Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel better about having a small(ish) jaw, thanks to the majority of Muse's members.

U2democrat said:
Sooooooo one of my friends just got Guitar Hero III and as soon as I find the time I am so going to ply Knights of Cydonia :D

I played it in the store :rockon: first time I'd ever played Guitar Hero...it was fun but it kinda just made me wanna go play real guitar :wink:

I got a Muse poster :drool: and today I'm wearing one of my two Muse shirts :rockon:

nice article btw, thanks for posting. i like the bit about paris hilton :lmao:

AtomicBono said:
I got a Muse poster :drool: and today I'm wearing one of my two Muse shirts :rockon:

I wore one of mine yesterday. I have a poster as well, but we're moving a lot of stuff around in our apartment here, so I have to wait a bit until I can hang it up :(.

:lol:

Every now and then I see a guy on campus who looks just like Matt. He even has similar facial hair. I do a double take every time I see him.

Can I go to your school?

Angela

I read this on muselive.com and think it's pretty hilarious, :lol:

Plans to honour top band in its hometown go "limp"

Plans to honour a top Devon rock band by marking their birthplace have been withdrawn - because the group's name has links to impotence.

Teignmouth Town Council chairman David Cox had proposed to boost the town's profile by adding "Home of Muse" to the Welcome to Teignmouth signs on the edge of town.

He thought mention of the band, formed in Teignmouth 10 years ago, would make the town attractive to a younger market.
He has been forced to drop the idea after it was pointed out the name MUSE was an acronym for Medicated Urethral Suppository for Erection - an impotence treatment.

The council had initially given the idea lukewarm support but agreed to consult residents on the proposal. But on Tuesday Mr Cox decided not to pursue the idea.

He said: "I thought the slogan 'Hometown of Muse' would create a fresher younger image of the town, than the current 'Gem of South Devon', a slogan taken from a 1960 British Railway's poster. But now I see the MUSE slogan might not send the right message.

:lol:...nice. At the same time, though, I'd say they should go ahead with the honor anyway-it's not the band's fault the word "Muse" also happens to have another rather...interesting association. Eh, well *Shrugs*. Amusing story nonetheless!

By the way, want to mention this before I forget-don't know who all here has the Sundance channel, but apparently they'll be showing the "Live From Abbey Road" episode with Muse this weekend, so if anyone's interested, that's something to check out. Here's the link to the dates and times they have thus far (all eastern time):

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/sort.jhtml?type=artist&motvId=1191782&title=Muse

Angela

*Looks at link*

Oooh, no kidding. Southern California gets lots of cool stuff. That second night lineup in particular looks interesting.

Wonder if Muse'll do a Christmas song while there :p?

I like that they're headlining places here in the States now. It's rather exciting watching their popularity continue to grow :up:.

Angela

martha said:

:angry:

Yeah, but look who you have to sit through on a school night before they come on.

You only live once martha :wink:

Not that anybody can even get tickets for the event. I saw some on ebay already (even though it's not on sale yet) for over $1000 a pair! :der:

Moonlit_Angel said:
It would :D. I'd love that.

(And hey, it'd give Matt the opportunity to dress up like the elf everyone seems to see him as, too!)

Angela

case in point..

photo exhibits to verify that matt is a 'elf'

mattinred1.jpg

mattinredjacket.jpg

mattinstripes.jpg

notice the red theme here.. he likey red.. :D

elfish grin here..
mattbandw.jpg

blueeyedmatt.jpg

one more..

matt with red hair...
mattwithredhair.jpg

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
notice the red theme here.. he likey red.. :D

Given that red is my favorite color, I'm all for Matt continuing that theme as much as possible :D.

Pictures...:drool:... I love that first picture, that's my favorite one of the bunch-like the pose he's striking in it. The fourth and fifth ones are good, too (nice eyes in that fifth one). Yep. He's an elf, all right. But an adorable one. Thanks for sharing those!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
well.. i can't go..

<<< on the god damn east coast...:mad:

I'm in Colorado. That's significantly closer, and if I had the money and means I'd hop on the first bus out to that area, but eh...can't do it right now, sadly :(.

I'd go if I were you, martha. Sitting through crappy artists is worth it if it means eventually seeing Muse, I say.

Angela

Last edited:
Just got back from the Melbourne gig. Fucking hell that was a fucking awesome show! See, Muse make me swear like a sailor, but that's only because they're so fucking amazing live. I'm so happy that I got greedy and got a ticket for the Sydney show as well.

I went with my Mum, who is also a huge fan, and my brother went separately with his mates. The arena looked almost full which is bloody impressive since you don't hear Muse on mainstream radio here at all. The crowd was so random it was funny; from giggly teenage girls to 50-year-old metalheads, lots of parents with kids. And finally - finally! - Melbourne audience redeemed themselves and proved they weren't all chair-hugging bores! The moment the band came onstage our whole section got up on their feet and stayed there throughout the concert; my Mum danced so energetically she strayed into the aisle and was told off by the usher to get back closer to her seat.

I'm convinced more than ever that Matt Bellamy must be an alien or some kind of musical freak of nature with way too much talent and energy in his tiny little body. He may be the unlikeliest rock star ever but man when he's onstage doing his thing I can't take my eyes off him. He kept quiet as always, with Dom doing most of the banter and Chris was his usual headbanging self, :) The only pause in the show came just before Feeling Good - I don't know what happened, but I think they've spent a minute or two walking around the stage talking to the tech guys.

I've seen the Adelaide and Perth setlists so I wasn't surprised to hear Fury, Apocalypse Please and instrumental Groove, but it was nice to have rarer songs like that in the setlist anyway. And I even enjoyed Microcuts! Can't remember the exact order, but they started the show off with Take a Bow and finished with Knights. Amazing, amazing show - I had a couple of moments when I completely zoned out and felt myself totally lost in the music.

My Mum, who hasn't seen Muse live before, was suitably blown away and said that Matt was an awesome showman and that surely he couldn't sing like this without drugs, :) On a more random note, we agreed that Chasers should do a musical parody of Muse and that Andrew Hansen would be perfect as Matt.

I hope you will, U2democrat :). I'd be willing to bet that'll happen-at the rate these guys are going, I get the feeling they won't be the opening act for people much longer.

Saracene said:
The crowd was so random it was funny; from giggly teenage girls to 50-year-old metalheads, lots of parents with kids. And finally - finally! - Melbourne audience redeemed themselves and proved they weren't all chair-hugging bores!

The crowd was like that with us, too, big ol' mix of people from all over the place (there was a guy in front of me who I swear to god looked like a lost Gym Class Heroes reject). I'm glad to hear that the crowd at your show was enthusiastic, too! I don't get people sitting down at pop/rock shows as it is, but I'd be ESPECIALLY baffled at how anyone could sit still during a Muse show.

Saracene said:
I'm convinced more than ever that Matt Bellamy must be an alien or some kind of musical freak of nature with way too much talent and energy in his tiny little body. He may be the unlikeliest rock star ever but man when he's onstage doing his thing I can't take my eyes off him. He kept quiet as always, with Dom doing most of the banter and Chris was his usual headbanging self,

Fully agree with your description of Matt.

Hehe, it's fun watching Chris get lost in headbanging :D. I swear, one of these days that guy's head's just gonna fly right off his body and into the crowd. They are a pretty quiet group-would be fun to hear more banter from the band as a whole, but eh-if I were a musician I probably wouldn't be all that talkative on stage, either, so...

You got to hear "Fury" and "The Groove"? Wow. That IS obscure. Pretty cool.

I'm glad you and your mom had a great time! I took my family with me when I saw them, too, and they were all just as impressed (my dad especially-I had a feeling he'd love these guys, and I was right). What'd your brother think?

Excellent review, sounds like a fantastic show. Yay!

Angela

they actually are not opening for anyone now and earlier this year.. the days of opening up for anyone in the US are over.. That's for sure.. as was made apparent by their sold out shows here in the US.
I think the US are not far behind in their fanaticism toward Muse the rest of the world.. :D

martha said:

:angry:

Yeah, but look who you have to sit through on a school night before they come on.

The Shins would be heavenly to sit through. :love: Feist would be good (even if you're annoyed by that song) and Modest Mouse would be hit or miss (I just lost interest in the show I was to see this weekend and sold my tickets). But yeah, a looong night. I'm too old for that. I'm even getting very annoyed at this newish trend of having more than one opening band just for a regular show.

Muse always eludes me. :(

Moonlit_Angel, I didn't know you were in Colorado. I go up there for shows all the time. Why have I never met you. :angry:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
they actually are not opening for anyone now and earlier this year.. the days of opening up for anyone in the US are over.. That's for sure.. as was made apparent by their sold out shows here in the US.

Right :). They've certainly earned that position, I'm glad to see they're at that point now.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I think the US are not far behind in their fanaticism toward Muse the rest of the world.. :D

Nope. Took a while to get our attention, but they've got it now.

joyfulgirl said:
I'm even getting very annoyed at this newish trend of having more than one opening band just for a regular show.

I haven't minded it lately 'cause the opening acts have generally been pretty good at the shows I've been to, but I do agree in a way, too-I just want to get to the main event :hyper:.

joyfulgirl said:
Muse always eludes me. :(

Moonlit_Angel, I didn't know you were in Colorado. I go up there for shows all the time. Why have I never met you. :angry:

I just moved to this state late last year. But should you and I find ourselves going to see the same artist down the line, I'd be all for meeting up :up:. Maybe the next time Muse swings through this state you and I can go together, and you can finally see them.

Angela

I am listening to Hullabaloo Soundtrack right now.. and I SWEAR that "MAP OF YOUR HEAD" , matt sounds identical, dead ringer for Thom Yorke..

Listen to it and tell me what u think.. it's tripping me out.. :ohmy:

am I :crazy: or what..

Last edited:
I don't think that he sounds that much like him on that track. Similarities, yes. Identical, absolutely not.

Anyone else enjoyed playing Knights of Cydonia on Guitar Hero 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom