MLB Hot Stove Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how many of those 61% picked the white sox last year...

frankly i think cashman is doing a great job this offseason... he avoided making any huge and rash moves early, held his ground, and has filled holes ever so nicely.

besides filling needs in centerfield and the leadoff spot with one move, he's also sured up their bullpen with farnsworth and now, come june, octovial dotel... comming off tommy john surgery, yes... but these days pitchers tend to throw harder off tommy john surgery than they did before :shrug: legal performance enhancement :up:

on a side note, and i did not make this up, there are parents out there who have gotten sketch bag doctors to perform tommy john surgery on their teenage sons in order to boost arm strength for the future. i shit you not.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
this up, there are parents out there who have gotten sketch bag doctors to perform tommy john surgery on their teenage sons in order to boost arm strength for the future. i shit you not.

Santa, I want Dr. Andrews or maybe in this case it's Dr. Nick (Hi everybody!), to perform elbow reconstruction on my right arm so I can make varsity. :ohmy:

I had Kerlan and Jobe do my left knee following my motorcycle accident..but that was in the infancy stages of the procedure where I was bedridden for 2 days...not anymore, you're on the field in 72 hours.

i wish i had gotten tommy john surgery when i was 15. can i travel back 3 years?

meanwhile, cardinals sign sidney ponson. order the rings now.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
how many of those 61% picked the white sox last year...

frankly i think cashman is doing a great job this offseason... he avoided making any huge and rash moves early, held his ground, and has filled holes ever so nicely.

besides filling needs in centerfield and the leadoff spot with one move, he's also sured up their bullpen with farnsworth and now, come june, octovial dotel... comming off tommy john surgery, yes... but these days pitchers tend to throw harder off tommy john surgery than they did before :shrug: legal performance enhancement :up:

Yeah, but there's one key area you are forgetting - starting pitching. They haven't done anything to improve on it, and last year wasn't exactly a stellar effort.

The Yanks better win the WS in 06.

yankees_bloat560.jpg

8 players: $106,000,000

Did anyone see that NewsDay article about the Yanks being in the red?

Last edited:
starting pitching will of course still be a problem... johnson, mussina, pavano, wright, chicon, small, wong... they have plenty of guys who could be good, but who knows if randy and mussina are done, no one knows what pavano can do, same with wright, and who knows if chacon, small and wong can replicate what they did last year.

StlElevation said:
i wish i had gotten tommy john surgery when i was 15. can i travel back 3 years?

meanwhile, cardinals sign sidney ponson. order the rings now.

And a "hands off the beer" sign for his locker...or assign him a designated driver...maybe he was signed because Busch is his favorite brewer......:hmm:

MrBrau1 said:
The Yanks better win the WS in 06.

yankees_bloat560.jpg

8 players: $106,000,000

Did anyone see that NewsDay article about the Yanks being in the red?

not for nothing the yankees payroll is currently a good 20-30 million less than it was last year, with the loss of kevin brown and tom gordon, and with bernie williams going from around 15 million per to 1 million per

Hewson said:

Onion rings?

can't order those, sidney already ate them all.

this better at least mean they are trading marquis for kearns or another corner outfielder so that Reyes is still in the rotation, giving something like carpenter , mulder, suppan, reyes, ponson. i dont want ponson taking reyes spot in the rotation.

not for nothing but jim caple is a douchebag.

i know the sports guy is blatantly biased as well, but he does so in a funny way, and he even gives credit to the yankees when credit is due.

jim caple is the perfect example of every red sox fan i went to school with that i hate, while bill simmons is the perfect example of the rational red sox fan who i enjoyed debating with over pints.

King of Queens?
Dec 22 - Manny Ramirez has re-opened the door to a trade to the Mets after seeing how Boston's front office handled the Johnny Damon negotiations, the New York Post reports. Ramirez reportedly would strongly consider waiving his no-trade clause and coming to New York.
While the Red Sox continue to look for Ramirez trade partners, the Boston Herald reports, they're also exploring ways to keep the mercurial slugger.

Red Sox co-GM Ben Cherington said on a conference call Tuesday, the Herald reports, that "we also continue to talk to Manny and his representatives and continue to work on flushing out issues related to Ramirez's desire to be traded.

"We're trying to appease some of his concerns. At this point, we just want to listen. We're not going to get into the reasons why he wants out."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom