Most cliche Bono line? The ones that make you groan...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topplehatU2

Refugee
Taken from the latest single:

"Soul in a strip tease
Hate brought to its knees "

What we have here kids is a "soul" and "knees."

There's worse than that WITS lyric:

"We're one but we're not the same/We get to carry each other [...] one love, one blood, one life/You got to do what you should/One life, with each other, sisters, brothers"

"'Cause you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it"

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away"

"And I know it aches, how your heart, it breaks, and you can only take so much, walk on, walk on"

Does it get any more cliche?

How can we forget the Vertigo Tour's Where The Streets Have No Name / Wow (snippet x3)? :wink:

pattip2000 said:

take that back.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Walk On and it has a fair bit of sentimental value to me, but you have to admit some of its lyrics are pretty cliche.

Axver said:
"And I know it aches, how your heart, it breaks, and you can only take so much, walk on, walk on"

They sound like lyrics from a written-by-committee boy band ballad. I like the song, but agree, many of the lyrics are cringeworthy.

Everybody knows how much I hate this one but one more time,

"Love left a window in the skies
and to love I rhapsodize."

:madspit:

anything supporting capitalism. i can't remember specific quotes right now and i refuse to look for them because they make me cry.

i guess it isn't cliche but it makes me groan...and cry.

redhotswami said:
anything supporting capitalism. i can't remember specific quotes right now and i refuse to look for them because they make me cry.

Seconded.

redhotswami said:

Has u2 ever written anything in favor ? :eyebrow:

Axver said:
There's worse than that WITS lyric:

"We're one but we're not the same/We get to carry each other [...] one love, one blood, one life/You got to do what you should/One life, with each other, sisters, brothers"

"'Cause you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it"

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away"

Does it get any more cliche?

Despite what you may think, I think "We're one but we're not the same, we get to carry eachother" is a really original line.

Not from any lyrics but I really can't stand all that 'Larry still is 14' stuff... Funny at first, but just daft 300 gigs later..

One of the only times I was truly embarrassed to be a U2 fan was because of the Milan DVD. When Bono is talking to the crowd, saying"sexy bone-o" and "its ok to be uncool", all that crap. That was horrible, the whole speech makes me shudder with shame, especially when he was making them swing side to sde. eeuurrgghh

i hate when Bono makes a speech and says

I'm Bono, Im a rockstar....:duh: everyone knows how he is

And then it :blahblah: about comming from Ireland

I love Bono dearly but im sure everyone know that already

I hate 'the Edge is and advance carbon life form' or something like that .... he says that ALL THE TIME - DOH!

i think he should assemble a 'bono marketing team' they should come up with cool things for him to say. like "rock 'n' roll doggie!!!"

mart said:
i think he should assemble a 'bono marketing team' they should come up with cool things for him to say. like "rock 'n' roll doggie!!!"

"Rock n roll doggie" that was so cool, those were the days!

Not a line necessary but all the hype about the band and their releases, and not necessarily just by Bono.

Last edited:
An Cat Gav said:
One of the only times I was truly embarrassed to be a U2 fan was because of the Milan DVD. When Bono is talking to the crowd, saying"sexy bone-o" and "its ok to be uncool", all that crap. That was horrible, the whole speech makes me shudder with shame, especially when he was making them swing side to sde. eeuurrgghh

Can you say: White and Nerdy....Bono :giggle: Love him!

Back
Top Bottom