NBA 2014-2015 Thread: Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless of course they start winning under Jackson.
The Cavs will start to click eventually(maybe they just started to), if the fire Blatt now it would be silly, but it would be so Cleveland that it makes sense.

But they won't win a title, and eventually it'll be the coach's fault. It always is with the self proclaimed King.

They also have a huge problem with Kevin Love, in two different ways. First of course is that he's not a great defender, but they knew that going in.

The bigger problem is his lack of touches. Which leads directly to the fact that they have a point guard who doesn't pass the ball.

In Miami somebody had to sacrifice their own game for it to work. That someone was Bosh, who did it willingly. I'm not quite sure Love is so happy to do so, and likely thinks Kyrie should be the one who sacrifices.

Of course perfect world they ALL sacrifice for the betterment of the team, but let's not be silly.

But perhaps when LeBron mysteriously stopped by Miami during his rehab session he rediscovered what has been "missing" this season.

"South Beach HGH Clinic may I help you"

"Yeah this is LeBron, I mean this is Leroy, I need my usual order, will be in to pick it up in an hour"

Kyrie with 55 tonight. Why he isn't an all-star starter is beyond me. He is a much more complete player at this point of the season than he was last year.

Not so much anymore, though they play way too much one-on-one to go anywhere in the playoffs. Mozgov was an important signing; they are a much better defensive team when he is on the floor, and he has a stronger offensive skill set than I was expecting.

I'm still excited that the Bucks are mediocre this year. The Jason Kidd hire has been so far so good.

Wow, Charles. I'm always embarrassed when people show their stupidity in public (and that's in addition to willful ignorance).

This whole "debate" is magnified here in Philadelphia because of the situation with the team and the state of media in Philly. Tanking has become synonymous with analytics, and Sam Hinkie is obviously a nerd who doesn't watch games. Despite the fact that there are two prime examples in this city (Phillies and Flyers) of how a lack of forward-thinking can kill your franchise for a long time. Despite the fact that by all accounts Hinkie is a scouting junkie who loves to travel to watch players in person.

Philly's media are older, and the city in general has always held the NBA at arm's length with the Sixers' lack of success over the last 30 years, the fantastic college and high school scene, and a general tendency towards the other three teams anyway. So it's the worst kind of debate possible. Marcus Hayes (a horrid columnist who champions the idea that fans only like Chase Utley because he is white) recently wrote an article saying that Sam Hinkie is a shitty GM for not signing Earl Watson to play backup point guard.

This part of his comment, to me, is the apex of ignorance.

All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common -- they're a bunch of guys who have never played the game, and they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game

Chauvinism aside, I wonder if he would choose a brick layer instead of an architect or engineer to design his house in Atlanta (with all due respect for brick layers!).

Another first for Hinkie. LET'S GO. THE JAVALE MCGEE ERA.

The draft order this year is gonna be:

New York
Minnesota
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Philly
Boston
Golden State
Atlanta
Chicago
San Antonio

This is by far the most fun team in Philadelphia.

Brett Brown on what kind of player JaVale McGee is: "I would prefer not to comment." Fucking laughed out loud.

I get the reasons for the Bucks trading away Knight, but I'm not happy about it. He's been a pleasure to watch.

Philsfan, what should we expect from Carter-Williams? I know he won ROY last year and should hopefully match well with Parker/Giannis Atetaaqlkusdrahreaoiupakumpo, but I'm still kind of pissed about losing Knight.

MCW leaving Philadelphia shoud improve their record this year, which is good news for the Knicks.

Philsfan, what should we expect from Carter-Williams? I know he won ROY last year and should hopefully match well with Parker/Giannis Atetaaqlkusdrahreaoiupakumpo, but I'm still kind of pissed about losing Knight.
I can't stand his game, I'm thrilled they got a likely top ten 2016 pick out of him. He's long and athletic, and it about ends there. He is a good on-ball defender but he gets lost on pick-and-roll plays, which most teams in the league now know. Offensively, he's a disaster. His jump shot is completely broken and he turns it over a lot because his passing is shaky. He can get to the rim with his athleticism so he'll get some points that way, but he's overall just not a player I feel has a high ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom