New Album in 2007 - atu2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While in Sarajevo this week (see item below), Bono announced to Bosnian TV that the band plans to release a new album next year. He also put the cliché police on red alert with the standard comments about what Edge is doing these days.

"I would like to think that we're doing our best work now. We're about to make a new album for next year, and it's the most important thing. We like being in a room with each other. We like playing. Something happens when we play, we have some sort of chemistry. And Edge, right now, is on fire. He's really rockin'. He's playing guitar like I've never seen him playing guitar. So, I like to think that the best is yet to come."

ChangeTheTemperature said:
Something happens when we play, we have some sort of chemistry. And Edge, right now, is on fire. He's really rockin'. He's playing guitar like I've never seen him playing guitar. So, I like to think that the best is yet to come.

:yawn:

:combust: :hyper: Thanks! Can hardly wait!

Interview from atu2: rtsp://195.222.58.181:7070/ftv/sff0821.rm

The Edge is on fire. He's rocking. It's the best he's ever been.

Priceless! He took the words right out of our mouths.

t8thgr8 said:
what exactly does he mean by hes the best hes ever SEEN him play guitar?

shouldnt he be saying hear? :huh:

Bono isn't blind ... he can watch Edge play.

Axver said:

Bono isn't blind ... he can watch Edge play.

why do you think he wears sunglasses all of the time???

blindbonolh9.jpg

Let's see, Thanksgiving in the US is Thursday, November 22, 2007 which means that the Friday after Thanksgiving is November 23, 2007. Which is typically the biggest shopping day of the year in which people mindlessly purchase all things new and shiny in a desperate attempt to make themselves and their extended network of friends and family feel that they have the latest must- have of the season.
Therefore...
release date of yet untitled new u2 album is Tuesday, November 20, 2007

mark your date books now

Bono, please don't say you're making punk rock from Venus again. Please.

"Punk Rock From Venus" was describing the original sessions. You know, the ones that were scrapped?

He wasn't desribing the HTDAAB we got, so stop saying that he was blatantly lying, because he clearly wasn't.

LemonMelon said:
"Punk Rock From Venus" was describing the original sessions. You know, the ones that were scrapped?

He wasn't desribing the HTDAAB we got, so stop saying that he was blatantly lying, because he clearly wasn't.

I'm not saying that he's lying, in the Rolling Stone interview he talked about how lighter stuff invaded the studio. I'm saying that Bono is setting up the band to repeat what happened with Bomb when he hypes up the album before they know where the album is going. Don't excite your fans and then give them below average material.

Screwtape2 said:

I'm not saying that he's lying, in the Rolling Stone interview he talked about how lighter stuff invaded the studio. I'm saying that Bono is setting up the band to repeat what happened with Bomb when he hypes up the album before they know where the album is going. Don't excite your fans and then give them below average material.

Meh. I wasn't let down in the least. I figure that if we would have gotten the Chris Thomas stuff, I would have been more let down, because, quite frankly, the alternate versions of the songs we got weren't very good. I think they did their best, and I'm glad the material was strong enough to not be ruined by production mistakes and the like (*coughAchtungBaby*cough*).

And I actually liked Lillywhite's production, though mostly because he likes to crank up the bass. :wink:

ChangeTheTemperature said:
"I would like to think that we're doing our best work now. We're about to make a new album for next year, and it's the most important thing. We like being in a room with each other. We like playing. Something happens when we play, we have some sort of chemistry. And Edge, right now, is on fire. He's really rockin'. He's playing guitar like I've never seen him playing guitar. So, I like to think that the best is yet to come."

:laugh:

I swear, that man says the same thing everytime he's interviewed about a forthcoming album. He may change the words slightly, but it's like he's got a go-to line about extraordinary sounds and Edge playing like he's never played before (which, of course, is true) and how the next album will be the Best. U2. Album. Ever.

But, I still give him the benefit of the doubt. I believe that they really are shooting for 2007 :drool:

If there is one thing to count it's that Bono's comments are never a true indicator of the material on the album. Doesn't matter, I always love the music anyway.

I hope that they do their thing and pay no mind to what fans say the new album should sound like.

The OOTS said:

2007 ends 17 months from now. :|

True, but there's NO way U2 will miss the holiday season. So that means December can be excluded. U2 are smart enough to capitalize on the Thanksgiving/Christmas boom in the U.S. So I'm thinking a ATYCLB to HTDAAB release date. In other words something either early November or right before Thanksgiving, but no later.

Of course, U2 could surprise us all and have a summer release. But given the success they've had with R&H, AB, ATYCLB, HTDAAB and both "Best Of" albums all being released before the holidays, I'm sure we'll see another release at that time as well. A spring release worked well for JT, but not so much for "Pop". Summer used to be a big music season (see "Zooropa'), but times have changed too much - often summer is now the slowest season. So I'm thinking November 2007.

Still, I sure hope U2 release a tidbit before they go back on tour this year!

Back
Top Bottom