New album in the works while in NZ and Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Sacred Heart of Malibu will include the line "Keep your ugly, goldbricking ass out of my beach community."

sky-is-falling.jpg

So, my theory about North Star and EBW being finished to the point where they no longer need to road test them may be bigus wit NS being played last night...

So, my theory about North Star and EBW being finished to the point where they no longer need to road test them may be bigus wit NS being played last night...

Or maybe U2 make all of their critical decisions by consulting The Slow Loris, hence their radical unpredictability.

Yeah, there was a thread about that cover some months ago. I think the majority of people commenting on it liked it.

I hope the new album is more experimental than the last. NLOTH was a step in the right direction, but they need to get even more progressive.

I hope the new album is more experimental than the last. NLOTH was a step in the right direction, but they need to get even more progressive.

I think, if they stick with Danger Mouse and even Will.i.am, and don't get scared and go running back to Lillywhite, then you might be in luck :D

The worrisome part of recent U2 albums has been the end of the recording. The whole rush to safety that we've seen with HTDAAB and NLoTH.

This polishing seems to lead to homogenization, as though the band feels the need to make it more "safe".

Well, I was incredibly pleased with NLOTH. If they make an album even half as good as that album, we're all in luck.

That being said, I hope that they move fast and don't delay it too long.

I think it's safe to say that the new U2 album will be delayed even longer if Bono and The Edge are going to focus so much time on helping improve the Spider Man music for its February 2011 opening. It's said Tamor wants them to help rewrite the songs.

I think it's safe to say that the new U2 album will be delayed even longer if Bono and The Edge are going to focus so much time on helping improve the Spider Man music for its February 2011 opening. It's said Tamor wants them to help rewrite the songs.

I think it's safe to say that you haven't read the Spiderman thread, this issue has been discussed in there and there is nothing that leads us to think this will delay the album(according to the last piece of information we receivied).

i don't know that Spiderman will directly delay the album, but in general i don't have a very good feeling that they'll get it out before the US tour.

if we don't hear anything by 1/31/11, there's not going to be an album. Of course i could be very wrong, but in this day and age we usually hear about an album at least three months in advance, and the single shortly after that.

I don't know what to make of U2 not really playing any new songs down under. Bono commented that they wanted to play a bunch of new tunes when they start up the tour there, but so far we've seen Mercy and North Star right? I don't even recall any sounchecking of new songs (besides BFFTS).

So with this, I'm wondering if they are having doubts about the songs. No confidence in playing them live (Adam's comment about not getting up to get popcorn cause a new song might be played).

So right now, my own personal guess, 10% chance we get new album in 2011

if we don't hear anything by 1/31/11, there's not going to be an album. Of course i could be very wrong, but in this day and age we usually hear about an album at least three months in advance, and the single shortly after that.

I don't know what to make of U2 not really playing any new songs down under. Bono commented that they wanted to play a bunch of new tunes when they start up the tour there, but so far we've seen Mercy and North Star right? I don't even recall any sounchecking of new songs (besides BFFTS).

So with this, I'm wondering if they are having doubts about the songs. No confidence in playing them live (Adam's comment about not getting up to get popcorn cause a new song might be played).

So right now, my own personal guess, 10% chance we get new album in 2011

I actually think u2 not playing new songs, despite being annoying for us, is actually a promising sign - i'd guess that the new tracks they were playing in Europe over the summer were songs they were testing out on the audience, hence why they dropped some and introduced others... Experimenting with new songs was to me a sign they were unsure what to do next.

I think, therefore, that u2 ceasing tour debuts, announcing projects and producers, and repeatedly reporting working on albums is a sign that they in fact know what they're doing, and instead of 'testing the waters' via the audiences reaction, are knuckling down and are actually finishing an album. I'd guess that they don't want to ruin the surprise of any new songs, and don't want the release of any debuted songs (e.g. Every Breaking Wave) to be fresh in the memory of the public before they're released. Hell, said songs could be being completely reworked by Danger Mouse, and thus they won't/can't play them live in such a transitional period.

I think Paul McGuiness saying they're working to finish the album in australia is a better sign than them just playing Glastonbury or Mercy (both 'rejects' in a sense that they were meant for somewhere else/could be considered a 'sorry' for cancellation dates) in terms of a new album soon :)

there is a 100% chance we have an album in 2011. DM doesn't work that long on a project.

if i am wrong, i will remove my account from interference.

I really hope you're right!!!!!
But then again, this IS u2 - they might simply force Danger Mouse to work longer, or if DM tries to twist their arm to release what they've got, simply 'Rick Rubin' him :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom