MUSE Part 5, where fan boys are welcomed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who want to know about Passion Pit, they are an incredible studio band... But legitimately one of the worst live bands I have ever seen.

There's just so much wrong with them live. But a few of the issues are the following: the lead singer (who has a pretty love/ hate voice) cannot sing live as he can't hit any of the notes; watching the band is like watching a band playing to themselves as it doesn't seem like they care a crowd is in front of them; and finally, if the music didn't translate well live in the 2,400 person venue I saw them in earlier this year, I couldn't imagine it being any good in a large arena.

At the show, it was as though people were only dancing because they heard dance-pop music. If you don't get what I mean, you really had to be there.

:sad: Wishing i was going to LA2...

:hug: Hopefully we can meet up before the show.

I wish I were going to some of earlier CA shows, but alas. :sad:

On a brighter note, LA2 tickets arrived this morning. :dancing: I didn't realize they were coming from New York and initially dismissed the envelope as junk mail. :reject:

There's just so much wrong with them live. But a few of the issues are the following: the lead singer (who has a pretty love/ hate voice) cannot sing live as he can't hit any of the notes; watching the band is like watching a band playing to themselves as it doesn't seem like they care a crowd is in front of them; and finally, if the music didn't translate well live in the 2,400 person venue I saw them in earlier this year, I couldn't imagine it being any good in a large arena.

:eek: Not exactly a ringing endorsement. :huh:

:huh: I hope they've gotten better since then.... :|

Me too.

So SoCal folks. KROQ is running a contest to see a "supersecret" MUSE soundcheck for LA 2. The best part. You may want to sit down for this. One person will win one of Matt's guitars. You either need to call in or you can enter online.

Here's the link: Muse Soundcheck

WAHHHHHHHHHH IT'S ONLY FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.. Well there goes my entry..

:hmm: Ooh. Interesting. I love their over-the-top nature, but it would be very neat to see what they can come up with without all that behind them. Given Matt's love of Tom Waits, I could see the band kinda going in that sort of introspective direction, which would be cool.

Sounds intriguing. Can't wait to hear what comes from that change up.

Angela

I'd hesitate to take what Matt says in interviews too seriously (he's as reliable as Bono when it comes to this :wink:), but I think it would be a good time to scale things down a bit, because how more OTT can they get? At the same time, I wouldn't want their music to become too straight and stripped down either. And while I'm not too fussed with lyrics when it comes to Muse, I think Matt's lyrics tend to be especially dodgy when he tries to be more personal, rather than being abstract or rambling about silly conspiracy theory stuff. I mean... You could be my unintended/Choice to live my life extended? :yikes:

And I wonder what Matt means by smaller venues, actual small venues or just venues with smaller capacity than stadiums? Because the tickets would be way harder to get if they came here and played Forum theatre or whatever.

finally received notice from Concertmaps today that my NM GA has been mailed. Just posted it for sale on musebay. If anyone here is interested let me know. I am selling it at face value ($71.00 fees included in price).

:sad: I was hoping you were going to come.

Believe me, I've been to 22 concerts this year so far --- Passion Pit was by far the worst act I've seen.

Greetings :wave:

I was wondering whether this is the right place to advertise a couple of spare tickets to Muse's Melbourne shows in December (face value of course), although I guess this "musebay" that Miss Velvet Dress mentioned might be better. Is that attached to Muse's website? I have signed up there but I'm a total n00b.

In case anyone is interested, I've got a shit seat for the first show (14 Dec), obstructed view behind the stage; and a GA for the second show (15 Dec). I bought these for a friend, but due to an unfortunate scheduling clash with some other band, he can't make it to Muse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom