MLB '08 - Down The Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be nervous, but, be a little happy/excited, too. Playoff baseball is awesome, and making it two years in a row these days just aint easy. Last season, of the 8 teams in the playoffs, only one had been there the year before: The Yankees (who are obviously not going this season).

And, sure, you want to come charging into the playoffs with momentum, but, that guarantees nothing. The Phillies came flying into the playofs and were quickly bounced. The 2000 Yankees stumbled into the playoffs and won the WS. You just never know.

If you make it, and trot out Big Z, Harden and Dempster (assuming all 3 are healthy), well, that's a scary trio to face in the post-season.

Once again all very true and I absolutely agree with you. I just want it to happen so badly, that each time it doesn't (which has been twice and a half now since I've been watching baseball) it knocks me out for a little while :uhoh: I, uh...really like baseball. So yeah anyways, I'll try and remain calm :)

And if Zamy's healthy, we just gotta hope Mr. Pinella doesn't decide to pull him early in the first game of playoffs to save him for Sunday, when Sunday isn't yet guaranteed :banghead: good decision, bad decision, I'm not smart enough about baseball to know, but I know if fing pissed me off

Some day the Angies will understand that the World Series is not won in June and July, probably not some day soon, but some day.

What, is this your way of rationalizing the Bosox 1-8 record vs. the Angels this year?

We go into the playoffs healthy, Boston's done.

What, is this your way of rationalizing the Bosox 1-8 record vs. the Angels this year?

We go into the playoffs healthy, Boston's done.

Hey, Lackey, you better not get too cocky. You might jinx your team. Being a (cough) ballplayer yourself, surely you must know that they are a superstitious bunch. Once the playoffs start, the BoSox will be ready.

Your boys have been scuffling since Aug 1..
Part of the game. Frustrating as hell, but part of the game. Seeing as how we have a better record than the Bosox, not a stretch to say that the Sox have had at least as many team-wide slumps as we have.

Hey, Lackey, you better not get too cocky. You might jinx your team. Being a (cough) ballplayer yourself, surely you must know that they are a superstitious bunch. Once the playoffs start, the BoSox will be ready.

The Bosox might be ready, but if we get Kendrick back soon, I guarantee you the Angels will school the fuckin' Red Sox.

Not that we haven't had other inuries in the last two months (e.g., Izturis is out for the year), but if we get Kendrick back in time for him to get into game shape and we don't lose any other of our key guys, it's all over for the Red Sox and every other team.

Part of the game. Frustrating as hell, but part of the game. Seeing as how we have a better record than the Bosox, not a stretch to say that the Sox have had at least as many team-wide slumps as we have.

This may be true, but having a slump towards the end of the season isn't exactly a good thing.

And I wonder with the Angels about to clinch so early if it affects them when the playoffs start. You know they will take things easy the last few weeks of the season. The question is, will they be able to turn it on again? As we've seen in similar scenarios, that's not always easy.

The Sox are getting hot at the right time. That carries over into the playoffs.

We all know what the Giants did last year in the NFL.

Of course, you could also turn out to be the Cardinals of 2006. So who the fuck knows. :wink:

Carlos%20Delgado%20smokin.jpg

Last edited:
Well the Cubs didn't blow a 9th inning lead again, but Marmol is trying his hardest to give this one away regardless.

And GAF must be about to choke on his own vomit as the White Sox lead is about to shrink to half a game over the Twins.

Yeah, we looked miserable today...getting swept by the Blue Jays in the doubleheader. And Konerko, who's been hitting .350 over the last month, went down in game 2 with what looked like a serious knee injury.

It's all good, though. We'll get 'em tomorrow.

God, I love this MLB.tv deal that I have. I'm watching this Brewers/Reds game right now. Some dude named Tony Gwynn just stole a base for the Brewers.. Any relation to hall-of-famer Tony Gwynn?

God, I love this MLB.tv deal that I have. I'm watching this Brewers/Reds game right now. Some dude named Tony Gwynn just stole a base for the Brewers.. Any relation to hall-of-famer Tony Gwynn?

Do you have Mosaic? :love: So awesome.

And like Zoney said, it's his son, but I ALWAYS do a double take when I see his name on the board anyways :lmao:

No, what is Mosaic?

I just have this MLB.tv subscription that lets me watch any game on my computer. It's sweeeeeeeeeet.

Edit: Reds take the lead.

Mosaic is what you get if you subscribe to MLB Pro. It lets you watch six games at once, which is a little bit of overkill, but there's also an option to watch one game on a bigger screen, and have two games in smaller screens to the side, which is really a fun way to deal with commercial breaks :).

Thank God for Brandon Phillips

Reds, you may have inexplicably kicked the Cubs asses this weekend, but...I at least salute you for also inexplicably kicking the Brewers asses as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom