Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Boy:

The Killers - Day & Age
The Killers - Sawdust
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
Snow Patrol - A Million And One Suns
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA
Bruce Springsteen - Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Sarah McLaughlan - Closer - Greatest Hits
The Smiths - The Sounds Of The Smiths (2 Disc best of)
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Bloc Party - Intimacy
Coldplay - Prospekt March
Oasis - Dig Your Soul
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Palo_santo_rerelease.jpg

The double cd version :sexywink:

:)

Hope you like it! Nobody, Red Sea, Black Sea, Seventy-Four, Seventy-Five, and La Dame Et La Licorne are all favorites of mine. If you do end up liking Palo Santo, please make sure to check out Rook too, it's even better!

I just got a few used CDs - thanks Amazon.com Marketplace!

a-ha - Minor Earth, Major Sky
Sugababes - Change
Amy MacDonald - This Is the Life

:)

Hope you like it! Nobody, Red Sea, Black Sea, Seventy-Four, Seventy-Five, and La Dame Et La Licorne are all favorites of mine. If you do end up liking Palo Santo, please make sure to check out Rook too, it's even better!

I already have Rook which is why I decided to check out its predecessors. :D Palo Santo's pretty good too, even though I haven't heard the second disc yet. Not as good as Rook though, but good enough to want to check out the other albums.

Also, I got something in the mail yesterday:
maisfrounynkelaverman.jpg

Oh Boy:

The Killers - Day & Age
The Killers - Sawdust
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
Snow Patrol - A Million And One Suns
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA
Bruce Springsteen - Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Sarah McLaughlan - Closer - Greatest Hits
The Smiths - The Sounds Of The Smiths (2 Disc best of)
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Bloc Party - Intimacy
Coldplay - Prospekt March
Oasis - Dig Your Soul
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Wow! :applaud:

Coldplay - Prospekts March

I just wish they'd included the accoustic version of Lost! Not this awful Jay-Z remix :doh:

Christina Aguilera - Keeps Getting Better - A Decade of Hits
Her "Best Of".
Christina's voice is amazing and I'll freely admit it: I'm crazy about her new song "Keeps Getting Better"

Yeah, I didn't realize it was coming out today either. Saw it on the shelf and added it to the pile to buy.

:hi5: I enjoyed the last one, so I'll need to check this one out as well. Pitchfork had a decent interview with Rivers about the second compilation, and it sounded like it would be very good again.

i moved to a music-buying wasteland. i'm learning that for all my bitching about the lameness of the newbury comics on this half of the state, it's far superior than the fye/best buy/circuit city bullshit. i mean, i go into best buy and i see some things i don't expect to see: the street dogs first album, that gaslight anthem record. but then i go looking for something and goddamn it, it ain't there. :down:

Yay!
I CD I bought on eBay a while ago arrived today. Was almost fearing it would never arrive:
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

Now, if also that package from Amazon.ca would arrive soon...

:shifty: actually, i think i may have been whining about not being able to find an album that actually isn't out yet... :reject:

did buy the gaslight anthem's "sink or swim" today at newbury comics in cambridge. and then i picked up the new alibis' EP at the show.

my.php

Not as immediate as 'Beautiful World' - however 'The Garden' is far and away one of the best Take That songs ever.

I was pleasantly surprised today when I found this on my doormat today, a few days before I'd expected it:
V/A - The Complete Motown Singles Volume 8: 1968

:drool:

Beck--Modern Guilt

I also pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Andrew Bird's Noble Beast (featuring a bonus disc of instrumental tracks called Useless Creatures), and while I was on the Fat Possum website also ordered Bird's Live In Montreal. I probably won't get it until the new album ships in mid-January, though :(

Amazon is having a great sale in their digital store. I may not be able to resist buying a few more things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom