MSG #2 Setlist is up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What! You couldn't copy and paste?
wink.gif

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

I'm not! :b

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, When Will I See You Again / Stuck In a Moment, Kite, Angel of Harlem (full band-electric), Stay (B&E acoustic), Bad / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On (B&E-electric), New York, One / Unchained Melody, Walk On
Message Forum: Talk about this show with other U2 fans!
Comments: During 'Stay,' Bono wears a FDNY cap given to him by a fan. During the encore, he wears an FDNY t-shirt. The lyrics of several songs continue to be altered in tribute to the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks. Bono also sings a short bit of 'Everybody Hurts' during 'Bad.' The same MLK video from the previous night is played again during 'Pride.'

I must say. I hope Please comes back.. incidentally I'm listening to it right now. aaaaah. i love that high moaning of pleeeaaase as streets begins to kick in.

Originally posted by jezebel:
seriously tho, I see a pattern emerging here. Out of Control first night, I will Follow second night.

Out of Control = Las Vegas

Jezebel = Happy camper (with bad feet)
I was having Electric Co. Vegas fantasies this afternoon. Wouldn't that rock!?

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

[This message has been edited by martha (edited 10-25-2001).]

Oh my gawd (high squeeky valley girl voice)!!!

Electric co....11 O CLOCK TICK TOCK (which I am doomed to never hear)....Gloria....and on and on and on....

I've got to quit listening to their older stuff (I was listening to October tonight, cause it's, uh, October)

I gotta go soak my feet

Yes, that would definately rock! It is probebly my favorite early U2 song. I would be mad that I wasnt there for it but I would hear it on a bootleg. But dont hold your breath, Electric Co may never be played again.

There does seem to be a definate setlist pattern on this leg. They may start mixing it up a bit more when they get to the west coast shows. It is interesting how different the Notre Dame setlist was from the rest of the tour. It is also interesting how they have only played Please once so far. I think it may make an appearence this weekend though. Anyone that was at the Baltimore show how did Please sound? Was it rough or was it like they never stopped playing it from Popmart?

You know I'm always happy just to be at U2 concert, but I had it in my head they were going to throw us a few curves for this set of NY shows. Maybe I'm way off base on this one, but since they brought out NY firefighters and policemen in ND, and how touching that was, I thought WOW, what do they have planned for NY? There's still the 3rd show they might do something unexpected, but it's ok, I loved the show anyway. NJ, here I come! (GA--Oh I hope the weather doesn't get too ugly!)

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Anyone that was at the Baltimore show how did Please sound? Was it rough or was it like they never stopped playing it from Popmart?

The arrangement was the same for the most part. The intro was a little different though. Hard to describe.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

Night 3 should be interesting. I'd say 11 0' Clock Tick Tock will finally return, and maybe one of the big hits that got dropped recently, like Mysterious Ways or With Or Without You.

Back
Top Bottom