MLB 2020- Coronavirus Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:applaud:

Someone gave me the perfect Lance’s Mom alley oop setup in The Other Place yesterday, and brothers, I must confess that I indeed slammed that thing down with full force.

Last edited:
I feel like every year I need a reminder of what the Lance-running-joke is.

83926.jpg

Way happier with the Dodgers being in the World Series than the fucking Braves. Hopefully low payroll finds a way to beat high payroll though.

Kershaw's playoff struggles have generally involved going beyond 75 pitches and in relief appearances. If he's utilized properly, he can be an effective weapon. Roberts is just a homer and uses him like he's an ace 100% of the time.

Which worked out great for us last season :up: Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Up until last night, the series had been pretty uninspiring, but that was an instant classic.

Kershaw went from an opportunity to win the championship tonight and shake off his demons once and for all, to now being forced to pick his team up following a disastrous 9th inning choke. He doesn't deserve this shit.

Kershaw pitching on short rest in the biggest game of his career is...definitely something to be concerned about.

That loss last night gave me classic Cubs vibes, and not in a good way.

Kershaw pitching on short rest in the biggest game of his career is...definitely something to be concerned about.

That loss last night gave me classic Cubs vibes, and not in a good way.

How is it short rest? He pitched on Tuesday. In any typical 5-man rotation, today is his normal turn.

if the dodgers win this game, pulling blake snell there has to be one of the ultimate boneheaded pitching changes in world series history right?

Last edited:
but also congrats to the city of LA for being the only city ever, and probably for all time, to win a world series and an NBA finals in the same month.

Justin Turner was pulled mid game due to a positive Covid test.

And here all his teammates are in a giant orgy after the game.

That was a decent series. Promised a little more after game 4, but decent.

They can't all be instant classics like 2016 and 2019, but considering the circumstances I think it was pretty good baseball.

manfred had better give gary bettman a call before next season for some tips on how not to let the trophy presentation boos hurt his feelings. [emoji23]

Not a good look that Turner is out there hugging teammates and holding the trophy and taking his mask off after a freshly-announced positive Covid test.

I get it, they had been in the locker room and dugout and field with him all day and he's one of the longest tenured Dodgers but still...it just feels wrong to me. And I was cheering for the Dodgers.

I mean, it's fair to criticize Turner, but the more important question is, why the fuck would they do a test late enough to the point where they don't get the results until the game is almost over?

Isn't the point to have them cleared before the game starts?

Sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan that in the second inning, the lab doing COVID-19 tests informed Major League Baseball that Turner's test from Monday came back inconclusive. Samples taken from Tuesday then arrived and were run, sources said, and they showed up positive. The league then immediately called the Dodgers and said to pull Turner.

The results from the first test weren't even relayed until the second inning? And if they're inconclusive, the rule should have been to pull him right then as a precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom