New Album Rumors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono and Edge said it's coming soon, Adam said they've got "another album in them" and Lillywhite talked about songs on the new album, specifically Northern Star (about Johnny Cash).

dunno i heard they were only strating to talk about it now, and they're in no rush. twas in an interview before croke park

Zooropa was good, lets hope U2 do a second Zooropa but spend a little more time on it 10 weeks lets say, and remember U2 true perfection has to be imperfect.

I believe we'll get a new album in 2006...let's just hope that this time they'll be satisfied with the 'first' takes and not feel the need to redo the whole thing again like it happened with HTDAAB, so it won't take them that long.

wild honey 7 said:
I believe we'll get a new album in 2006...let's just hope that this time they'll be satisfied with the 'first' takes and not feel the need to redo the whole thing again like it happened with HTDAAB, so it won't take them that long.

No kidding! Don't let Larry hear the songs. Just tell him what drums to hit where and otherwise lock him in a closet with ear plugs until the release date.

bono_man2002 said:

Yes, as well as Boy , October and War which all came out within 3 years.....Now we get one new album per four years.

:huh:

Point is, it was recorded mid tour. When this tour started their were comments from band members that would lead some to believe they may try this again.

for Zooropa they had more than a 2 month beak between tour legs

they dont have thta kind of free time this time

i would highly doubt we see an album in 2006

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:huh:

Point is, it was recorded mid tour. When this tour started their were comments from band members that would lead some to believe they may try this again.

Yeah, I'm not saying its out of the question, and I would love to see it happen. It just seems a bit unlikley to me.

If they do it though, hopefully they tour again the countries that miss out on the new songs (like America with Zooropa)

Hope thats not to far off track...its 2:30am :)

The tour will be over before the beginning of 2006. So imagine two months off, three months in the studio, album released by late summer 2006, tour in the fall of Australia and Japan.

the tourist said:
The tour will be over before the beginning of 2006. So imagine two months off, three months in the studio, album released by late summer 2006, tour in the fall of Australia and Japan.

But there is talk of an Aussie Tour in January next year, Unless it changes, I hope not :). (more time to save, If it is Nov. '06)

liamcool said:
YEAH! WE GET THE NEW MATERIAL AGAIN! Haha, you American's might get two legs, but we get all the new material. *dances*

Okay, so that post has no sanity because it's 2:30am and I'm on a caffeine high.

I just cant sleep :(

hey i'd love to see an album in 2006, but i just dont think the current U2 is capable of that

when they released ATYCLB they talked about releasing a quick follow up to capitalize on its success, and we all know how that turned out

liamcool said:
Apparently you were wrong. Hell, what do we know? They still could have been used for recording that we just don't know about.

Just think, U2 on a little analog 8-track mixer in a hotel room for the next album. :drool:

Featuring: MR. THE EDGE ON ACOUSTIC FOUR STRING GUITAR! MR. ADAM CLAYTON ON VOCALS! MR. LARRY MULLEN JR. ON OVENTURNED TRASH CAN! MR. BONO VOX ON TELEPHONE TO BILL CLINTON! (also featuring Brian Eno on security cameras and Daniel Lanois on room service)

Back
Top Bottom