MLB 2K5 Down the Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now if the red sox, yankees, white sox and indians all end up with the same record...

what in the bloody hell do we do then?

red sox and yankees play for the division, white sox and indians play for the division... winners are in, losers play off for the wildcard?

makes sense to me... back to back one game playoffs? :drool::drool::drool:

UberBeaver said:

As a Red Sox fan I find this post HIGHLY offensive. :mad:

Yank fans like to get ahead of themselves. Witness the 2004 AL Champ Tee Shirt.

pMLB2-1742989dt.jpg

MrBrau1 said:

Yank fans like to get ahead of themselves. Witness the 2004 AL Champ Tee Shirt.

pMLB2-1742989dt.jpg

Heh. But teams get their championship shirts printed in advance all the time. If they lose, they donate them to Bangladesh or some other impoverished country.

Fun game over at Boston Dirt Dogs: Who shot Curt Schilling?

Originally I thought it was Keith Foulke, but now I'm starting to think that Manny made the comment in Spanish and really meant to say "how come when Schilling comes into the game, he gets treated like the potato?"

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:
The Red Sox is playing twice today... they have to, at least, drop one... :evil:

The Sox have a deep enough bench (Olerud and Mirabelli are playing the first game today). But if they have to use Timlin in the first game, they could have problems.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
giants are only 3 games out... the barry bonds for mvp campaign is in full effect...
Of course Barry was 0fer5 last night and is hitting .250 curently. Meanwhile the Padres need to have a huge final week to ensure a sub .500 team doesn't win the NL West, er NL Worst.
George Bush should intervene and demand that the 4 NL Playoff teams be the Cards, Bravos, Stros and Fightin Phils and force the NL West "winner" to stay home.
(Watch the Padres win the division at 79-83, and go on to win the World Series...they could win each series in the final game, 3-2, 4-3 and 4-3 and win the whole shebang with a sub. 500 record including playoffs)

speedracer said:
But if they have to use Timlin in the first game, they could have problems.
Timlin had a fairly easy 9th, 10 or 11 pitches so he should be available for tonight, just be sure Tito doesn't bring him in with inherited runners aboard.

Hewson said:
Timlin had a fairly easy 9th, 10 or 11 pitches so he should be available for tonight, just be sure Tito doesn't bring him in with inherited runners aboard.

or maybe Tito should skip over him in favor of Hansen.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the orioles aren't really due for much of anything...

No, but when you consider they need to drop 12 in a row for the Wanks to sweep, it creates a little odds sub-plot.

MrBrau1 said:

No, but when you consider they need to drop 12 in a row for the Wanks to sweep, it creates a little odds sub-plot.

Well, I think the 'Jays need to steal one from the Sox as they did from the Yankees... they couldn't in the first game, but might in the second one... also, I think Wakefield will pitch on 3-day rest against the Yankees on Friday...

U2@NYC said:

Well, I think the 'Jays need to steal one from the Sox as they did from the Yankees... they couldn't in the first game, but might in the second one... also, I think Wakefield will pitch on 3-day rest against the Yankees on Friday...

Wells Friday
Wakefield Saturday
Schilling Sunday

randhail said:

or maybe Tito should skip over him in favor of Hansen.

Hansen throws hard, but everything he throws is either way out of the strike zone or right down the middle.

Hewson said:
Of course Barry was 0fer5 last night and is hitting .250 curently. Meanwhile the Padres need to have a huge final week to ensure a sub .500 team doesn't win the NL West, er NL Worst.
George Bush should intervene and demand that the 4 NL Playoff teams be the Cards, Bravos, Stros and Fightin Phils and force the NL West "winner" to stay home.
(Watch the Padres win the division at 79-83, and go on to win the World Series...they could win each series in the final game, 3-2, 4-3 and 4-3 and win the whole shebang with a sub. 500 record including playoffs)

Giants are DONE!!! go home steriod boy

The Padres, can wrap up the fourth division championship in their 37-year history by winning one of the two remaining games in this four-game series with the second-place Giants. San Diego has a four-game lead with five to play

Back
Top Bottom