MLB 2009 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. AL hitters + Joe-L = doom.

This is what I first thought as well, but I had a quick look at his stats and it seems that he completely re-invented himself as a groundball pitcher last year, so it's not like he pitched the same way he always had and got a bunch of pop-ups or hard-hit fly balls go right to his outfielders. Whether or not he can sustain this success without Dave Duncan and playing against AL hitters remains to be seen, of course.

This is what I first thought as well, but I had a quick look at his stats and it seems that he completely re-invented himself as a groundball pitcher last year, so it's not like he pitched the same way he always had and got a bunch of pop-ups or hard-hit fly balls go right to his outfielders. Whether or not he can sustain this success without Dave Duncan and playing against AL hitters remains to be seen, of course.

that was my biggest concern about piniero when the mets were trying to sign him... that he was a creation of dave duncan and that he'd go back to sucking once he left him.

I remember reading the same thing in SI around mid-season, so, good point. We'll see how he fares sans Duncan, I guess.

This is probably the season I've looked forward to the most in recent memory simply because of all of the sabermetrics stuff I've been reading about and learning.

Not sure but I know a ton of Cubs fans who are getting on bended knee every night before bed praying that they'll be the ones to sign him.

Me too, but, from everything I've read, the Cubs are pretty much set 1-5.

I keep thinking Mariners. Felix and Lee are an amazing 1 2, but, after that the drop off is huge. And they've shown that they're not afraid to spend or take a risk this off-season.

I saw Sheets pitch in person once, on a baseball road trip with my Dad. He struck out 17 that day. Fucking guy, if he could just stay healthy.

Apparently he had a fantastic work out in front of a gaggle of scouts last week.....

Meanwhile, when the fuck will Ben Sheets be signed?

After having elbow surgery he has begun rehabbing the elbow at TMI Sports Medicine in Arlington, Texas. The clinic is owned and operated by the Texas Rangers team doctor. While Sheets is not technically connected to the Texas Rangers, they did show interest in the offseason.

I still feel good about their chances.

I still feel good about their chances.

I will be pissed off if the Rangers outbid us on both Sheets and Harden (two guys there was serious talk about them targeting one of). Ah well, though. If I root for anyone else in my division, the Rangers it shall be.

I feel like Mrs. Springsteen lately:

New York Mets get OF Gary Matthews Jr. and cash from Los Angeles Angels for right-hander Brian Stokes - ESPN Los Angeles

And the Phillies have given extensions to Victorino and Blanton.

when somebody is willing to pay all but 2 million of a 24 million dollar contract for you to take a player off their hands, it's probably not a good thing... especially when it's a team that has refused to pony up for the likes of mark texiera, k-rod, vlad and lackey over the past two seasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom