NBA 2014-2015 Thread: Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redskins are garbage

Blackhawks are underachieving again

Bulls are done

Nationals or bust for me.

Fucking sucks. I'm reading now that the surgery might be a removal of the meniscus, and the rehab time after that would be significantly shorter than it was for the meniscus surgery he had in 2013. Who knows how his knee responds to that. I choose to stay positive because there's really nothing else I can think to do as a fan. But it fucking sucks.

I'm biased of course, but it does seem like he's a genuinely good and sweet guy. He's set for life financially so I'm happy for him in that regard, but these setbacks have got to be so fucking tough for him. I just feel bad.

It's hard to put into words.

Meniscus surgery really doesn't have to be season-ending. Ron Artest had meniscus surgery a couple years back and was playing in 2 weeks. More realistically, I would expect a 1-2 month timetable. But with D Rose, I just don't know. When he has a setback, he's very conservative and doesn't rush back onto the court.

Fucking sucks. I'm reading now that the surgery might be a removal of the meniscus, and the rehab time after that would be significantly shorter than it was for the meniscus surgery he had in 2013.

Apparently the've decided on repair not removal:

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose will undergo surgery to repair torn meniscus; timetable uncertain - ESPN Chicago

The Bulls and Rose decided to fix the meniscus tear instead of cutting the damaged part out in order to elongate Rose's career.

I think its safe to say he's done fo the season.

Damn, terrible news. I'm not really a Bulls fan, but Rose seems like a down-to-earth guy, and I'd like to see him healthy and successful.

What's the explanation for these repeated knee issues? Something about his body structure or style of play? It seems hard to believe these could all be freak accidents at this point.

The thing is, he's not even been that good. It sucks for him, of course, but it doesn't affect the Bulls all that much.

B-rBktwUYAAFS1G.jpg

he's not a hall of famer. his number won't be retired at MSG. kids won't copy his game for generations to come. but damn it, Anthony Mason epitomized the last time the Knicks franchise wasn't a complete and utter dumpster fire. incredibly saddened to hear of his passing this morning.

Yes. RIP Mase. :sad: He along with Oak exemplified the toughness in that era of the NYK.

Sorry to hear about Mason's passing.

It will be hard to forget his unique game. That guy was perfect for the city and the Knicks.

That game from Russell Westbrook last night has got to be one of the best stat lines in recent memory.

That was a great performance by the Sixers, and despite losing a fantastic result as the Thunder winning is big for getting their first round pick this year.

The buzz is that D-Rose will return tomorrow. Bulls may actually go into the playoffs with everyone active for the first time since 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom