Montreal I Party, and maybe a Setlist Watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So for everyone there 11/22, if the show ended with Bad or Yahweh/40, would the show have been near perfection? Personally, I was hoping for Out of Control to show up.

circa1992 said:

OK, nice to meet you! Sue and her brother were behind us in the GA line and I was allowed to bring them into the ellipse with us when my ticket scanned in. When we got into the ellipse, Sarah and I went right to the front only to find the front rail was taken, while Sue and John went right to the back rail. Sarah and I are short so I wasn't sure if we would be able to see much with tall people in front of us. So I actually considered taking her to the back because I was worried she might get hurt if people pushed forward. But Chris was so kind and let Sarah have his front rail spot! She just went to the back to put our jackets back their with Sue. Thanbk GOD we didn't move back where you guys were.

Ah, yup, that would be them. :) The back rail is pretty cool but I can see where you're coming from... :wink: I met Chris at the Bono Times Talk a couple of years back, he's a pretty nice guy.

onebloodonelife said:
Anyone want to make setlist predictions?

:hmm: I'm going to venture a wild guess here and say they play Vertigo. And maybe Elevation too. Call me crazy, but I think they'll play those songs tonight. :wink:

onebloodonelife said:

Nice...way to go out on a limb with that choice:wink:

well you know as they say, "When in Rome"

but really, I think Electric Co will be back in the set, and we'll see more of the ZooEncore infused with the Acoustic Encore again

Pop Artist said:

Ah, yup, that would be them. :) The back rail is pretty cool but I can see where you're coming from... :wink: I met Chris at the Bono Times Talk a couple of years back, he's a pretty nice guy.

Chris is awesome and we owe him BIG-TIME!!!

LemonMacPhisto said:

well you know as they say, "When in Rome"

but really, I think Electric Co will be back in the set, and we'll see more of the ZooEncore infused with the Acoustic Encore again

Electric Co.:drool: should've been in the setlists the whole time

circa1992 said:
So for everyone there 11/22, if the show ended with Bad or Yahweh/40, would the show have been near perfection? Personally, I was hoping for Out of Control to show up.

I don't think it would've been any greater than it was, the energy was just a tad under Monday's and Bono's voice was absolute perfection on Monday, whereas he was hoarse and kinda strained on Tuesday (although in excellent spirits).

circa1992 said:

I would have enjoyed hearing Yaweh again........ heard it live first time in may......

althjo I've seen them since {fully} in 84 {a bit in 83} I never was apartial to the 40 ending........don't dislike it....just don't love it

I would have loved if they had ened with People Have the Power........ but IK was {except for mix up] quiite fine......

"......we Alllllllll shine onnnnnnnnn...."!! :D

dazzledbylight said:

I would have enjoyed hearing Yaweh again........ heard it live first time in may......

althjo I've seen them since {fully} in 84 {a bit in 83} I never was apartial to the 40 ending........don't dislike it....just don't love it

I would have loved if they had ened with People Have the Power........ but IK was {except for mix up] quiite fine......

"......we Alllllllll shine onnnnnnnnn...."!! :D
Like I said...NO complaints out of us! We were blessed enough just to be so close. Everything else was the icing on the cake!

dazzledbylight said:

he was only hoarse here and there.........

Well, he got better as the show went on (as is usual for him) but it wasn't in top form...a lot of echo covered it up and he just barely made those glory notes in Sometimes and Miss Sarajevo.

Not complaining, mind you! But when comparing...

daygloeyes2 said:

While we're on confessions, I must confess I really like the Black Eyed Peas. :reject:

c968274e.gif

Actually, I didn't mind them until they released that "My Lumps" song. Now I hate them with the fire of a thousand nuns :shifty:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom