on CD. I'm just really worried about No Line hanging on the bottom like that. If that one doesn't make it I will be devastated. :sad:

They're extending the voting?? Nooooo!

Now NLOTH needs to hold on for a few more days.

It looks pretty.

u22_discs.jpg

That does look nice! :drool:

As much as we can complain about the result of the fan voting, for U2.com's part this is a pretty sweet subscriber gift...probably the best one in a while. Looks like they've put some good effort into making it nice.

That does look nice! :drool:

As much as we can complain about the result of the fan voting, for U2.com's part this is a pretty sweet subscriber gift...probably the best one in a while. Looks like they've put some good effort into making it nice.

Absolutely :up:

I wonder why they are extending the voting though.

Here we go... :doh:
They changed the rules today so another "classic" has time to slip in. :angry:

You honestly believe that?

You think they were looking at the current results and thought: "oh dear god no, No Line On The Horizon is making the cut, we have to prevent this!!"

I don't think they really care. I think the current result is a decent mix between classic songs, new songs, and some rare songs. Don't see why u2.com would be unhappy about this.

They probably saw that there were still a lot of people voting in the last few days, so that's why they extended the deadline.

A lot of people seem to think u2.com is run by people who are hell bent on screwing the "real" U2 fans.
They're not, they're just incompetent.

That being said, i'm gonna be disappointed if No Line doesn't make the cut..

Is it really possible to vote multiple times? When I tried I got the message that my vote was already recorded.

Yup. I deleted all cookies and temporary internet files and it let me vote again.

So we can vote agian, but we don't know if they actually count that 2nd vote.
Or maybe it overwrites your previous vote...

It'd be moronic if everyone can just vote an unlimited number of times..

They can't be that stupid...... right.... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom