New album: general discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the tour truly does not depend on the album one little bit.

Having said that..for some fans a new album might just in fact spur them to take in a repeat 360 show...one of my daughter's teachers (have mentioned him before)...I saw him the other day at a game and asked him if he was going to the July Toronto show and he said 'mmm nah, not like they have a new album out'. I told him they might and he had a momentary pause...

Yeah, but surely to create buzz they should release the album a few weeks before the tour starts? That way they can rehearse new songs to play live, but more importantly, the audience will recognise the new songs, instead of saying "what the hell is this? PLAY ELEVATION!"

I think they'd be wasting a great opportunity... at least for those first few NA shows..

Major platform releases for DVDs, games, albums etcetera are sometimes done on Fridays, that said I don't buy the date.

Do CD's come out the weekend earlier there before USA or is it the days after? That would mean either a May 23 or 30 release date.

may 27th is a friday... releases are normally done on monday internationally, tuesday US

Nah, nowadays releases are often on a Friday here in Europe. That way you already have a weekend (more shoppers=more sales) included. In fact, even when before releases were officially on a Monday, many shops violated the street date and started selling the albums on the Friday/Saturday.

:hmm: Friday May 27th...

:hyper:

(If the rumour is true of course)

as for the buzz angle, I think a new single would create enough buzz as it is. surely the single would be out before the rumored release date, so they'd have something on the airwaves. this is assuming, of course, that the date is true (huge assumption).

have they toured the United States at all without a single out?

Were there cases in general where amazon.com or amazon.de had future items for sale with a release date that were complete bullshit (like that HMV site)?

aren't there a few countries that have a Friday release date, though? I could have sworn there were Friday release dates for No Line.

It's a bank holiday weekend in the UK, almost everyone will have at least the Monday off although most will have the friday off as well. It's actually the day before my wedding.

If they release an album on Friday the won't get a whole week sales to go on the charts, I don't think the date is accurate, I think Amazon is listing it for the last possible date.

CDs are being released in Germany and Austria on Friday. No Line on the Horizon was released on the 27th of February 2009 on amazon.de - Friday.

If it's bogus, they thought about that.

Were there cases in general where amazon.com or amazon.de had future items for sale with a release date that were complete bullshit (like that HMV site)?

Probably, but keep in mind that amazon was (i think) the first site to report on wide awake in Europe, and that turned out to be correct - down to the date and format, so it might be quite reliable :hmm:

an album can be released any day of the week, obviously... tuesday has always been the release date in america for shipping reasons. most stores get deliveries on tuesday mornings. that's why the grocery stores in new york are always fucking empty on mondays.

obviously for major acts like u2 the recording companies and retailers can change the dates, and have change the dates in the past. it's just usually monday internationally, tuesday north america.

Project 01 is now officially titled "Neues Album". This is a confirmed rumor.

Also, U2 is now a German heavy metal band called "Künstler". Their first gig, appropriately enough, will be at Liechtenstein's famous Kunstmuseum, where they will play a 15-minute-long version of lead single "Moon Mercy."

CDs are being released in Germany and Austria on Friday. No Line on the Horizon was released on the 27th of February 2009 on amazon.de - Friday.

If it's bogus, they thought about that.

an album can be released any day of the week, obviously... tuesday has always been the release date in america for shipping reasons. most stores get deliveries on tuesday mornings. that's why the grocery stores in new york are always fucking empty on mondays.

obviously for major acts like u2 the recording companies and retailers can change the dates, and have change the dates in the past. it's just usually monday internationally, tuesday north america.

It is always Friday over here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom