New Coldplay - "Mylo Xyloto", Oct 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper: Can't wait. I'm in the minority in thinking that ETIAW is a good song. :reject:

Oh, and I'm loving the album cover:
Coldplay-Mylo-Xyloto.jpg

Digging it. Looks like a huge mess, though. :wink:

I'm looking forward to hearing this. The only new track I've heard is Every Teardrop etc, and while I didn't think much of it at first, I like it now.

Their only album I haven't really liked so far is X&Y, so I have high hopes for this one.

Agree, X&Y is not one of my favorites. For me, I wonder if this one will top the Viva La Vida / Prospekt's March era (my favorite Coldplay album/EP so far). Should be an interesting record.

I found Rainbow's Waterfall really cheesy and bad, but, on the other hand, I found Major Minus pretty catchy and yet interesting. I hope the album goes on to the vein of the second one.

I don't hate Every Canyon is a Valley of Golden Dreams, but peef wellington summed it up well - that main riff, the one lifted straight from that Ritmo de la Noche song, is aggressively annoying.

33lnqro.jpg

"In Rainbows" doesn't stink of trying too hard to be opaque like Radiohead the way "Mylo Zyloto" does though.

Repulsively pretentious album title, and it's a great shame that Teardropz = Waterfails is gonna feature on the album, even if it isn't a totally poor song.

The album will probably be fantastic though. It's Coldplay, so consider me hyped.

Three of their four albums are largely fantastic, so yeah, I can't wait. Even X&Y, for all its obvious problems, had some good tunes on it. Square One, Speed of Sound, Low, Fix You...

This album title sounds like The Police :shifty:

I think I might actually buy this. I've never been too into Coldplay, but ETIAW actually got me hooked. I think it's a great song. :whistle: The cover artwork is really nice- looks vaguely like Achtung Baby to me.

BlueSilkenSky said:
This album title sounds like The Police :shifty:

I think I might actually buy this. I've never been too into Coldplay, but ETIAW actually got me hooked. I think it's a great song. :whistle: The cover artwork is really nice- looks vaguely like Achtung Baby to me.

Mylo Xyloto > Zenyatta Mondatta :lol:

Yeah, the artwork doesn't remind me much of Achtung Baby but it's interesting. :shifty:

ETIAW is a good song, starting to like it much more now. Need to hear Major Minus as I haven't heard it yet.

I already don't like the title and the artwork but I'm still excited for the album. Every song I've heard so far, other than the single, is pretty good.

I'm probably one of the few on here who thinks Viva La Vida is their best album so I hope they'll keep improving.

Talk about your coincidences, I didn't know they had an album coming out and I've been playing all their albums in the car this week. And I've really gotten into X & Y, there are some good songs that have worn well: Square One, X & Y, Low.

Looking forward to this, and yes I do like Every Teardrop, so sue me. :)

I'm probably one of the few on here who thinks Viva La Vida is their best album so I hope they'll keep improving.

You're not the only one. :wave: :wink:

Glad to see people mentioning Square One. It's one of my favourites.

Great song on X&Y as well. I have high hopes for this album, and hoping Major Minus is on the tracklisting (starting to like it).

Gonna have to add to the Viva La Vida love. Fantastic album.
Yes into Chinese Sleep Chant...:drool:

Yeah, so I'm wondering if this new song will be on the album:

Not gonna lie, I like it.
From the sound of one of the interviews, it's a candidate for the album, but definitely not a lock. At the very least, I imagine a studio version would be released as a B-side, like what they did with Moving To Mars.

The improvement from X&Y to VLV is staggering. I think, if you concentrated all of the negative aspects of Viva La Vida into 5 minutes, the result could never be as obnoxious, overblown and insipid as Fix You. Swallowed In The Sea is somehow even worse.

The improvement from X&Y to VLV is staggering. I think, if you concentrated all of the negative aspects of Viva La Vida into 5 minutes, the result could never be as obnoxious, overblown and insipid as Fix You. Swallowed In The Sea is somehow even worse.

Viva is very similar to No Line, in my opinion: some very strong tunes, but uneven and unable to fulfill the "reinvention" braggadocio that preceded it. But I need to disagree with you about Swallowed in the Sea being worse than Fix You. The latter is one of the most sophomoric, unbearably maudlin songs that I have ever heard. I do, however, enjoy most of X&Y.

I truly do not believe there is a bad song on Viva La Vida. I think there are a few tracks that aren't all that melodically interesting and float on by without sticking with you (Cemeteries of London, Violet Hill, Death And All His Friends), but most of it is bombastic fun that shows a level of confidence and instrumental sophistication I hadn't expected from them.

The only reason I don't mind ETIAW now is simply by force of having to hear it on the radio 70 times per day. I don't ever stop on it, really, but I get enough five second helpings of it that I hear it at least once a day.

This is why I stopped listening to most radio stations yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaars ago.

It took me going to see Weezer a couple weeks ago to hear 'Pumped Up Kicks' for the very first time. Apparently it is played on the radio a lot. I had no idea until Weezer covered it in their show. (Which was fantastic, btw, and perfectly fit into their set . . . . UNLIKE 'Paranoid Android', which they also covered the same night and which COMPLETELY KILLED the momentum and joy of their entire show. And I LOVE Radiohead more than any band, save U2.)

I don't like Yes much. I won't hear a bad word about Death And All His Friends, that chorus is thrilling.

And I really, really want to hate Fix You. I do. I don't love it, but I can't hate it and it was really good live. What If is another good one.

I don't like Yes much. I won't hear a bad word about Death And All His Friends, that chorus is thrilling.

And I really, really want to hate Fix You. I do. I don't love it, but I can't hate it and it was really good live. What If is another good one.

Yes is not that good, but not bad. It's boring listening to it sometimes, but I never skip it. That's because it segues into Chinese Sleep Chant (hidden track I presume). :drool: Death And All His Friends is pure greatness. Would like to add that "42" is an epic track as well, in my opinion.

I love Fix You, that's my favorite off of X&Y. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom