New U2.com offer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it is! In fact a lot of what she's done in the last decade is quite amazing. faith & Courage is so under rated. I've tracked down just about every note she's sung. She has a lot of non album stuff floating around out there. My other hope is that Lanois would do a whole album with her ala EmmyLou Harris.

This really makes me reflect on the whole 360 cycle:

Not only did U2 play Zooropa, Electrical Sotrm, Your Blue Room, Love Rescue Me, HMTMKMKM, Scarlet, EBTTRT and a swathe of other rare and unplayed songs during 360, giving an unprecedented airing to the non-warhorse back catalogue, but they released incredible sound quality recordings of them to the fans.

With all the grief we give them for beating the hell out of IALW, and U2.com for their general ineptitude, Edge's Picks, U22 and the bonus downloads are an incredible way to remember an incredible tour. I feel very privileged to be a U2 fan right now.

Thanks to all involved.

agreed- I thought 360 was a great tour- loved every minute of it. Unlike some I'm not bothered about IALW. Equally pleased that we've got 43 great sounding recordings from the tour as well

Would like to add my thanks to those involved

Do we know where No Line On The Horizon & Pride is from?

I've seen someone say that Pride is from August 03, 2009: Gelsenkirchen, Germany at Veltins Arena. And someone else indicated that NLOTH is from August 20, 2009: Sheffield, England at Don Valley Stadium, but that was based more on the U22 voting snippet was tagged to that concert.
So these are 2 guesses, I don't know their accuracy.

I've seen someone say that Pride is from August 03, 2009: Gelsenkirchen, Germany at Veltins Arena. And someone else indicated that NLOTH is from August 20, 2009: Sheffield, England at Don Valley Stadium, but that was based more on the U22 voting snippet was tagged to that concert.
So these are 2 guesses, I don't know their accuracy.

Cheers, I guess I can try and verify that later...

at some point...

I guess I would sum it up this way.

I would give the U2 fan club "gifts" over the last 2 years a very solid A. Whereas previously it was a B- at best and usually a C or in the case of Duals a D effort. It was SO close to an A+ though. Why didn't they just release all the tracks either on the CD or download? We still missed 2 very good ones in favor (IE Stingray and Mothers) over yet ANOTHER release of Crazy Tonight, Vertigo, NYD, etc..

Getting greedy I know, but I never thought they would get so close to it and then not follow through 100%. I do however hope the A effort is a sign of things to come.

I guess I would sum it up this way.

I would give the U2 fan club "gifts" over the last 2 years a very solid A. Whereas previously it was a B- at best and usually a C or in the case of Duals a D effort. It was SO close to an A+ though. Why didn't they just release all the tracks either on the CD or download? We still missed 2 very good ones in favor (IE Stingray and Mothers) over yet ANOTHER release of Crazy Tonight, Vertigo, NYD, etc..

Getting greedy I know, but I never thought they would get so close to it and then not follow through 100%. I do however hope the A effort is a sign of things to come.

I think they'll release them eventually. I guessed U2 would release the extra tracks with U22 w/ the book release and they did.

My take is they've spent time & $ mastering these tracks. To me this is the best sounding U2 Live CD ever. Every track is mixed very clean/pristine. It seems U2 likes releasing bonus downloads to give us something & I see that trend continuing.

I can see an email coming out about a unreleased track, 'Stingray..' or another email about the night they played 'Mothers..'. They'll come :)

Even though it is not the version of Crazy that I had hoped for (a 7th leg take), I had a big grin and got into it with the Bowie snippet of "Lets Dance" tagged in the intro. Bowie snippets always goes well with U2. Beautiful Day - Space Oddity. :drool:

Yes it is! In fact a lot of what she's done in the last decade is quite amazing. faith & Courage is so under rated. I've tracked down just about every note she's sung. She has a lot of non album stuff floating around out there. My other hope is that Lanois would do a whole album with her ala EmmyLou Harris.

Oh god yes, that would be amazing!

I recently picked up a bunch of her albums (I'd only had the first two for a long time), and was really impressed with Universal Mother. And of course her debut still holds up amazingly well.

Anyway.

Listened to Edge's Picks this morning. That's some quality stuff right there.

Fanfire hasn't been around for a while, has it? Hasn't it been Live Nation since ... uh .... whenever they joined up with Live Nation?

The musictoday thing must just be their notification service or something. My package definitely said it came from "Live Nation."

just got the email- mine'[s been shipped as well (I'm in the UK)- it took about a week last time so should turn up around new year

playing it whilst (in theory) cleaning the house- sounds great- especially YBR and HMKMKM

honestly, i've never been a big fan of HMTMKMKM... but holy crap this version rules:rockon:

it's just so damn raunchy

I got an e-mail 3 weeks ago telling me it's been shipped, but still nothing. The tracking number in the e-mail isn't even a number and doesn't work.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yea they don't work for foreign stuff, the response I got when I complained where my stuff was literally said that. "They don't supply shipping numbers for international shipping".

Then what the fuck is that number you gave me for? :doh:

But good news, my hoodie finally arrived. After 17 days of shipping. Well at least it's faster than the 24 days MusicToday estimated. :crack: So the subscription package was shipped the 15th, so that should arrive on New Year's Day... oh that would be SO ironic.

Did you folks all renew in the first week?

I didn't pay until over Thanksgiving weekend, so I haven't received a shipping notice yet.

Did you folks all renew in the first week?

I didn't pay until over Thanksgiving weekend, so I haven't received a shipping notice yet.

I think I renewed the day after they announced it (I was going to wait a couple of weeks and I barely made it 24 hours) and I just got my shipping notice this past Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom