NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty certain that the Celtics will win the series though. It's a split series, but the Celts have had the upper-hand with the exception of the 1st half of Game 1 and almost all of Game 3.

The Magic line-up of Lee, Pietrus, Lewis, Turkoglu, and Howard almost won them the game... and it's the best 5 players on the team right now. Hope they go back to it in Game 5.

You all know what's more embarrasing than being pushed over by a 240-pound NBA player on International TV?

Having your father exaggerate about how hurt you were in a news article that is flashed around the world calling his son a wuss

Most of those were just good hard fouls. :wink:

This kid's Dad is obviously an immense tool. If you're going to sit courtside that's the chance you take...don't like it, don't sit in the Jack seats. Whining about it displays toolness to begin with...being a Celtics fan from Jersey who then becomes a Magic fan only magnifies said toolness. Switching teams/not liking the team from where you're from = weenie...and yes, that includes Cowboys and Yankees fan Lebron James.

being a Celtics fan from Jersey who then becomes a Magic fan only magnifies said toolness. Switching teams/not liking the team from where you're from = weenie...and yes, that includes Cowboys and Yankees fan Lebron James.

I agree. That's why I laugh at all the guys walking around in Red Sox hats here in Dallas.

I agree. That's why I laugh at all the guys walking around in Red Sox hats here in Dallas.

Totally fair. Unless they're from New England. Same goes for Cowboys fans outside the great state of Texas.

The worst is when you go to a Rangers/Sox or Rangers/Yankees series at the Ballpark and you're outnumbered 3-1 by people who have never even been to Boston or New York.

Redick's been doing a good job keeping up with him all series... Pietrus as well.

Fucking choke artists.

He'll have a monster game Thursday that'll help clinch the series. Just you watch.

Since the Bulls series, the Celts MVP so far has been The Baby.

There is not now and never will be an "e" anywhere in Kirk Hinrich's name.

Also, Jack Nicholson and Jack Nicholson's daughter are really liking what they're seeing so far in Los Angeles tonight. So am I. Go Lakers.

You wanna know how to get the Rockets? They pull a Brooks, you pull a Kobe. They get a 29-point lead on you, you beat them next game by 40. That's the Laker way!

18809997.jpg

stan van gundy hasn't done a good job in late game situations thus far in this series. how on earth do you possibly set up a play, down 3, under 10 seconds, and dwight howard ends up with the ball 25 feet from the basket? either the hedgehog's lost it or his players are just completely shitting the bed when it comes to execution.

two straight plays down 3 and they can't get the ball to hedo or reddick either time. baffling.

also... the magic really miss jameer nelson. shit to my lou just doesn't cut it. what in god's name was that play down the stretch where he just threw it at the rim? was that a shot? was he trying to draw a foul? did he think howard can just catch any old shit he throws up there? that was just terrible. alston shouldn't even have the ball... get it over half court and give it to turkoglu and let him go screen/roll with howard.

Superman bellyaching about not getting the ball in the presser. I continue to be amazed at how little they go to him, but he doesn't seem to be willing or able to get to good spots either. He gets 12 feet from the basket and that's it, and while his hook is improving it's still not a particularly high-percentage shot. Plus Alston isn't particularly good at finding guys either (yes, this is where they miss Nelson). Interesting to see how it goes on Thursday...and I think there are still tickets available, I want to go.

Yeah, I miss Jameer, too. The analysts keep mentioning how "the Magic can't beat Boston without KG and Powe or whatever," but mostly fail to mention the effect that Nelson has on the team. He gives them their swagger and is a playmaker, through-and-through.

I'd rather that KG and Nelson were both in the series... I still think the Magic would've had a better shot of winning, if only to prevent the beginning of Big Baby's career. Plus, the Lewis/KG matchup is always fun to watch and Nelson would've kept Rondo in check, for sure.

stan van gundy hasn't done a good job in late game situations thus far in this series. how on earth do you possibly set up a play, down 3, under 10 seconds, and dwight howard ends up with the ball 25 feet from the basket? either the hedgehog's lost it or his players are just completely shitting the bed when it comes to execution.

two straight plays down 3 and they can't get the ball to hedo or reddick either time. baffling.

also... the magic really miss jameer nelson. shit to my lou just doesn't cut it. what in god's name was that play down the stretch where he just threw it at the rim? was that a shot? was he trying to draw a foul? did he think howard can just catch any old shit he throws up there? that was just terrible. alston shouldn't even have the ball... get it over half court and give it to turkoglu and let him go screen/roll with howard.

I thought Alston was like the greatest guy to ever come from the NBADL and former NBADL players are amazing in the NBA just like Gabe Pruitt.

Nuggets advance to the Western Conference Finals in a relatively easy game 5 victory. They look really, really good. They are fully capable of beating the Lakers.

Fantastic.

Heading to the Magic game tonight... hope they come out swinging.

Nuggets advance to the Western Conference Finals in a relatively easy game 5 victory. They look really, really good. They are fully capable of beating the Lakers.

and i really hope they do. of course, i still want Lebron to get his ring, but i'd also be ok with George Karl getting a ring. he seems like a good guy, and i liked him when he coached my miserable Bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom