NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope none of you have Kyle Korver on your fantasy teams:

korver.jpg

DaveC said:
I hope none of you have Kyle Korver on your fantasy teams:

korver.jpg

I know Kyle Korver personally. We lived in the same city. However, he went to the public school and I went private. But at Central College in Pella, Iowa, weekend basketball was about the only thing there was to do...

One time, I got a rebound. I outletted the ball to him and he took it down the floor, he passed it back to me at the free throw line and I quick passed it back for him to finish the layup. Someone said that it was the best fast break he'd ever seen. Me and Kyle. :cute:

Nice win over Detroit last night, I'm guessing that pretty much puts the C's in the driver's seat for home court throughout. 5 up in the loss column and holding the tiebreaker over the Pistons (and the Lakers if it should come to that). I thought Cleveland might catch Orlando but it's not looking good, so a 2nd round matchup with the Cavs looks likely.

Got Philk? said:

I know Kyle Korver personally. We lived in the same city. However, he went to the public school and I went private. But at Central College in Pella, Iowa, weekend basketball was about the only thing there was to do...

One time, I got a rebound. I outletted the ball to him and he took it down the floor, he passed it back to me at the free throw line and I quick passed it back for him to finish the layup. Someone said that it was the best fast break he'd ever seen. Me and Kyle. :cute:

frankly i'd like to import the entire korver family to long island and breed a slew of 6'6" shooters.

I really want a Magic-Celtics matchup, but I'd be afraid of a first-round matchup with the Raptors. Chris Bosh torches them every single time.

Wow the Bulls looked ugly last night. I know they played (and beat the Cavs) on Thursday so I'm sure they were a bit tired, but the contrast in hustle and effort between the Celts & Bulls was striking. Nocioni looked like he gave a damn, and Noah at times, but otherwise...ugh. Got to be real frustrating for Bulls fans, especially since they still have a real shot at a playoff spot.

And Gooden needs to shave his beard before something builds a nest in it. Yikes.

Douchebaggery lives, and Joey Crawford is its spokesman. T'ing up Jefferson for doing the finger-wag is weak, but typical of Crawford and his "all about me" attitude.

Can someone tell me how Yao shutting it down (in a playoff race no less) to play in the Olympics is a hero, but Dwyane Wade shutting it down (like his coach hasn't already quit on the team anyway) so he can rehab and be ready for the Olympics is selfish? I'm not really saying Yao should be playing (people have with his injury but everyone's body is different), but people need to be consistent here.

the difference...

yao=injured
wade=hurt

yao has a stress fracture, while wade has some post surgery pain. if the heat were in the playoff race wade would still be playing, while yao would be smart not to play regardless of the rocket's chances at a title. not wise to push a big man with a foot injury.

frankly i don't think wade is being selfish though... i think the heat encouraged him to take the time off so that they can have a better chance of locking up one of the top 2 picks so they can take either beasly or rose.

I don't think it's smart to push Yao, especially since he hasn't been exactly durable in general anyway. They're certainly doing OK without him (so far anyway).

^is that serious? Or is that sarcastic? I need :wink: if it's not serious. COME ON!!!

Duhon is now being punished for skipping a shoot around and going to the UNC-Duke game without permission. Then, he said it doesn't matter because they aren't playing him anyway.

I feel as if we could have somehow traded him and Gordon for someone better than Larry Hughes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom