Museum Voor Oude Kunst, Brussels, Belgium Superthread (Six months!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5th :|

What was that a heat? Semifinal or Final?

The final. Fuck that Aussie coming through for bronze. :down:

But we were always going to be a better medal chance in the K1 500m and K2 1,000m. Especially the latter. Our K2 guys were cheeky enough to slow down and surrender their lead in the semi-final so that they could finish second and get placed in their favoured lane one in the final.

Hellloooo again. How are we all?

Hasn't Seven's coverage been great?

Hey Danny! :wave:

Yes, it's just great to repeatedly show bollocks over and over again, ask athletes mindless questions, and make commentary mistakes and gaffes like they're just part of the routine. :up:

SBS, at least, have been all class.

Another review up on RYM. I plan to do parodies of a bunch of interferencers, including Shaun Vox.

Hey Danny! :wave:

Yes, it's just great to repeatedly show bollocks over and over again, ask athletes mindless questions, and make commentary mistakes and gaffes like they're just part of the routine. :up:

SBS, at least, have been all class.

Hey Ax :wave:

Yeah I forget to strikeout great and replace it with utter fucking shithouse. :) No Roy and HG, constant swimming, 89thousand replays of a race when I could be watching another sport...

You know what the worst has been? That weightlifter, who with the last lift of the tournament won gold with like 258 (kg?), amazing story. What do Seven do? Trivalise it, and then play Nickleback over the top.

Hellloooo again. How are we all?

Hasn't Seven's coverage been great?

Yes......"New Zeland are about to win gold against Australia, so now will show you a reply of Caty Freemans run from Sydney 2000" :rolleyes:

I have watched about 2 hours max of the Olympics, and have to agree with Ax about SBS.

Yes......"New Zeland are about to win gold against Australia, so now will show you a reply of Caty Freemans run from Sydney 2000" :rolleyes:

I have watched about 2 hours max of the Olympics, and have to agree with Ax about SBS.

They have been woeful. Bruce McAvaney, a man I used to have tremendous respect for, no longer floats my boat, nor does he rock my socks, light my candle... With his commentating, you never know if it's a heat or a final.

Can I just say though - how much satisfaction I got at seeing so many screw-ups in the relays last night. :lmao:

Can I just say though - how much satisfaction I got at seeing so many screw-ups in the relays last night. :lmao:

I missed that :(

I :heart: the fuckups....makes fucking entertaining watching :yes:

And see the IOC is officially investigating that teeny weeny Chinese Gymnast...she says she's 16, but other sources say she's 14...

Hey Ax :wave:

Yeah I forget to strikeout great and replace it with utter fucking shithouse. :) No Roy and HG, constant swimming, 89thousand replays of a race when I could be watching another sport...

You know what the worst has been? That weightlifter, who with the last lift of the tournament won gold with like 258 (kg?), amazing story. What do Seven do? Trivalise it, and then play Nickleback over the top.

:lol: It's so tiresome that they'll spend an age interviewing some minor Aussie medalist as if they're a national icon, while OTHER SPORTS ARE HAPPENING. I don't care about some tart's wedding plans. I want to see athletes competing!

And oh god, that weightlifter who did that 258kg lift in honour of his deceased wife, I think that's the most powerful story of the Olympics. The different presentation of it between 7 and SBS is very telling. 7 wants to make it some stupid tacky story, while SBS actually lets the story tell itself and it's very moving.

Good grief. What's happening with NZ Zoo's?

A monkey has escaped in Christchurch :hmm: Anyone seen Ian??? :giggle: (yeah I know, wrong Island)

A Zebra just died in Wellington.

Oh, and according to the NZ Herald, Ben Fouhy coming 4th is more important 'breaking news' than the helicopter crash....:tsk:

They have been woeful. Bruce McAvaney, a man I used to have tremendous respect for, no longer floats my boat, nor does he rock my socks, light my candle... With his commentating, you never know if it's a heat or a final.

Bruce doens't even do good for the AFL anymore either. I think Him and Dennis should POQ.

Getting ready for the pussies to GET DONE on Sunday? :wink:

And see the IOC is officially investigating that teeny weeny Chinese Gymnast...she says she's 16, but other sources say she's 14...

Yes, and what made it better was that it was the Americans. :D :D

In the paper today, they worked it out. Medals and gold medals per population, Australian are fifth, New Zealand are second (with about a medal per 400,000) and the US and China are languishing about 50th and 60th :D

BOTH American teams, men and women, royally fucked up their final baton changes and are out of the tournament. In the men's 4x100m, all three medalists from the 2004 games got disqualified from their heats! It was amazing stuff. Jamaica, at least, got through to the finals unscathed in both.

And yes, thank god the IOC is investigating. There's no way some of those gymnasts are 16. Also, what do you make of Beatrice Faumuina's hissy fit?

Yes evidently.

I got Five Leaves Left by the way. Only one listen, but definitely at the bottom of the tree so far for me, though the second half is better.

Hmm. I definitely liked that one from the start. Oh well, maybe it'll get better for you over time.

Yes, and what made it better was that it was the Americans. :D :D

In the paper today, they worked it out. Medals and gold medals per population, Australian are fifth, New Zealand are second (with about a medal per 400,000) and the US and China are languishing about 50th and 60th :D

:FUCKYEAH:

BOTH American teams, men and women, royally fucked up their final baton changes and are out of the tournament. In the men's 4x100m, all three medalists from the 2004 games got disqualified from their heats! It was amazing stuff. Jamaica, at least, got through to the finals unscathed in both.

And yes, thank god the IOC is investigating. There's no way some of those gymnasts are 16. Also, what do you make of Beatrice Faumuina's hissy fit?

:angry: Damn I hate missing shit like that!! That would have been fucking awesome!!

:tsk: Not at all impressed with Beatrice. She's also pissy that if she leaves early she has to pay her own way home. No no, she's not a sore loser at all...:rolleyes:

:lol: It's so tiresome that they'll spend an age interviewing some minor Aussie medalist as if they're a national icon, while OTHER SPORTS ARE HAPPENING. I don't care about some tart's wedding plans. I want to see athletes competing!

And oh god, that weightlifter who did that 258kg lift in honour of his deceased wife, I think that's the most powerful story of the Olympics. The different presentation of it between 7 and SBS is very telling. 7 wants to make it some stupid tacky story, while SBS actually lets the story tell itself and it's very moving.

Yeah. Whilst I don't mind as much as the post-interviewing, the obvious over-the-top-oh-my-god-one-of-our-own-just-got-a-bronze-which-means-she's-a-national-hero does shit me. Steph Rice must be getting sick of it. Rice and Phelpsy sittin in a tree...

It was such an amazing story, and Seven keep replaying it by putting that faded border crap around it, making it black and white, and playing Photograph, for fuck's sake.

Bruce doens't even do good for the AFL anymore either. I think Him and Dennis should POQ.

Getting ready for the pussies to GET DONE on Sunday? :wink:

Agreed. Seven have been terrible in all aspects. Never thought I'd say bring back Nine. But I do. Ten meanwhile, are superb in my opinion. POQ?

See my post in the AFL thread :wink:

:eyebrow: What? Is that how much she weighed or something?

:tongue:

:lmao: :lmao:

Did you happen to see Wil Anderson on Rove last week? He goes "I love that Sonia Kruger didn't know whether it was how much they weigh or how much they lift. I'd hate to know what she think's the clean and jerk is..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom