NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2inUtah said:

Another Crazy game!

I think the Jazz are going to have an extremely hard time winning one in Oakland, though.

Agreed.

Warriors are quicker than the Jazz, it will probably have to go 7 games.

That said the Jazz are usually smarter and more methodical than GS and better rebounders.

GS has some deadly shooters to contend with.

Did it seem like the TNT broadcasters were favoring GS last night?

dbs

diamond said:
Shannon-

Who do u like in the Suns/Jazz upcoming contest, and how many games will it go gf?:angry:

dbs
Really jumping the gun there DB7 aren't we?
Spurs actually have wrested home court from the Suna at this point.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

namkcuR said:
ESPN is reporting that Big Ben Wallace has informed the Detroit Pistons that he will sign a 4yr/60M deal with the Chicago Bulls.

YES!!!!!

namkcuR said:

No, the contract really is not that bad. This is not like we locked him for six years, it's only four.

What the Bulls have done with this signing is given themselves a shot to get at least to the Conference Finals without in any way risking their future - unless you consider dumping Tyson Chandler's salary risking their future.

keep telling yourself that...

namkcuR said:

About the ECF....I've heard a whole lot of people predict the ECF for the Bulls this coming season...I've heard some who have said they're not so sure...but you're the only one I've heard say 'no way'.

Hewson said:
No way the Bulls make the conference finals next season.

(Now thats 2)

i am outraged that you would insinuate that my :whistle: has aaaaaanything to do with the pistons stomping of the bulls
It was a pretty obvious "I told you so" in my book.

Of course the Bulls could win 4 straight and prove us both wrong, and they showed the heart necessary for that in the 4th Quarter last night.

diamond said:
Shannon-

Who do u like in the Suns/Jazz upcoming contest, and how many games will it go gf?:angry:

dbs

jumping the gun a bit on both teams... phoenix has a dog fight with san antonio, and golden state very much could have won both games in utah, so they're far from dead, too.

if it were to happen, i'd go with phoenix in 6

The Bulls would have made it to the ECF if they didn't piss away their last game. They could have swept Washington, and then had to face the Cavs instead of the Pistons. THEN Chicago could look silly against the Piston in the finals.

correction... the bulls "could" have made it to the eastern conference finals if they faced the cavs instead... but considering how lebron gets EVERY call humanly possible, there's certainly no gaurantee that chicago would beat them.

and the fact that they pissed away such an important game to close the regular season only goes further to prove that, despite how "special" the young guys may allegedly be, they're simply not ready for primetime.

and the fact that the team that god rid of ben wallace and replaced him with chris webber at the league minimum is putting on an epic ass whooping of the bulls doesn't exactly make that contract "worth it."

i may be wrong here, but i certainly think tyson chandler could have gotten the bulls smoked in the 2nd round, too. :wink:

It has leaked that Dirk will be named MVP shortly. I am able to think of several individuals more deserving of the honor off the top of my head, or at least they are so in my opinion...Nash, Lebron, Kobe, and probably even Billups to name a few.

I dunno. Dirk had a great regular season. And so did the Mavs. Nash has a case, but those others didn't produce the results in the regular season that Dirk did.

Billups is an unbelievable player. I would like to see him get MVP some year, but I hightly doubt that will ever happen.

Going back to Dallas and the playoffs. Dirk gave up, it was obvious. But where was Jason Terry???

Baron Davis's dunk over Kirilenko was one of the sickest dunks I've ever seen. Damn.

cdisantis83 said:
It has leaked that Dirk will be named MVP shortly. I am able to think of several individuals more deserving of the honor off the top of my head, or at least they are so in my opinion...Nash, Lebron, Kobe, and probably even Billups to name a few.

nash? yes
lebron? no
kobe? no
billups? maybe

he was the best player on a team that won 67 game... ignore the post-season, it's a regular season award. it's tough to say the best player on the best team isn't "deserving" of the MVP. he had an MVP season, and the only person they could have given it to besides Dirk is nash once again. billups probably should get some recognition but it's gonna be hard for him to ever win an MVP playing in the eastern conference.

I would agree that Dirk has taken an inordinate amount of the blame for the Mavs' post-season failure, but I also feel that "Most Valuable" ought to be understood as the player who was most indispensable to their team. Without Dirk, the Mavs still would have been a playoff calibur team; the surrounding talent is excellent. The Lakers without Kobe, or the Cavs without LeBron, would have struggled to win twenty games. Dirk probably benefited most from the incessant hype that the sports media poured upon Dallas all year, as well as the obstreperous nature of Cuban.

Just for fun:
Dirk- 24.6 points, 9 rebounds, 3.5 assists per game.
LeBron- 27.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, 6 assists per game.
Kobe- 31.6 points, 5.7 rebounds, 5.5 assists

I understand that numbers alone do not make an MVP, but the latter two seem preferable to me in terms of sheer production. On top of that, Dirk's leadership skills were in question throughout the whole season. I'll stop now.

dirk's team dominated the regular season...and kobe's team sucks.

This is exactly my point. Kobe was more important to the success of his team than was Dirk, thus the former was more valuable. If you are suggesting that the MVP must come from an elite team, then I suppose that we just fundamentally disagree there.

My question is who would be an easier match for the Jazz?

The Spurs or Suns?

I'm thinking the Spurs.

How about you guys, what say you?

dbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom