NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:
He just goes to the Nathan's stand.

And eats the whole thing evidently. Moesha will never take him back if he keeps eating like that :wink:

The Nuggets scored 168 points tonight.

Remember back in the 80s when 168 was only, like, 30 or 40 points above the average, instead of, like, 70 or 80 points above the average?

I wish he'd play, but they play well enough without him anyway. Their chemistry has been really solid for the past few weeks.

Nice win for the Celts at SA, coming back from down 33-11 early in the 2nd, with no Jesus Shuttlesworth, now lets see if they can put an end to this silly Houston win streak.

Yeah when I saw Horry put that shot up I stopped breathing for a bit...very nice win. Big 3 from Sam I Am too. The D really clamped down in the 2nd half and particularly the 4th quarter. The Spurs were getting stuck with some pretty low-percentage shots.

Houston will be tough, back to back. If they can win that I'll be very impressed.

Ding dong streak dead :) Dallas tomorrow, time to kill the Triangle.

i dunno the spurs and mavericks both sucked in the early 90's... celtics may have done it then, but it has been a long time regardless (and could continue to be a long time if they lose to dallas).

can there be a more tasty bet than going against tracy mcgrady and rick adleman in the first round of the playoffs, especially in this western conference? i submit that there can not.

what's really amazing is that the rockets can concievably win 22 straight, then lose 3 in a row and drop to the 7 seed.

Last edited:
I'll buy that. TMac was pretty much invisible last night, I saw more of him in the postgame interview than in the whole game.

The west is going to be funky, you have a real shot at seeing favorites face each other in the first round because the teams are so bunched up. I figure Houston might fall back a bit though, they have a ton of road games left.

As for the Triangle, I know they had a pretty long losing streak vs. the Spurs before winning there last year. I suppose they might have gotten some wins down there in the 90s but the C's were pretty lousy then too, and the Rockets were good for most of the 90s.

CTU2fan said:
I figure Houston might fall back a bit though, they have a ton of road games left.

22 wins in the nba is 22 wins, and you gotta give the rockets credit for that. but when you go back and look at the teams they played... it's really 5 wins vs. good teams and 17 wins vs. bums. not to take anything away from their accomplishment, but they clicked at the right time of their schedue. they could very easily lose the next 3 games and all of a sudden be out home court advantage.

Yep. And even more true (about losing home court) in the topsy turvy West. The streak is impressive though, because everybody can have a bad night and lose to a worse team, and they didn't.

phanan said:
Hmm, then maybe that blurb I saw was the last time ANY team swept the triangle.

Could be...I wanted to make some snarky comment about needing Dino Radja and 'Nique to win the triangle but I wanted to look it up before I did. Good thing I did :wink:

Yeah I'm thinking Tim Donaghy might just be a scumbag.

I met Eddie Stefanski down at the game tonight and talked with him for 10-15 minutes.

Really a good guy.

Hey, Mavs. I have an idea:

tank11zj7.jpg

(The pick sent away for this year's draft in the Kidd deal is lottery protected.)

Pacers GM Donnie Walsh will sign a 3 year, $15 Million deal to be the Knicks' new President/GM starting next season. Speculation is rampent that Isiah is as good as gone after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom