New Lithographs on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I FINALLY got my Litograph today! I totally didn't expect it! :love: it's so pretty!
Number 243, odd seeing how I orderedit only a day after it appeared on the website!

:drool: I'm gonna get it framed tomorrow.

Little test before I put up pics of my new framed litho...

DSC01055.jpg

I don't have the money to buy a frame. I'm saving up for spending money when I go to Dublin in July. I'll get one after I come back

That is the one I got. I can't wait to frame it and put it up. For now it is rolled up in the tube it came in

U2 Lithographs

Can anyone explain to me about these lithographs available from u2.com?

i dont really know what they are. Is is a picture mounted on metal? a picture itched (carved) into metal?
Are they designed to be hung on a wall?

anyone have one and think it's worth the 100 bucks?

basically a lithograph is an expensive poster . It's processed through a machine I guess you could call it a printing press , each litho is run through the press multiple times adding a different color each time .

If you have either the The Joshua Tree remaster or The Unforgettable Fire remaster they look very much like the picture postcards included , the lithos have that same matt finish .

Are they worth $100 bucks ? yes , if you love the print .

By the way there is no metal , and they are meant to be framed and hung , sadly I don't have mine framed , framing is quite costly .

Mine is framed now, but not on the wall yet. I'll take a picture once it hangs. :)

It's indeed a pressed poster-ish, and it's not posted on regular paper either. It's really more like a beautiful painting! For me the Sandymount Beach one was definitely worth it. I'd loved to get the Electrical Storm one too, but that was sold out ages ago.

so is it large like a typical poster size? and if so, is it rolled up to be shipped to you?

or is it a small postcard type size?

EDIT: oh, i just saw the pics above. looks classic poster size to me....

Is the blue-ish beach one still available? I see it on u2.com as a set of 4 only. but not available on its own? did it just newly go out of stock?

have you ever seen them be re-stocked? or new prints added all the time?

I'm not sure if i should wait and see what becomes available, or act now to make sure i get a decent picture....

Is the blue-ish beach one still available? I see it on u2.com as a set of 4 only. but not available on its own? did it just newly go out of stock?

I'm not sure if i should wait and see what becomes available, or act now to make sure i get a decent picture....

They are a large poster size. The blue one did sell out, pretty quickly I believe, and they do not make them available again because they are numbered prints. There are only a set number of each one, which is what makes them valuable later on. They do however add new different prints often. Usually with each new album release, including collections and remasters, so you might want to wait and see what they have coming up for either a new album or the AB remaster. :drool:

I imagine that UF print(s) might be available in the next couple of weeks. Something that ships in time for the holidays. I don't know if they'll do 4 separate prints like the Joshua Tree, but I'm sure a new one will be offered.

Yes, the blue Sandymount Beach was the first of the No Line ones to be taken off the site. They've been gone for a while now, unless you purchase the set of 4.

It was sold out after a week. I was super glad I ordered mine in time, I ordered a DAY after it had gone up for sale, and mine is number 243/500, so yeah, they were gone fast.

If you see one you want, it's best to get it now. But if you're not sure whether you want it, pehaps it's beter to wait to see what'll come up.

Waiting for AB remaster yeah. :drool:

I'm sure there will be at least 4 AB ones to pick from when that hits. Curious to see which photos will be used (other than the album cover).

Yep are you waiting for that one too? :drool: I've already got the JT one up in my living room, but if there is a nice AB lithograph I may need to make some room around here... :shifty:

Saving my U2.com discount coupon for it! I really hope they're using that anton pic with the whole band and Bono in the colourful sleeveless tshirt. That would look awesome on my wall!
Otherwise, yeah, uh, anything would be good. It's AB! :lol:

1)how do they ship them to you? rolled up like a poster?

2) where on it is the limited edition number?

3) when are you expecting the AB ones to be released? for no line, were they release when the album was released? a bit later in time? I dont recall hearing an exact date for AB remaster yet......

3) when are you expecting the AB ones to be released? for no line, were they release when the album was released? a bit later in time? I dont recall hearing an exact date for AB remaster yet......

1) Yes, in a very safe heavy duty cardboard tube (larger than your average poster tube)

2) Mine is framed so I can't remember where exactly now but I think it was on a bottom corner? Can someone else help here please?
But they also send you a postcard type certificate of authenticity with numbers penciled in. Mine is a black card with a gold joshua tree and U2 logo stuff on it and 190/500 written on it. I'm guessing each set has similar cards.

Third question, I'm sorry I don't remember and I'm not sure.

1)Rolled up in a thick round poster container.

2)the number is on the bottom right side, not on the lito itself but on the 'frame' that surrounds it.

3) Nothing official, but expectations are pretty obviously november 2011 as it marks the 20 year anniversary.

My Sandymount Beach lithograph is still rolled up and in the tube it came in. I still don't have a frame for it. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom