New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have emailed them a couple of times regarding downloading the tracks that don't make the cut, no response, has anyone heard anything about this, damn shame if we can't get electrical storm and hold me kill me, from my own selfish view, hold me was great on the tour, never got to see the other live, what are the chances?

I don't see why they can't offer the left out songs on iTunes as individual downloads like the Achtung Baby covers. Or offer it as an all or nothing bundle, fans will buy it. I know I would.

I'm confused as to what exactly the percentages represent, since people have multiple votes.

Yes, they have multiple votes, but that doesn't really matter, since one person can not for a particular song more then once.

So if there have been 10.000 people voting, the difference i mentioned before is only 7 people...

YES!!!! Another version of One. And another version of WOWY.
Two songs that have progressively got worse each tour. Perfect. :angry:

Why?

Yes, they have multiple votes, but that doesn't really matter, since one person can not for a particular song more then once.

But what do the percentages mean? Surely more than 3.32% of people voted for Bad with one of their votes. I don't even think the winning song having only 3.32% of votes is mathematically possible when people have 22 votes and 46 options.

Amount votes for a song divided by total amount of votes.

It's normal that the percentages are low when people have multiple votes. I also don't think you have to vote for 22 though I'm not sure about that.

Amount votes for a song divided by total amount of votes.

That is not possible given the percentages. Add up all the percentages and they equal 100% (off by 0.05%, but that's probably just because of rounding). That wouldn't be achievable if they were adding number of total votes (all 22 votes per person) for each song and dividing it by the total. Bad would probably have more like 30%.

Maybe everyone on here should bombard U2.com with emails requesting the availability of the rare tracks to buy. Surely they will see its a way of making a little bit more $$ and oblige us...??

That is not possible given the percentages. Add up all the percentages and they equal 100% (off by 0.05%, but that's probably just because of rounding). That wouldn't be achievable if they were adding number of total votes (all 22 votes per person) for each song and dividing it by the total. Bad would probably have more like 30%.

... why wouldn't it be achievable? they're saying that all of the Bad votes equal 3.whatever % of all of the total votes. i'm confused :scratch:

Of course that's possible. If someone votes for Bad and 21 other songs, Bad only gets 4.5%.

If they didn't add up to 100% something would be terribly wrong......

So, let's have a vote.

Only 2 people can vote. They can both cast 2 votes, on either option A, B, C or D.

Person 1 votes 2 times, one vote for A and one vote for C.
Person 2 votes 2 times, one vote for A and one vote for B.

So, we have a total of 4 votes, and here are the percentages:

A 50%
B 25%
C 25%
D 25%

The is exactly how the u22 vote works, only with a lot more voters, a lot more votes per person, and a whopping 46 options.

No, ignore what I said, I'm an idiot sometimes. I realized just after posting it that I had a completely distorted picture of what was happening in my head, but I was driving it at the time, so I couldn't correct it. Sorry guys.

But what do the percentages mean? Surely more than 3.32% of people voted for Bad with one of their votes. I don't even think the winning song having only 3.32% of votes is mathematically possible when people have 22 votes and 46 options.

Let's say that 10.000 people have voted.

They all have 22 votes, so the total number of votes is 10.000 x 22 = 220.000

Bad has 3,32% x 220.000 = 7.304 votes.

So this means that 7.304 out of 10.000 people have voted for Bad...

I now realize that earlier calculations of me is this tread are also wrong...

If 10.000 people voted then the difference between No Line On the Horizon 2.27% Mysterious Ways 2.24% is actually 66 voters.

1. Bad 3.32%
2. Where The Streets Have No Name 3.23%
3. Magnificent 3.19%
4. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.13%
5. One 3.1%
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing 2.91%
7. With Or Without You 2.81%
8. Beautiful Day 2.79%
9. The Unforgettable Fire 2.67%
10. Moment of Surrender 2.66%
11. City Of Blinding Lights 2.64%
12. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.62%
13. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.6%
14. Until The End Of The World 2.54%
15. One Tree Hill 2.39%
16. The Fly 2.34%
17. Walk On 2.33%
18. Zooropa 2.31%
19. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.31%
20. Elevation 2.3%
21. Out Of Control 2.3%
22. No Line On the Horizon 2.27%
====================================================================
23. Mysterious Ways 2.24%
24. 40 2.23%
25. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.23%
26. Vertigo 2.22%
27. I Will Follow 2.15%
28. Sunday Bloody Sunday 2.1%
29. Pride (In the Name of Love) 2.07%
30. New Year’s Day 2.05%
31. Breathe 2.05%
32. Electrical Storm 2.02%
33. Miss Sarajevo 1.92%
34. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.88%
35. Unknown Caller 1.73%
36. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.58%
37. In A Little While 1.55%
38. Get On Your Boots 1.52%
39. Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.42%
40. Desire 1.36%
41. Spanish Eyes 1.32%
42. Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.26%
43. Your Blue Room 1.18%
44. Party Girl 1.17%
45. Angel Of Harlem 1.04%
46. Scarlet 0.97%

Elevation has now overtaken OOC and NLOTH... :doh:

ramblin rose said:
Elevation has now overtaken OOC and NLOTH... :doh:

I love Elevation, but goddamn, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN?!?!

Lets look. Since 2001, U2 have released 5 concert videos (Milan included). Elevation has been on all 5. :doh:

Surely it's a sign of a forthcoming apocalypse. :panic:

plus i mean, say what you want about the song itself, but it's not like it's wildly changed from tour to tour. yet to even compare it to the song at #23, mysterious ways, that sounds different than it has on previous tours. most people would say that's a bad thing, but still, it's not like it sounds the same as it did on zoo tv or something.

If there is one song that I really love, it is 40. But even as an ardent fan, it shouldn't have made it because it wasn't really indicative of the tour. I would have hoped that a CD that reflected the tour.

Who knows, didn't U2.com say that they were going to skew the results so fans wouldn't know what was actually going to be on the final product?

Who knows, didn't U2.com say that they were going to skew the results so fans wouldn't know what was actually going to be on the final product?

I don't think they said that. The conspiracy theorists here put that thought out there. Elevation jumping into the line up makes me go :hmm: Not as much if PITNOL suddenly jumped up there! :yikes:

I think they did say that we would not be able to see the results after the first week so it was secret. But it appears we are obviously still able to see the results.

It is not an awful two disc set if it stays in its current form. If U2 had come out with this setlist without fan involvement I would have said they did alright. But with the fans having a say, it could have contained so much more material that would have had more value for most diehards. So it is obviously a squandered oppurtunity by the fans and disappointing in that regard.

If there is one song that I really love, it is 40. But even as an ardent fan, it shouldn't have made it because it wasn't really indicative of the tour. I would have hoped that a CD that reflected the tour.

One Tree Hill and OOC were not indicative of this tour either.

1. Bad 3.32%
2. Where The Streets Have No Name 3.23%
3. Magnificent 3.19%
4. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.13%
5. One 3.1%
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing 2.91%
7. With Or Without You 2.81%
8. Beautiful Day 2.79%
9. The Unforgettable Fire 2.67%
10. Moment of Surrender 2.66%
11. City Of Blinding Lights 2.64%
12. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.62%
13. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.6%
14. Until The End Of The World 2.54%
15. One Tree Hill 2.39%
16. The Fly 2.34%
17. Walk On 2.33%
18. Zooropa 2.31%
19. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.31%
20. Elevation 2.3%
21. Out Of Control 2.3%
22. No Line On the Horizon 2.27%

Could have been worse. Zoo TV part 2.0 nostalgia is here, OUC, OTH, AIWIY/Love rescue me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom