NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think I agree with that.

Everyone was thinking that Bynum was going to be the missing link for the Lakers to win it, that was a joke.
I believe that the efforts of Ariza made the difference...from the outside and on the defensive end.
I would have loved to see Garnett involved, too bad. I respect him (but hate his grin).
I gotta check to see when we play the Celtics.

agree to disagree... i think the celtics would have defeated the lakers in 5, maybe 6 games with a healthy Garnett. heck, the celtics almost beat orlando as is.

I know a healthy Garnett makes a huge difference, but a healthy Nelson makes a sizable difference for the Magic, too. Not trying to make excuses, that was an excellent series. The Magic didn't get into a rhythm until Game 6 of that series, and rode that until the first game of the Finals. YIKES. The moves they made this season help them match-up better with a physical team like the Celtics, not that they can match their intensity or chemistry right now.

This is the last year for the Celts to win a title with this group, that's for sure. Who knows what happens with Rondo after this season, too.

We were just talking about that here at work, Laz. I mean, such a tremendous career, a true sports icon, and a complete fucking asshole. That shit flies when you're in uniform a lot better than when you're getting your HOF induction. Weak.

We were just talking about that here at work, Laz. I mean, such a tremendous career, a true sports icon, and a complete fucking asshole. That shit flies when you're in uniform a lot better than when you're getting your HOF induction. Weak.

I imagine there are people who think Bill Russell's a jerk too, but the difference is he actually has principles that one can admire.

I imagine there are people who think Bill Russell's a jerk too, but the difference is he actually has principles that one can admire.

Russel stood for something, despite his prickly demeanor.

Jordan stands for Jordan.

Do not get me wrong: Jordan is the best basketball player I've ever seen and I hold him in insanely high regard athletically. Just the best.

But off the court, yeah, hard to like him. I wish he was above the pettiness he displayed at his induction.

I'm gonna guess that people are way overblowing this "pettiness" and probably just don't get the man's sense of humor. Just a guess.

Mr. Jordan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I don't particularly care much for Jordan, but I've watched most of the HOF speech and I don't think it's nearly as mean-spirited as the Yahoo writer makes it out to be.

actually Jordan punched Kerr.

david faulk and phil knight's real genius came in the disgusing of the fact that michael jordan is pretty much a huge douche.

really... the fights in practice, the icing out as a rookie, the arrogance, the trash talking, the late night gambling, the rumors his baseball vacation was actually a disguised gambling suspension by david stern, the brett favre like retirements/unretirements...

yet we all still, myself include, love MJ... and ignore that he was pretty much an uberegomaniacal douche.

Surprise, surprise. If you asked me to guess one NBA player who has it, he would have been in the conversation.

Incidentally, he also would have been toward the top of the "weapons cache" list.

And at the top of the "players who look like otherworldly creatures" list:

Gollum.PNG

Back
Top Bottom